.5 mg Xanax to Valium

[Vo...]

I will certainly do my best to make that happen Pamster.  I am incredibly thankful for your compassion and support and hope you are doing well.

Day 6 since my last dose of Xanax...  using Mirtazapine for sleep - its good for about 5 hours.  Wish Id known about this drug before I got on the Xanax. Nothing crazy so far in symptoms but the, heart palpitations, agitation anxiety and tension are through the roof.  I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts based on my history of using Ambien and Xanax, if I am doing the right thing waiting on the symptoms and trying to push through cold turkey. Reading everywhere how cold turkey is never a good idea.  Or should I try to immediately taper.  Would it do me a lot of harm if I kept pushing until a major symptom happens?

Hi VonDark,

I'd sounds like you're in the thick of it and would like some reassurance from the greater community, I don't blame you a bit, it's awful.  I have two suggestions for you, first if you'll provide a history of your med usage in the form of a signature, it would be very helpful for those making suggestions.  Here are the instructions.  Add your history/signature 

Second, I'd suggest posting your question on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support , it gets a lot more traffic than the taper boards.

Let me know if you have difficulty making your signature and I'll walk you through it.  :)

Pamster