Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

How much liquid do I use to mix my liquid Valium

[Cr...]

Hello, I have been taking benzos for 25 years. I’m down to 2mg of Valium and I want to micro dose with liquid Valium. How much liquid do I use to mix my liquid Valium in? I want to go very slow since I have been on benzos for so long. I get the whole process except for the amount of liquid I will be mixing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes I should have no problem getting the liquid dose I will need. Just don’t know how much water to use.(200ml-300ml)? I need to go very slow.

Yes I should have no problem getting the liquid dose I will need. Just don’t know how much water to use.(200ml-300ml)? I need to go very slow.

Providing you have a 5mg/5mL prescription oral solution, that’s 1mg/1mL.

If you put 10mL of the solution in a jar and add 90 mLs of water (I’d use distilled), then you will have a 100 mL of liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL.

10mL of a 1mg/mL liquid = 10mg of diazepam

10mL of prescription liquid + 90mL of water = 100mLs of liquid

10mg of diazepam divided by 100mLs of liquid = 0.1mg/mL

I’m still confused on what method I should do. Liquid Valium or dissolving the pill in milk. I’m terrible at math. Let’s say I dissolve 1mg of Valium in 100ml of milk then take 1ml out the first day then 2ml the next day and so on. If I dissolve 1mg of Valium in 350ml of milk and take out 1mg everyday. Using 350ml would be going slower than using 100ml of milk. It’s very hard for me to figure things out because of the withdrawals associated with the taper. I really need to figure this stuff out because it’s causing me extra stress. My doctor is willing to work with me and let me decide how much to taper. When it comes to micro dosing she is relying on me so I need to make sure I have things figured out correctly. I don’t think a lot of doctors understand the whole micro dosing thing. If I don’t have things figured out correctly please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

I’m still confused on what method I should do. Liquid Valium or dissolving the pill in milk. I’m terrible at math. Let’s say I dissolve 1mg of Valium in 100ml of milk then take 1ml out the first day then 2ml the next day and so on. If I dissolve 1mg of Valium in 350ml of milk and take out 1mg everyday. Using 350ml would be going slower than using 100ml of milk. It’s very hard for me to figure things out because of the withdrawals associated with the taper. I really need to figure this stuff out because it’s causing me extra stress. My doctor is willing to work with me and let me decide how much to taper. When it comes to micro dosing she is relying on me so I need to make sure I have things figured out correctly. I don’t think a lot of doctors understand the whole micro dosing thing. If I don’t have things figured out correctly please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

I did not use a titration when I tapered. I dry cut diazepam.

However, I've learned a lot about this in the past month. If it were me, I would rather use an RX liquid form of valium.  The RX formulas must adhere to a strict standard of quality.  Personally, I would not want to chance a home made liquid titration formula. 

We will be posting more information very shortly with more detailed information about titration and tapering in general.

pianogirl

Thank you pianogirl, everybody I ask about using liquid Valium versus using the pill recommends the liquid Valium. I need to make sure I’m doing things right. Since I have been taking benzos for 25 years I need to go really slow, since I took a high dose for 25 years.(8mg of klonopin) I also want to go slow to avoid bad withdrawals and PAWS. From what I have read the slower you go the better chance of a more of a good chance of success. My doctor will allow me to use the liquid Valium. It just sooo hard to figure this out while growing through withdrawals. I really need help on this one.

Thanks,

Crazy4nascar

Thank you pianogirl, everybody I ask about using liquid Valium versus using the pill recommends the liquid Valium. I need to make sure I’m doing things right. Since I have been taking benzos for 25 years I need to go really slow, since I took a high dose for 25 years.(8mg of klonopin) I also want to go slow to avoid bad withdrawals and PAWS. From what I have read the slower you go the better chance of a more of a good chance of success. My doctor will allow me to use the liquid Valium. It just sooo hard to figure this out while growing through withdrawals. I really need help on this one.

Thanks,

Crazy4nascar

Hello again,

You have a good doctor,  I'm glad he will allow you the use of liquid valium.  You are doing the right thing in terms of looking for the best plan to follow after long term use.  I think you can rest easy knowing the liquid RX valium will be a formula that gives you the best quality. 

PG  :smitten:

Hello, I have been taking benzos for 25 years. I’m down to 2mg of Valium and I want to micro dose with liquid Valium. How much liquid do I use to mix my liquid Valium in? I want to go very slow since I have been on benzos for so long. I get the whole process except for the amount of liquid I will be mixing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you decided what taper rate and schedule you want to try?

Under 1% per day at least. I’m thinking 1/100 of a milligram per day. Definitely have to go super slow cuz of my high dose and 25 years of use. I took 8mg of klonopin the majority of time.