Is there anybody who did partial crossover from klonopin to valium?

[Ro...]

I can't help with this but just want to say I was on klon... and following advice from a FB group finally got to all valium. 

I tried to lower valium and felt awful-- terribly depressed and sick and I'd shake and go into withdrawal when I took it.

SO... tried to cross back to klon!  Someone here plotted a dose.

Then I sort of sat half and half...  then the klon, when taken, made me feel really sick!

I think they all suck.

I'm now on valium with a crumb of klonopin and hope to get off the crumb to at least simplify my situation.

But both got paradoxical to me.  But I am being told by many I'm a really bad case as have been on these decades.

Hope you find a way to work things out there!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [be...]

• [Ba...]

• [Mo...]

I can't help with this but just want to say I was on klon... and following advice from a FB group finally got to all valium. 

I tried to lower valium and felt awful-- terribly depressed and sick and I'd shake and go into withdrawal when I took it.

SO... tried to cross back to klon!  Someone here plotted a dose.

Then I sort of sat half and half...  then the klon, when taken, made me feel really sick!

I think they all suck.

I'm now on valium with a crumb of klonopin and hope to get off the crumb to at least simplify my situation.

But both got paradoxical to me.  But I am being told by many I'm a really bad case as have been on these decades.

Hope you find a way to work things out there!

I can’t decrease the klonopin and it’s paradoxical, so I have to figure out something. May be a partial crossover to Valium. I’ve just tried to take 2,5 mg now and it seems to work. I can’t stay like this forever. When did you feel that the Valium is also paradoxical for you. I have too much Klonopon to drop. Have you switched all your Klonopon to Valium and than back?

Thank you:

Enikö

When?  Last Summer I'd take valium and feel dreSOadful.  I even put it in a capsule to be easier on my stomach, which it was making nauseaus in addition to the rest of it.  I was at 3. something mg....  When I got below 3 just wanted to die.  That was the lowest I had gotten but incredible depression.  I uppsed it a bit, that didn't help, so then was going back to klon, which I got halfway there.

The depression did lift along the way.

Hate all these drugs...

When?  Last Summer I'd take valium and feel dreSOadful.  I even put it in a capsule to be easier on my stomach, which it was making nauseaus in addition to the rest of it.  I was at 3. something mg....  When I got below 3 just wanted to die.  That was the lowest I had gotten but incredible depression.  I uppsed it a bit, that didn't help, so then was going back to klon, which I got halfway there.

Hate all these drugs...

These are so small amounts. I’d drop them, or switch them. I think is worse for the CN struggling like  this.

I can't just drop them or would have.

Even trying to forego my crumb of clon left me a mess.  So the crumb is back.  People taper down to .001 of some meds... dropping not advised by most here.

I can't just drop them or would have.

Even trying to forego my crumb of clon left me a mess.  So the crumb is back.  People taper down to .001 of some meds... dropping not advised by most here.

And switch to Valium is no an option?

Hate all these drugs...

These are so small amounts. I’d drop them, or switch them. I think is worse for the CN struggling like  this.

Hi again

I dropped my klonopin at a very low dose at .006 mg. Then my trazodone went south on me so I did a rapid withdrawal by cutting 25% a week. This was a good decision on my part I feel. Please don’t let anybody tell you what to do. It’s your life and your body. We can only tell you what we have experienced. In the case of a drug making you sick, most people would tell you to try and get rid of it ASAP. Good luck in whatever you decide. And you’re right I think. Making your CNS feel so poorly because of a drug you’re on is not so easy. It’s like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Hate all these drugs...

Hi again

I dropped my klonopin at a very low dose at .006 mg. Then my trazodone went south on me so I did a rapid withdrawal by cutting 25% a week. This was a good decision on my part I feel. Please don’t let anybody tell you what to do. It’s your life and your body. We can only tell you what we have experienced. In the case of a drug making you sick, most people would tell you to try and get rid of it ASAP. Good luck in whatever you decide. And you’re right I think. Making your CNS feel so poorly because of a drug you’re on is not so easy. It’s like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Hi!

You are right and I,m sorry for this. Just my dose is so much higher and I don’t know what to do. I have to stabilize somehow. Updose valium or make a partial crossover. I don’t know, but I have to get down. I’ve started take Valium 2 days ago. I don’t know, if let it there as an updose could help if I’m in tolerance withdrawal after the reinstatement or making a partial crossover is better. Nobody can help me and I’m nonfunctional on such a high dose. So sorry again because of my impatient advice.

Thank you

Enikô

Well you been given options. I think it’s time to decide what to do. You don’t want to live like this for a long time l good luck 🍀👍.

Well you been given options. I think it’s time to decide what to do. You don’t want to live like this for a long time l good luck 🍀👍.

I’ve startid the crossover. First 0,25 klonopin to 5 mg diazepam. Than I have to speek with my doc and may be I get more diazepam. So the first step is done...

Enikô

Great. You told me he was willing to do 10 mg, so good luck with that.

May be he will prescribe more, but I’m afraid of the Valium a little bit. 30 mg is not a small amount. Some people here on the BB coludn’t function with this. I,ve never tried, so we wii see this.

Enikô

A bit at a time, from my experience. I was on 70 mg but the cross over too four months. You said klonopin makes you sick so I think this is a good option you should consider.

A bit at a time, from my experience. I was on 70 mg but the cross over too four months. You said klonopin makes you sick so I think this is a good option you should consider.

Time doesn’t matter now. I don’t really care.  I just want to feel stable, functional and get off.

Thanks

Enikö

Hate all these drugs...

Hi again

WOW that is a tiny dose of K... .006!  Wow.

Did you dissolve it in milk or something?  Such a tensy dose ;)  When you stopped it did you feel any different?

No liquid. A dry micro taper using a digital jewelry scale. Not so easy. The dose was the size of the head of a needle. Good for strong klonopin.

No liquid. A dry micro taper using a digital jewelry scale. Not so easy. The dose was the size of the head of a needle. Good for strong klonopin.

When you dropped this 0,006 mg Klonopin, than you started to taper the Valium or this was yor last drop ?

When you dropped this 0,006 mg Klonopin, than you started to taper the Valium or this was yor last drop ?

I quit the klonopin first. After that I held for three months to make sure I didn’t have bad post withdrawal but mainly to quit cigarettes. Then I started my Valium taper. It’s all in my signature, which is why we write them.

I quit the klonopin first. After that I held for three months to make sure I didn’t have bad post withdrawal but mainly to quit cigarettes. Then I started my Valium taper. It’s all in my signature, which is why we write them.

I,ve red your signiture, just I didn’t know, that if you have 70 mg diazepam behind you, than you have to go to such a slow amount of klonopin. I,ve never heard it.

It’s just two benzos, pretty common when one is Valium.....

Than you have to slow down and finish your taper twice. Just an idea: couldn’t you crossover the last small amount of klonopin to Valium and not slow down?

No. Actually my klonopin taper was faster than my Valium taper. If the doses were the same. And I’m benzo free, which is all that matters to me. The last 10 mg of Valium went terribly slow. Likely because I was a high dosage long term user.

No. Actually my klonopin taper was faster than my Valium taper. If the doses were the same. And I’m benzo free, which is all that matters to me. The last 10 mg of Valium went terribly slow. Likely because I was a high dosage long term user.

When you have made a partial crossover to valium the decrease of the klonopin was easier, then before?

I’m sorry but I’m not sure what you are asking me...

Sorry, my english is not the best.

I just wanted to know, that if you make a partial crossover, does the valium help to taper the Klonopin?