So much better after detoxing with NAD+

[Sh...]

Hi guys! Just finished NAD today with Dr. Starr! I'm 12 days off K, jumped at .130mg. It was rough and I'm still in acute,  but I know it would be way worse without the NAD. I'll update more again when I get more energy. ❤

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [...]

• [ra...]

• [Ba...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighterk, First of all, congratulations!! I know, it is rough. You sound like you're keeping a positive attitude which is great. How was your experience with Dr. Starr's clinic? Would you recommend them? 

Please keep us updated over the next weeks/months. That's when a lot of good changes should happen, and that's what's really helpful for other people considering this treatment. You may not even notice from day to day, but when you look back you'll probably see how fast you progressed. At least that's the way it's supposed to work when it's successful! And here's to a positive outcome for you - cheers :)

Fighterk, First of all, congratulations!! I know, it is rough. You sound like you're keeping a positive attitude which is great. How was your experience with Dr. Starr's clinic? Would you recommend them? 

Please keep us updated over the next weeks/months. That's when a lot of good changes should happen, and that's what's really helpful for other people considering this treatment. You may not even notice from day to day, but when you look back you'll probably see how fast you progressed. At least that's the way it's supposed to work when it's successful! And here's to a positive outcome for you - cheers :)

Thank you NFN!!! Yes, I love Dr Starr and his whole team. They were amazing.  Beautiful clinic and I stayed 2 blocks from the beach at an Air BNB condo! Some rough evenings I would go there to walk and pick up shells to distrsct. Great clinic!

Good luck fighterk and youve explained basically how I felt when I left. It was really hard and I kept thinking oh no what have I done. But I also new I wasnt getting as bad symptoms so I knew it had worked in some capacity. Im almost 3 months off now. Im attempting to quit caffeine now which is bloody hard cause I love it. Its such a hard addiction to break also...underated. when i quit benzos i didnt even crave them anymore yet when I quit coffee my brain absolutely screams at me to drink some.

• 2 weeks later...

Never claimed it did. It helped me get off benzos CT without getting much worse and now Im doing much better than I have in years. Hence the title...so much better after nad. Its been 3 months for me since I CT. Im not gonna put a time frame on it but I am hopeful I will make it now in the not too distant future.

Nothing can heal you instantly after benzo damage.

Is it recommended to stop the benzo when you do the NAD+ IV ?  Does the NAD+ actually detox the drug out? I assume I need to wait until I'm ready to stop taking the benzo to do the NAD+?

I can't get to any of the major places for NAD+ but found a pain clinic locally giving it. They are NOT benzo aware by the conversation I had with them yesterday, so I figured I better find this out on my own.

Thanks for any info.

Also, is 750mg a normal infusion amount given over the 6-8 hours you guys have mentioned?

ImComing,

I am looking into this.  Hard.  A clinic in New York City accessible to where I live gives a 500 mg dose in a 2-3 hours IV treatment.  They also are not doing it for benzo or any withdrawal purposes, just "rejuvenation," but the clinic seems to be legit.

Ramcon1

ImComing,

I am looking into this.  Hard.  A clinic in New York City accessible to where I live gives a 500 mg dose in a 2-3 hours IV treatment.  They also are not doing it for benzo or any withdrawal purposes, just "rejuvenation," but the clinic seems to be legit.

Ramcon1

I'm looking at the Centers that do it from a benzo aware standpoint. They dont give a LOT of info, but Ken Starr does say to ask where they get their NAD+ from. Apparently there's NADH that some places are using to give it cheaper and it doesn't do the same. The reputable places are using Archway Apothecary. IDK. I don't know if anyone will reply to this post, either.

Are you going to C/T if you do the infusion? I know I'm not. I'm on this accelerated taper and trying to hold on.

