So poorly and defeated

[ch...]

A huge congrats πŸŽˆπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ to you! On a job well done. Now the healing can truly begin! ❀️❀️❀️❀️

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ch...]

• [va...]

• [De...]

• [be...]

Jen, this has been so emotional, I have tears in my eyes. You are amazing and you did it!!! So proud of you!!!Β  :smitten:

Β 

Oh my this is so overwhelming the amount of love that people have for others on here,Β 

Β 

Thank you so muchΒ  for your kind message

I heard there was a celebration over here, congratulations on getting rid of the last of it!Β  :clap::yippee:Β  Just imagine what it will be like not to be chained to this process, no more science lab in your kitchen, no more schedule to keep, no more mixing, storing, measuring or fretting, now it's up to your body and believe me, it knows what to do!

Β 

You've done this right, done it the through the best practices we have available and now the miracle of your brain will take over from here.Β  Trust the process, trust those who say you'll get through this and trust the real you will emerge a stronger, more confident and grateful person.Β  :smitten:

Β 

Β 

What an amazing messageΒ  , Thank you , I did try to quietly mention I had finished my taper, hence not creating a new thread, yet there has been such a caring and loving response,Β  It has been, and still is a very hardΒ  journey for me, and I know I have a long way to go but nowhere to go from here except forward and healing.Β  I am so very grateful for all the support ,It really is overwhelming,Β  I feel a fraud as I still struggle but I need to stay strong and keep going. I long for a window, to know I can heal, but I have so many here who I know will help me through the rest till I am well and fitΒ  againΒ 

Β 

Thank you so much

Well I finally ran out of dosesΒ  I guess,

Β 

today zero dose,Β 

Β 

Β 

Jen

Β 

So glad it’s FINALLY over Jen!Β  You’ll heal beautifully and be healthy, happy and loving life again soon!Β  :smitten:

Β 

πŸ’œ

Β 

Β 

Thank you so much. I don't yet feel confident but have to trust the process. My head is telling me all sorts. The many reasons I wont heal but I have to believe I will and do all in my power to help, as bestΒ  I can.

Β 

I am so grateful for all the support here, It's beyond words the amount of caring and it can keep you going when it feels impossible

Β 

Thank you once again

A huge congrats πŸŽˆπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ to you! On a job well done. Now the healing can truly begin! ❀️❀️❀️❀️

Β 

Β 

Thank you so much .It's such a hard journey and still a way to go yet, I have finished the valium but the healing has to take place now as you say.Β  I long for a day without the state of panic I live in. Oh what a special day that will be

Β 

All these wonderful messages really touch me so much , I still need a lot of support but I keep moving towards the goal ofΒ  full healing and living life once again

Β 

Β 

Jen,

I have watched you posts and struggles, I know if you can do it I can do it. I am so very happy for you.

lisa

Β 

Thank you Lisa

Β 

Part one is done, and onto day 3 of part two,Β  Oh my ,

Β 

Jen

Thank you so much everyone for you love and support.

I am at day 6 post taper and I am terrified by the numbness. I know I have posted about it several times before, even several monthsΒ  back, but now it's getting stronger.

I didn't have it before valium, so it surely is connected. I am trying so hard now to try and distract,Β  I count each day as a day closer to being well again, but I cannot seem to come to terms with this.Β  I do hope it's not permanent,

Β 

I think it increased with the use of Macrobid for a UTI, but really not sure,Β 

Doctors dismiss it as anxiety, as blood tests in August were ok, I am not hyperventilating,Β  BP is ok as is pulse,Β 

Β 

IΒ  think nerve damage can take a long time to repair, Just my mind runs to all sorts.Β  Tinnitus is so bad.Β  but hopefully all will mend in the end.

Β 

My mind is running to all kinds of horrible conditions,.Β  Trying to stay calm but so very hard.

Β 

Jen

Β 

Β 

Hey Jen-

I heard it thru the grapevine that you’ve jumped and finally at ZERO!

Yay! I’m so happy for you. Relax, be gentle on yourself and let the healing begin!!

❀️

Sadly feeling so very bad today, I had hoped it wouldn't get worse but it has,Β  I am not sure there is much I can do about it.

Β 

I rang the Doctor for advice re the numbness etc . Little she can do without seeing me and no appointments ,Β  just said that bloods were ok for vitamins in August when I had numbness,Β  just worse as well as many other symptoms coming thick and fast, I may as well have fast tapered I think,Β 

Β 

I wonder if anyone else has been like this after 6 days off ?Β  Not sure how to survive ,but what else can I do?

Β 

Thank you all for you support,

Β 

Β 

Jen

Jen, I did PM you but haven't heard from you and am concerned.

Β 

Β  I listened to Neighbor Bob a year ago and he said that the very worst wave ever hit him just as he got off the Valium.Β  So I'm wondering if that's what it is.

Β 

Β  Β  I hope someone answers you who has gone through this themselves.Β  But Neighbor did and said it was the very worst he ever had just when he finished the taper but he gradually got better as time went on day by day.

Β 

Β  Β  Hope this helps.

KimmieΒ  Hugs and Love.

Jen, well I'm glad to see there is a thread where everyone can cheer you on as you enter this last phase!!! You deserve all the accolades!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I know things are really bad right now, but just like when you were tapering, take it moment to moment!!! Your body may take a while to realize things are different but know that your brain and body are adjusting every day!Β  Keep thinking as positive as you can and avoid some of the scarier posts on the post taper recovery board.Β  I hold onto the words that lori043 said, that other peoples' hell or story may not be my own.Β  Keep on thinking positively that you will kick this meds a$#!Β  Are you still trying to get out for walks when you are feeling able?Β  The fresh air here makes me feel alive!Β  Yesterday with the windchill it felt like -26 celcius!Β  Crazy, but I bundled up and took my dog for a walk.Β  Yup...felt really alive and in the moment! Today with the windchill it feels like-14 celcius but the sun is shining. Threw on the parka and stood in the yard with the dog for 10 minutes with my face to the sun.Β  I feel pretty tired, have a bad headache and stomach issues, along with my usual g.i. issues, but man is it a beautiful day!Β  Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way ❀!

