Can benzos cause cancer?

[Be...]

Are these new benzos coming out, Lapis? I'm confused.

Hi Terry,

I'm not actually sure! I'm hoping someone else can drop in and explain. Bear in mind that the study uses a "mice model", so it's not about human beings at this stage. But seeing "anticancer", "antitumor", and "antiproliferative activity against a panel of cancer cell lines" in a paragraph about benzodiazepine-based "structurally-related tubulin polymerization inhibitors" seems like a positive thing.  :) 

And we could certainly use a bit of positivity at this point.

This abstract just came out, so I didn't do any special digging to find it. It was just among the most recent studies. Maybe it presented itself at this point for a reason.....

;) ;) ;)

Thank you, Lapis! I'll be interested in finding out.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Da...]

• [Co...]

• [Te...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxol, and old anti-tubulin (anti-microtubule) agent has been used to treat cancer for a while:

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Taxol.aspx

Taxol sounds familiar...may have been one of the drugs I was administered during my treatment. Thank youMaugham for clarifying...you certainly know your subject. How long have you been studying your area of interest? I don't know if you said it or not, but I'm guessing you are involved somehow in making a living from your background.

I was looking/skimming over several abstracts on this "new" cancer fighting drug Lapis gave a link to and was overwhelmed by the tedious detailing involved in DNA research. If I can ask, you need not give a response back, have/are you at all involved in dealing with such data? If so, it must be very interesting.

BlueRose, I’m thinking of you. I’ll PM or post to you as soon as I can. Yes, I’m sad all the time about the earth... and humanity. It’s sort of persistent, probably most people feel this way. Trying to let go, trust, accept and be thankful when I am capable of those things.

You come across like a clear bell, and sometimes I’m stunned or startled by it. Of course, it’s a good thing.

BlueRose, I’m thinking of you. I’ll PM or post to you as soon as I can. Yes, I’m sad all the time about the earth... and humanity. It’s sort of persistent, probably most people feel this way. Trying to let go, trust, accept and be thankful when I am capable of those things.

You come across like a clear bell, and sometimes I’m stunned or startled by it. Of course, it’s a good thing.

Thank you mon pilote. You are very sweet.

I am a bell with a long crack running down it…like the Liberty Bell. And more imperfections are beginning to manifest the further out I get from the benzo damage to my brain. This might be good this might be bad…but one thing is for certain this bell is ringing dinging louder all the time as my personality starts to creep out from the benzo onslaught. I’m trying to hold it back some, but the feeling of my “return” is so liberating. I will keep working at controlling my ever onward newly "arrived" freedom. ;D

Yes, a lot of people today, more than ever since the early 1980's, are either very concerned or becoming concerned by the rapidly changing landscape of world events. It is good to be aware I think...some may choose to turn a blind eye to things happening. We all have the right to choose what we want to believe and accept in life. There is no doubting though that things are escalating at an unprecedented rate...not just in one place but multiple places.

Through Sci Hub, I was able to access the full study here:

https://sci-hub.tw/https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31499359 

Perhaps those who have knowledge in this area can weigh in with further info and explanations. I certainly can't, but I appreciate others' input. As a layperson, I'd be very interested to understand the connection between this "anticancer" and "antitumor" activity and benzodiazepines. I've been loosely following this thread, but without having anything knowledgeable or useful to add, I haven't jumped in.

• 7 months later...
Fellow cancer survivor here. I certainly hope they don't cause cancer... I've been cancer-free for 5 years.  :thumbsup:

Oh ya?  You read that somewhere?  Well I read somewhere that people who post, ridiculous, fear mongering, health anxiety provoking posts often causes others a racing heart, head pressure and a belly ache. 

Be careful where you breathe today.  I read that this too can cause cancer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fellow cancer survivor here. I certainly hope they don't cause cancer... I've been cancer-free for 5 years.  :thumbsup:

Much respect. I salute you for being a fighter so brave. Stay healthy and stay blessed.  :smitten:

I am aware of them causing some types of breast cancer.  Your goal is to get off. Let this be a reason, not a distraction.  Much love.

I am aware of them causing some types of breast cancer.  Your goal is to get off. Let this be a reason, not a distraction.  Much love.

Hi,

Do you have studies or anything that can back that up? I read lots of abstracts and studies, and I haven't come across that particular type of information thus far. I would be very interested to see how the study was conducted and how the conclusions were drawn. Thanks very much!

Hi,

Do you have studies or anything that can back that up? I read lots of abstracts and studies, and I haven't come across that particular type of information thus far. I would be very interested to see how the study was conducted and how the conclusions were drawn. Thanks very much!

This article I found informative on the subject of cancer. I'm sure there are articles on benzodiazepines...personally I lump the two classes of drugs together. Z-drugs and benzos.

Hypnotic drug risks of mortality, infection, depression, and cancer: but lack of benefit