ImComing,

Ramcon1

I'm looking at the Centers that do it from a benzo aware standpoint. They dont give a LOT of info, but Ken Starr does say to ask where they get their NAD+ from. Apparently there's NADH that some places are using to give it cheaper and it doesn't do the same. The reputable places are using Archway Apothecary. IDK. I don't know if anyone will reply to this post, either.

Are you going to C/T if you do the infusion? I know I'm not. I'm on this accelerated taper and trying to hold on.

Contact the Springfield Wellness Center. They can refer you to a doctor that uses the correct formula for withdrawal. I've had infusions in California and also Maryland.

ImComing,

Ramcon1

Just a quick note here... I did this at a clinic that doesn't normally do NAD+ for withdrawal, but my GP/ND wouldn't do it everyday like the actual NAD clinics do. So, buyer beware... just make sure they are going to follow the same daily protocol as the actual NAD clinics if you're going to pursue.

Is it recommended to stop the benzo when you do the NAD+ IV ?  Does the NAD+ actually detox the drug out? I assume I need to wait until I'm ready to stop taking the benzo to do the NAD+?

I can't get to any of the major places for NAD+ but found a pain clinic locally giving it. They are NOT benzo aware by the conversation I had with them yesterday, so I figured I better find this out on my own.

Thanks for any info.

Also, is 750mg a normal infusion amount given over the 6-8 hours you guys have mentioned?

I believe it's been 500mg to 1000 mg for a daily dose.

You have can NAD any time. If you're going to try to jump off your medication, you'll likely need about 10 days of daily infusions (priced at around $1300 a day).

People can also have periodic infusions to assist with a taper and them reduce the amount of benzos they're taking.

I had a few NAD infusions after my Ativan cold turkey -- at the 6 week and then the 2 month mark. Didn't really see a "drastic" healing, but I did feel better and noticed improvement.

First, Incoming,

I am going to CT 12 mg Valium and probably 25 mg Remeron too if/when I do it.

Colley/Restoration,

Whether teh operator knows about beznos or not does not matter to me, but I will double check and make sure it is pure NAD+ that tehy give.

And Restoration,

Looking and both my research and other buddies, it seems sertraline and benzos are a bad combo.  I wonder if you went another round and dropped the sert ct, would you be better in 6 months?

I am not even 100% bought in yet, but it is looking promising, and knowing what I know now, I do wonder if it would work just as well for sert.

Ramcon1

First, Incoming,

Colley/Restoration,

Whether teh operator knows about beznos or not does not matter to me, but I will double check and make sure it is pure NAD+ that tehy give.

And Restoration,

Looking and both my research and other buddies, it seems sertraline and benzos are a bad combo.  I wonder if you went another round and dropped the sert ct, would you be better in 6 months?

I am not even 100% bought in yet, but it is looking promising, and knowing what I know now, I do wonder if it would work just as well for sert.

Ramcon1

Hi ramcon.  What makes you say that they’re a bad combo? I think both are poison. it’s been over a year since my last benzo and I’m currently tapering the Sertraline.  At this point I am not willing to spend $15K to cold turkey. :(  But I may get some periodic infusions here and there to assist with my taper.

First, Incoming,

Colley/Restoration,

And Restoration,

Ramcon1

yeah, what's up with benzo's and sertraline being a bad combo? Did you mean Seroquel? Just checking because sertraline is Zoloft and I was put on it TO GET OFF benzos. Let us know...

All,

First, I verified that the clinic in NYC will be using 500 mg of pure NAD+ and the owner said she would show me the vial and the certificate of analysis before the treatment.

Imcoming,

Benzos cause damage to our glutamate receptors, mostly NMDA, and sadly, in a pretty unique way.  If they were simply up-regulated (too many) then sertraline could actually decrease the number of receptors.  But they are also "broken" in that the action potential is lower (fire too easily) and the Excitory Post Synaptic Current (EPSC) is too high, (they let too many ions through the channels.)  AD's in general, and Zoloft/sertraline in specific poke those NMDA receptors hard and they release MORE current.  I have seen a few buddies have a significant set back from sertraline.

