Bad Panic Attacks

[Ke...]

Not sure what's going on but for the past 5 days, I wake up after an hour or two from sleeping with severe chest tightness, chills and can't catch my breath.  I know its not my heart, I'm extremely active and walk multiple miles everyday.  Anyone ever have this happen after almost 3 years of being off these damn pills?  I feel like my head is full of water, can't exercise and feel like I'm back at the beginning of my recovery. 

Keith, this sounds purely like benzo wd to me. I took nightly benzos for thirty years and my withdrawal lasted more than one year. To be honest, it took me about 4 years to feel like a real human being again. I wouuld guess that you are in some sort of weird wave right now. Your brain is still trying to heal itself, is my guess. And you, like all of use, are being affected by the Covid 19 scare.

If you think back, I bet you will see that despite this weird wave, you are so much better than you were 3 years ago. Try to focus on the positives, NOT the negatives (fear, worry, doom and gloom).

Would you let me know how you are doing???

east (Annie)

Thanks for replying Annie.  After these past few days, it makes me realize how far along I was.  Hopefully this is just a bump in the road and it goes away in the next few days or week.  But man it feels just like I just got home from rehab 3 years ago. 

I think you are right on here. A bump in the road, indeed. Benzo wd has a lot of tht sort of stuff. We just have to learn how to deal with the waves, windows and whatever benzo wd throws at us. This CAN be done. It takes a strong determination to beat benzos. You simply cannot give up.

Keep on going, friend. Every day gets you closer to healing from this.

Annie (east)

Had a three hour window last night and hoping its the start of more.  Thanks for the encouragement.