Remeron Advice

[b1...]

Ramcon1 - That's the problem with this whole thing.  I don't know what is causing what anymore.  I know that last night I took my dose and I don't feel like it need to pace and scream all day like I did yesterday.  Is it psychosomatic?  Who knows?

I'm sorry you are going through this and I didn't mean to be unkind or not compassionate.  Please forgive me... we are all going through hell with these meds.  :'(  I hope we all find peace and healing.  We all need each other even if our reactions to meds and situations are a little different...  :thumbsup::smitten:

Failureisnot,

Yes!  Tobacco can speed glutamate away, but not before delivering a whopping dose of glutamate!  (I am not a doctor, if I were you) I would try a little niacin and niacinamide.  They will reduce glutamate, BUT, they COULD make you feel worse because they increase histamine, so I cannot take them any more, but you might try them as a smoking cessation aid and glutamate  reducers.

The Greek,

Abso-f-ing-lutely.  I did not have anxiety, but I was born with insomnia.  I am 100% convinced that is because I had too many glutamate receptors (also they did not work "properly."  As I mentioned in other posts, fired to easily, let too much current through."

Raquel,

Do not think about it again.  You were not at all unkind.  We are good.

Ramcon1

YPNRYTHIT, AIYGTH, KG! 

In my case I had glimpses of derealization from a kid. Now I feel like a huge pressure and vibration in my head. I feel like if I could rid of that pressure I would be %100. The pressure left me a few years ago and everything went away with it. The rumination, derealization etc. All my problems went away. WhT to do about this head pressure???? It’s the root of all my problems! I can relax my body, my breathing but cannot access that head pressure

Isnt the remeron affecting the gaba receptors if its putting you to sleep? Isnt that what the benzos and other meds do? If not, how does remeron work?

Raquel, have you tried chamomile tea before bed? I had a lot of luck with it and still use it if I have trouble sleeping (lifelong problem with sleep, not benzodiazepine related)

I double bag chamomile tea in a small amount of hot water.

Yes... I actually did that last night. Double bagged the cup.. let it steep for 15 minutes.  Nothing... I could not sleep and the lack of sleep is magnifying my already hellish side effects.  :-[

I’m sorry...I. Remember how beyond frustrating it was not to be able to sleep.  :hug:

For me, Remeron was a lifesaver for that reason.  I was only sleeping 1-2 hours a night during my last taper. Remeron knocked me out.  It took me one week to adapt to 7.5 mg, and another week at 15 so for 2 weeks I was a but "spacy," but that effect only lasted those first 2 weeks.  From day 1, it allowed me to sleep well, and did so for years, and yes because it is an antihistamine I tolerate well.  No direct GABA or glutamate modulation. FYI I do not tolerate most antihistamines.  Benadryl revs me up like crazy.  Always has.  Hydroxyzine gives me diarrhea.  Always has.  But Remeron did the trick.  As I said, I ate like a pig for 6 months and gained 25 lbs, but have since lost the weight.  I wish I had stuck with it in 2000.  I would probably be perfectly healthy now.

Can't undo what has been done.

Good luck,

ramcon1

For me, Remeron was a lifesaver ...

ramcon1

Me too!  ;)

Started Remeron (low dose) last Sunday and I have slept really well all week.  I'm SO much better and actually motivated to do things... like play the guitar, workout, go places.  I am again so thankful to have had this forum to come to when in doubt as it's been invaluable to my successful Clonazepam taper.  Less than four months and I'll be done!! Thank you again builder for your support and help!  Many hugs to you and everyone who has stood in my corner and helped me through this from day one!!!  :thumbsup::smitten:

For me, Remeron was a lifesaver ...

ramcon1

Me too!  ;)

Thank you... you and builders replies were the ones that gave me the courage to go forward with the Remeron last Sunday and it's been a lifesaver so far.  I've slept all week... and feel so much better.  Like day and night.  For me lack of sleep is intolerable and when I don't get enough it pretty much throws me into a black hole.  I've rested all week and am actually getting things done! Thanks you so much!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Raquel,

Glad it worked out.  I tried a few different things recently (trazodone and hyroxyzine) at lower doses than I had before, and all I got was side effects. I boosted my Remeron from 25 to 28 mg, and it helped a lot.

(Note, that is in general more than one would use for sleep, but I have been on it a long time, and am trying to shed 11 mg V)

Glad it helped.  Sleep is really important.  Keep the dose as low as you can as long as you can only because the best sleep is USUALLY at low dose Remeron. 

Ramcon1

Raquel,

Glad it worked out.  I tried a few different things recently (trazodone and hyroxyzine) at lower doses than I had before, and all I got was side effects. I boosted my Remeron from 25 to 28 mg, and it helped a lot.

(Note, that is in general more than one would use for sleep, but I have been on it a long time, and am trying to shed 11 mg V)

Glad it helped.  Sleep is really important.  Keep the dose as low as you can as long as you can only because the best sleep is USUALLY at low dose Remeron. 

Ramcon1

Thank you so much!! I'm proud of you on your Benzo taper!!! Keep in touch or pm me is you need a listening ear or a friend.  :smitten::thumbsup: