Do you think this happened to you for a reason?

[96...]

Agree totally, Marigold.

Humans make everything about THEM.

I find a lot of peace knowing I'm just a small part of something quite large and beautiful.

I actually agree that most things are impersonal, I agree with a lot of what Marigold has said and agree with you here cookienose in what you've said. It's really difficult to explain how I feel that way and also have this faith. It's hard to explain. I don't think I can.

I think when you grow up and have this connection to nature and how it gives and takes it is so clear that nature can be cruel and beautiful at the same time. Like one animal dies or suffers, another one is born. Not one of them seem to wonder why its time to live or to suffer or to die. only humans.

And there is a great love and peace naturally, even while there is killing and dying and giving birth... I cannot explain.. that is why I try to respect anything and mostly everyone in their way of living.. at least I try.. for the big picture so to speak to which I give a little peace with my being.

Sometimes it is really hard for me to write in English, buddies... :-\

I think when you grow up and have this connection to nature and how it gives and takes it is so clear that nature can be cruel and beautiful at the same time. Like one animal dies or suffers, another one is born. Not one of them seem to wonder why its time to live or to suffer or to die. only humans.

And there is a great love and peace naturally, even while there is killing and dying and giving birth... I cannot explain.. that is why I try to respect anything and mostly everyone in their way of living.. at least I try.. for the big picture so to speak to which I give a little peace with my being.

I think you do great Marigold. I love your writing. You are one of those who I am excited to read, and also cookienose. I like seeing what you write each time. 🌿

I think you do great Marigold. I love your writing. You are one of those who I am excited to read, and also cookienose. I like seeing what you write each time. 🌿

Thats nice, thank you :smitten:

Yes, I do think it happened to me for a reason.  The reason was my complete trust in the medical profession to have my best interest at heart.  They didn't.  They don't.  I get pretty angry at myself for not researching Xanax the instant I was prescribed it.  If I had only taken the time to read up on benzos.  If only.  If only.  A person can drive themselves mad with those two words.  If only.

But, no.. I do not believe it was Karma.  If so, then Karma is a Ponzi scheme.  I've noticed that horrible things happen to the nicest of people while total jerks go about their life hurting others and seem to breeze thru life.  If the come-up-pence only happens in the next life, then umm...  that sux large hairy things, doesn't it?

I prefer to beat myself up about that extra piece of candy I just ate.  Dangit!  What diet?  :)

The main positive thing out of this whole mess is that my compassion for others suffering in life has increased infinitely.  I'll take that.  But, please... Karma.. the universe... or whatever... enough school for one day.

Love to all ya'll,

Grannie Libble

I would rather believe that I was being punished then that this was just random. I need a meaning behind this. This amount of pain isn't like other pain. And the world's indifference to it for so long seems to me not explicable. I don't believe the world is this insane. I have no idea why the rest of you are suffering, I wouldn't dare to presume, but I know that somehow this is my fault, and I deserve it. And then sometimes I feel exactly the opposite. 

I would rather believe that I was being punished then that this was just random. I need a meaning behind this. This amount of pain isn't like other pain. And the world's indifference to it for so long seems to me not explicable. I don't believe the world is this insane. I have no idea why the rest of you are suffering, I wouldn't dare to presume, but I know that somehow this is my fault, and I deserve it. And then sometimes I feel exactly the opposite.

Well I do not deserve it. And I think if you would study a little bit and have a look on history, you would clearly see that people are this insane. All the wars. The pain. The suffer. From the moment humans were in this planet they were insane.

If you need the meaning behind it that it is all your fault and it helps you to survive, even if this sounds sadistic to me, well I will not take that away from you.