Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

[dr...]

15 days off clonazepam and still on phase one  :D

im starting to find some relief to my symptoms later during the day and having odd flashes of the "normal" me. so I think i might be slowly inching towards phase 2.

Carol jean,

Phase two was rough for me also.  It's not much better than phase one, but symptoms start dampening down and some even leave.  You may also get some windows of relief.  Mine were always in the evening.

You will move into phase 3 soon.  Then things start becoming really manageable.

Time heals us all.

Sofa

Remy,

This is definitely the perfect backdrop for a Stephen King novel, complete with voodoo dolls, pins, needles, knives and machetes.  Kitchen utensils from a horror show I tell you.  Stephen King was probably on benzos!  Or maybe his mind got stuck in the same groove mine did in phases 1 & 2.

What a nightmare.  It gets soooooo much better than that!  I promise you.  This crap all leaves.

Sofa

Valgirl,

Way to plow through to phase 3.  The worst is over.  Watch the situational stuff now and you'll keep the ride smoother.

Sofa

Napdmd and MCM,

Way to go getting to Phase 4!  You'll be writing your success stories soon.  This nightmare is almost over for you!  Woot woot!!!!

Sofa

Benzojoe,

I'm glad you are already feeling somewhat normal sometimes.  Acute feels different for everybody and maybe your withdrawal will be easier.

Fading,

It seems you are handling things well.  Good for you!  Keep moving forward and this will eventually be in your rear view mirror.

Sofa

I learned that I have bone on bone at L2 and L3.  This developed over 18 months.  I am in an absolute panic about it.  Also have problems at L4 and L5 and neuropathy.  All of the pain started towards the end of my taper.  Between that and the psychological symptoms, I am losing hope.  I also came off of suboxone simultaneously with the rapid taper of benzos.

7 months free from all meds, but still in daily pain. I somehow thought I'd be better by now, so no idea what phase. I get tiny windows of no pain, but starting to doubt if I'll ever be done with the tingling, pain, ringing my ear, tummy upset, and occasional deep depressive days. Hanging on to hope!!

Napdmd and MCM,

Way to go getting to Phase 4!  You'll be writing your success stories soon.  This nightmare is almost over for you!  Woot woot!!!!

Sofa

I'm still struggling with headache, vertigo and tinnitus but I have already good days sometimes 10days good and then bad again, I wish this will be over soon..  wishing everyone a continue healing.

Remy,

This is definitely the perfect backdrop for a Stephen King novel, complete with voodoo dolls, pins, needles, knives and machetes.  Kitchen utensils from a horror show I tell you.  Stephen King was probably on benzos!  Or maybe his mind got stuck in the same groove mine did in phases 1 & 2.

What a nightmare.  It gets soooooo much better than that!  I promise you.  This crap all leaves.

Sofa

Stephen King is one of the foremost writers in the world, and he used a huge cocktail of drugs to get there. While most people use one or perhaps two drugs, King used cocaine, Xanax, Valium, NyQuil, beer, tobacco, and marijuana to get him through the day. His family eventually staged an intervention, dumping all the evidence of his addiction in front of him. He would later say that he doesn’t even remember writing some of his books; he was that much off his face.

Yeah I am hoping it gets better at the six month mark for me sofa. Give or,take .

I can definitely relate to this. I feel like I'm in phase 3 but I do have a couple of symptoms that never leave.

I'm noticing some positive changes in my sensitivity. I no longer have an issue with advil. I was also able to take a muscle relaxer called flexeril for a shoulder injury and I only experienced the regular side effects.

Gettingthere,

You WILL get there.  Phase 2 is still very tough.  Some things will start to diminish soon, others will disappear, new symptoms may pop in and out.  It's a real Wheel of Misfortune and Forest Gump box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

Ride the waves.  They will eventually ripple into shore.

Sofa

Eclectic,

I have two stubborn symptoms left that have been with me since I jumped 23 months ago.  I'm hoping the last two leave soon.

Sofa

Thank you for your response! I read through your thread. Your encouragement is so appreciated, it's nice to hear someone so hopeful. Having a fairly good day so far, and going to enjoy my wave thoroughly!  :smitten:

Eclectic,

I have two stubborn symptoms left that have been with me since I jumped 23 months ago.  I'm hoping the last two leave soon.

Sofa

Likewise. My last two seem to be anxiety and migraine. Can't for them to leave.

I never really had a stage 3 everything slowly died away now in stage 4. Most things gone but the muscle pain is still intense and lethargic most the time.

I haven't checked in a long time but I feel between stages 3 & 4. I am mostly functional but can get revved up sometimes from stress whether inside my house or out in public. I have a few symptoms left but I don't let them keep me from functioning. I'd say I feel 75% healed for the last 2 consecutive months, which is pretty amazing considering what my acute was like.

Does the time vary per person? I feel like at 7 months I'm not finding as much relief as some a few months out. I'm in a particularly rough wave, so I'm seeking reassurance mostly. Thank you!

oh yes, everyone is different in this. We all try to compare ourselves to each other but it's kind of unfair to do that. So many things need to be taken into account that it's nearly impossible to compare to each other.