Gerd and Antacids

[Sc...]

Yeah, I don't think the citric acid is a deal-breaker. It didn't bother me a bit. But you have to make up your own mind. If you think it will adversely affect you, don't drink the stuff.

K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sc...]

• [or...]

• [Ho...]

• [fe...]

oregonkatz How long have you had gerd?. Did you get that chest pain/throat pain that was very uncomfortable?. I had this about a decade ago and it was caused by benzos. I was given a PPI and took it for months then switched to pepcid and eventually got off.

I understood how i got it this time. It was pill induced, i was swallowing 2 large capsules of Valerian every night with not much water and going to bed i woke up many nights with burning in my stomach and a few days later got gerd. Never thought in a million years i would get this again. I should have paid attention to my stomach and what i was doing and eating.

I've had GERD for about 3 years. It started slowly with just an occasional bit of acid. Then it became pretty much constant. I'd had an ulcer several years before but I don't think the GERD had anything to do with it. It's not mysterious-- I had bad eating habits, weighed too much, had a lot of stress.  When I finish the course of Nexium I am on now I will try to taper off PPIs. Again.

I did not get the throat/chest pain.

It sounds as though you can fix this, though. Your PPI fixed it before. So, good luck.

Best,

K