What is really sad is that it is an honest mistake that any psychiatrist could make.  They now know benzos are dangerous, and Zoloft is a much safer anxiolytic (anxiety reducer) so using one to help the other makes sense, but wsince they donlt know neuroscience, they don't know it is toxic to a benzo damaged person.

The good news is, just like benzos, the damage reverses in time, and in general a lot less time than the benzo damage itself. 

For what it is worth, the clinic in NYC, again, selling rejuvenation not benzo healing charges 6K for ten 500 mg sessions.  I am still digging and will discuss all of this with my neurologist next week, but that is how I am leaning.  And if I had sertraline damage too, I would consider 6K.

Hope that helped.

ramcon1

Ramcon, check out Dr. Hallard Chen in NYC. He was referred to me by the Springfield wellness center.

At Ken Starr’s clinic (which is where I went in California) there is a difference in the formula for general wellness (rejuvenation and anti-aging) versus drug withdrawal. There was a price difference as well. In addition to NAD, The latter contains magnesium and other supplements I believe.

Is all NAD the same? I don’t know. But Ken Starr said that the formula matters (it should come from Archway) so I went with what he said ....

Anyhoo, keep us posted and let us know how it goes! 6K is an awesome price for 10 days!

I'll jump in here for an update guys...it's been a while now. I'm about 3.5 months since my detox. After the first month I then went back for 4 more days. I benefited greatly and it cleared away some bad physical sx I was having like severe fatigue and cog fog. I then left it until a week ago where I went back and had 2 more days. 'so it was about 2 months since those previous 4 sessions. I made friends with a nurse there and he is working the system to get it for me super cheap. These recent 2 days of NAD have improved me further. I was suffering with depressive spells after eating food with msg and too much sugar. I always felt pretty good in the mornings and before eating. Since these last 2 days of treatment these depressive spells are all but gone.

I still don't feel healed. I feel kind of an autopilot most of the time without feeling 'normal' but his treatment is definitely speeding things up and killing off symptoms each time. These last 2 days were for 1 gram each day. I am not saying this will happen for everyone. I have no idea how it will help for other people, but I am going to keep doing 'boosters' every couple of months. It no longer costs me $1000 per day so its easy for me to do now.

The hyperbaric chamber is something I'm also really interested in. I've be reading stories of people healing all kinds of crazy things from the oxygen therapy.

Shamo,

That is good to hear. Hpe life continues to improve.

Restoration,

I am soooooooooooo sensitive to everything, that I had the owner of the clinic assure me that I could get infusions that DO NOT contain anything else.  If I had IV magnesium, I would be so triggered I would never make the second treatment.

If/when I do this, it will be a pure experiment with NAD+ NAD+ and nothin' but NAD+

Ramcon1

Shamo,

That is good to hear. Hpe life continues to improve.

Restoration,

I am soooooooooooo sensitive to everything, that I had the owner of the clinic assure me that I could get infusions that DO NOT contain anything else.  If I had IV magnesium, I would be so triggered I would never make the second treatment.

If/when I do this, it will be a pure experiment with NAD+ NAD+ and nothin' but NAD+

Ramcon1

Ramcon,

Good info. Thanks. I noticed last night that sertraline has side effects of anxiety, agitation, etc. So, what you are saying makes sense. Probably the only reason I've tolerated it is because I was on the valium. I've been on it less than 6 months and so, I am going to exit off. I've already been considering it anyway.

Also, I agree about Pure NAD+.  The place I am talking to offers the Myers Cocktail, including magnesium, and I imagined myself jumping off a cliff in their clinic if they gave me that. They also mentioned glutathione... I'm pretty sure I've read that would be bad too. I'm doing all this checking out because I honestly don't know if I could even handle NAD+.

Keep us updated. You will definitely do this before me. Now I have to figure out if it's okay to jump off this sertraline since I've only been on it 5 weeks at 50mg or less during that time.

thanks, again, for the information.