Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

-

[8a...]

Edit: Really appreciate all the help, but I discovered that reading this forum and discovering things on my own helps me so much more than posting here. So this will be my last post, not that anybody would care  :P. At this moment in time I really don't want to leave any traces of myself, it's an OCD thing from my withdrawal, so I deleted my posts. Last thing I wanted to say is that it's  because of this forum I will be healthy again soon. I'm eternally grateful for that. Thank you.

Hello Tman.

Would your pdoc be willing to write a prescription for a manufactured/tested/approved oral solution of diazepam?  If so, that’s what I would use.

Hello back, Tman!

That’s wonderful news that you have a helpful physician. 

Here in the US, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for regulating drugs.  They maintain several online databases that can be searched to find out what drugs are available in what strengths and formats.  In Canada, the agency is named Health Canada.

Does The Netherlands have a similar agency?  If so, you could look there for a similar database.  Search first for “diazepam” then look for the word “solution.”  The lower the concentration the better.  For example, here in the US diazepam is available as a 5mg/5mL (i.e. 1mg/1mL) oral solution.

PS If you do find a drug database for your country, please share the name and the URL with us.

Does your country have compounding/speciality pharmacies or companies that specialize in the design/manufacture of liquid medicines (liquids are often used with young children and older adults)?

Actually, its all amazingly simple.

If you can stir sweetener and cream into your morning, you can liquify/dilute your benzo.

And if you can read a ruler, you can read a syringe.

Will the benzo completely dissolve? Will it be equally dissolved?

Absolutely!

And every milliter of your liquid will contain exactly the same amount of benzo.

The commonly used solvents are alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.  These  are the same solvents used by pharma mfgrs for liquid benzos, and thousands of other liquid meds.  Diazepam is also soluble in fatty emulsions, like milk.

Benzos are NOT water-soluble, but once dissolved with above mentioned solvents, can be diluted with water.