Gerd and Antacids

[Sc...]

Scooby, after a few days of omaprazole (takes a few days to work), your esophagus and gut ought to feel a lot better. Mine did after I started nexium.

And what about the aloe juice? It soothes things down a great deal in a very short time. You can take them both together.

Katz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sc...]

• [or...]

• [Ho...]

• [fe...]

I hope it gets better katz. I have the aloe juice i will take it as well. This gerd has caused me such severe anxiety because of the discomfort.

Nope. Full-fledged GERD. Diagnosed by my gastro. She is not happy that I take courses of Nexium whenever I feel I need to. (She poo-poos aloe juice, licorice and slippery elm). But nothing else helps it -- the Pepcids or Gaviscons. I don't eat foods that trigger GERD, I lost weight, I don't smoke, I drink a glass of wine maybe once a month. And I do understand the risks.

It's a bummer, Scooby. We do what we have to to feel well imo.

:smitten:

Katz

I did. Two of them in fact It's no big deal. I got the anesthetist to use propofol for one. Versed for the other. It really made no difference. It's like a 20 minute procedure. Then the gastro will know what's really going on in there. It's actually kind of reassuring.

I know you say you dread it, but maybe you should have one? Just a thought.

Katz

I hope the PPI relieves my symptoms so i don't need one. If i have to get one i don't want full sedation. Joan Rivers died from this procedure.

I think i have problems swallowing normal foods probably from the gerd. On the 17th of Jan i was eating normally and felt i swallowed a small bone in a soup and from that day on i couldn't swallow solid foods. I don't know if it's from fear of what happened or a narrowing esophagus problem.

I started Omeprazole today and will take for 14 days hopefully it relieves my symptoms. I been complaining of tightness in the chest tingling/prickling sensations. A knot in my stomach. I do have a history of gerd i had it before about a decade ago. I never thought it would come back, i had no warning sign to prevent it or i would have.

I didn't want to be tortured like this i was already dealing with my protacted withdrawals from benzos. I was doing well until this happened.

This is an interesting article on gerd and how it's best diagnosed by drug trial rather than endoscopy https://acpinternist.org/archives/2014/06/GERD.htm

Scooby, I drink 8 oz glasses at a time.  I don't care about the taste, it healed my two ulcers and got my gut all straightened out.  Took months but it worked. 

Scooby,

Yep, the GEL is the best one.  Juice does NOTHING ...trust me the GEL is the only way to go.  It does the JOB of healing the gut.  Least it did for me.

I DRINK it in a glass.  As much as you need is how I did it and do it.  Sometimes a small glass, sometimes many glasses of it.  If I need it, I take it.

It's too thick to drink it has to be diluted with water. I just take 1 tbsp and wash it down with water. Hope i am doing it right.

It is thick but I can take it easily and I'm 5'1" and weigh 105 lbs.  Small boned too.  So I can do it.......it's not that bad.  Just swallow a little at a time OR you could mix it with water if you cannot stand it.  I never mix it with water, I just drink it a little at a time.  I want the GEL to COAT my intestines. 

Scooby, here is the link to the Aloe I told you about:

ALO Exposed Aloe Vera Juice Drink, Aloe Vera + Honey, 16.9 Ounce (Pack of 12)

The Desert Lily or whatever is a gel that you use externally. I sure as heck wouldn't drink it!!!! Yeah, I suppose you could but it would make me heave. And nothing "coats your intestines". Lol it doesn't get down that far.  I have some aloe gel that I used for burns and yuck, I sure wouldn't want it in MY gut.

Anyhow, that's the info, Scooby. You should do whatever helps you.

And Hope, this is the kind of thing we are asked NOT to do on here:

Juice does NOTHING ...trust me the GEL is the only way to go.

It's fine to say that something helped you, but it's not fine to be prescriptive (i.e. do this, don't do that, this works absolutely, this doesn't.) It's okay to say what worked for you . . . and that's all.

Katz

Do you mean the juice I recommended? It has a tiny bit of citric acid. It doesn't bother my GERD. Just makes the juice taste a bit better.

Katz

oregonkatz Also Lily of the valley has citric acid.. they all do. Seems the Aloe vera juice/gel helps many even with the critric acid.