Need help getting off 1 mg of daily Clonazepam (5 years).

[Mi...]

Do you have any new stress in your life, work, home, any new medications or supplements, new health issues, and you're not drinking alcohol, right?

I like the fact that you're going to do a deep dive into why you might be experiencing increased anxiety, paying attention to what's going on in our lives is important when looking for clues.

For sleep tips, I'd follow this member around the forum, he's got some great ones.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response Pamster, you are an inspiration for everyone.

My doctor placed me on Prozac (40mg) to deal with this anxiety. Its been two weeks and I fell worse. I have too much anxiety and stopped drinking two weeks ago. I also took clonazepam again to go to sleep (.5mg), it didn't work.  Also Lunesta, and no good.

It seems that I keep digging myself more and more into a hole

I was wondering if I should taper clonazepam and go from there and also taper Lunesta and then Prozac. I think I have too many chemicals in my brain!

My Doctor told me to keep with Prozac and Lunesta, but I dont know so far.... What do you think?

I'm confused too, are you back on Clonazepam and Lunesta and if so, what doses?

You've been on Prozac before, did it work for you?  The only problem I can see is it's still too soon to know if it's going help since it can take up to 5 weeks to reach full effectiveness.  I will say that members have said that while going through this process they find their central nervous system is highly sensitized and what worked in the past doesn't seem to work now.

We typically suggest members taper the faster acting drugs first because of interdose withdrawal issues but it's up to you if and when you decide to taper the Lunesta.