Jen, well I'm glad to see there is a thread where everyone can cheer you on as you enter this last phase!!! You deserve all the accolades!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I know things are really bad right now, but just like when you were tapering, take it moment to moment!!! Your body may take a while to realize things are different but know that your brain and body are adjusting every day!Β  Keep thinking as positive as you can and avoid some of the scarier posts on the post taper recovery board.Β  I hold onto the words that lori043 said, that other peoples' hell or story may not be my own.Β  Keep on thinking positively that you will kick this meds a$#!Β  Are you still trying to get out for walks when you are feeling able?Β  The fresh air here makes me feel alive!Β  Yesterday with the windchill it felt like -26 celcius!Β  Crazy, but I bundled up and took my dog for a walk.Β  Yup...felt really alive and in the moment! Today with the windchill it feels like-14 celcius but the sun is shining. Threw on the parka and stool in the yard with the dog for 10 minutes with my face to the sun.Β  I feel pretty tired, have a bad headache and stomach issues, along with my usual g.i. issues, but man is it a beautiful day!Β  Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way ❀!

Β 

That was a great post BLL!Β  Love you and Chin πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Thank you so much for your support I really need it today .

Β 

I don't know why the numbness I have had through aΒ  lot of my taper has become stronger, but everything has intensified

Β 

I have walked a lot today, but there is a limit,Β 

Β 

Not sure what else to do really ,Β 

Β 

I rang the Doctor for advice but she really could not offer muchΒ  , Just make an appointment next week if I am really worried, but give it a couple of weeks to see if things improve,

Β 

So here I amΒ  on day 6 and trying to get through.Β  It's a pity I didn't get the 2-3 weeks before real acute, as now it's hit me at Christmas,Β  oh dear,Β 

Β 

Trying to eat without success, my head is so numb, and every part of me feels weak, yet tense, Hard to describe,

Β 

Not sure for me personally that the slow taper helped,Β  but that's in the past now, I have to get through minute by minute,Β 

Β 

The numbness really scares me, and the weakness,

Β 

Oh well I must keep going as there is no other way ,

Β 

Wish there was though

Β 

Jen

Thank you so much for your support I really need it today .

Β 

I don't know why the numbness I have had through aΒ  lot of my taper has become stronger, but everything has intensified

Β 

I have walked a lot today, but there is a limit,Β 

Β 

Not sure what else to do really ,Β 

Β 

I rang the Doctor for advice but she really could not offer muchΒ  , Just make an appointment next week if I am really worried, but give it a couple of weeks to see if things improve,

Β 

So here I amΒ  on day 6 and trying to get through.Β  It's a pity I didn't get the 2-3 weeks before real acute, as now it's hit me at Christmas,Β  oh dear,Β 

Β 

Trying to eat without success, my head is so numb, and every part of me feels weak, yet tense, Hard to describe,

Β 

Not sure for me personally that the slow taper helped,Β  but that's in the past now, I have to get through minute by minute,Β 

Β 

The numbness really scares me, and the weakness,

Β 

Oh well I must keep going as there is no other way ,

Β 

Wish there was though

Β 

Jen

Β 

If anyone has the determination to get through this Chin, it's you, I truly believe that.Β  πŸ’œ

Chi chick can I ask what your numbness is like and where you have it?

Β 

I have a sort of numbness in whole body - skin feels like waxy latex and also loss of internal sensation, no visceral sensation or feedback and altered sensation in mouth, nose, vagina etc.

I feels as if I have weak muscles in my left arm, and my calves, my mouth lipsΒ  feel as if I have had an dentist's anesthetic

Β 

My hands feel as if I have slept on them and very often cold, the same with theΒ  toes on my left foot

Β 

My tongue is sore,Β  my cheek feels odd the same as my fingers ,and thumbs,Β  just as if gone deadΒ  but it's not circulation,

Β 

I am really so worried about it,Β  as it's getting worseΒ  very quickly ,

Β 

I have spoken to the Doctor and the psychiatrist and both seem to want to see how it goes,

Β 

I even suggested I go to the hospital but told it probably would not be a good idea, andΒ  that if I wanted to see a neurologist, the waiting list is 6 months long and my symptoms will have probably eased by then,

Β 

I don't know what else I can do but turn to my friends on here

Β 

This is horrendous,Β  I cannot go back I have to try and accept but it really is getting worse,Β 

Β 

Does anyone have information on how long nerve damage takes to healΒ  or ifΒ  it does heal?

Β 

I am too worried to look

Β 

Jen

All my muscles are weak but extremely tight like myopathy.

My hands go cold and when got lower arms went numb when slept.

My tongue is sore too and fizzing like battery on it.

Whole body feels a bit like dental anaesthetic but lips are very bad in that way. Can feel it of stick teeth in but not if lick licks.

This all got much worse as got lower and gets worse as each dose wears off.

Everything feels wrong to touch - objects cause terror because touch sensation is wrong.

Can’t bear partner kissing forehead as feels so wrong.

My tactile sensations also get muddled up with visualerception soother ppl look like made of rubber and other ppl touching g each other looks like they are not connecting properly because looks like my body feels.

Β 

It is horrifying.

• Popular Now

Γ—
Γ—