Anyone tried Lamictal?

[Li...]

Update.

My last day on 25 mg L. 50 mg tomorrow. It is probably a coincidence, but I've had a wonderful window for the last two days. Enjoying life to the fullest. Still tapering my benzo. Down to 4,8 mg (2,4 mg V).

Three terrible, terrible days. On 37,5 mg L, slowing down the titration because of nausea. Benzo down to 3,2 mg (1,6 mg V). Just wanted to disappear today but am slowly feeling a bit better. Just exhausted. Have been trying to do everything right for almost 15 months to beat this anxiety and depression. So far not working.

I am generally the happiest person around and never suffered a day of depression until I took lamitcal. Different strokes I guess.

Let's hope so!

Lamictal up to 50 mg. Nausea. Coping.

Still suffering from the wave that hit me four days ago. Slowing down my taper a bit. Should be done on October 14th, making the taper from 30 mg of oxazepam (15 mg V) 100 days long. Scared of what will happen once I'm off but can't wait to drink my last drop of this poison.

Hi Lilly,

I also did not feel good while I was titrating up to a therapeutic dose of Lamictal.  At one point I was so frustrated I stopped taking it when my stomach was so upset.  Then I went to my pcp and she made suggestions for a very bland easy to digest temporary diet.  I remember I cut my dose back down in half for a while.  Only once I started feeling better did I continue to go up.  For me I still felt bad at the lower doses, but almost overnight at 200mg. my depression/anxiety lifted.  I believe it's worth giving it a try.  It does require a lot of patience though.

Sending you best wishes,

Luey

I'm 18 months off and my depression/mood/anxiety is as bad as ever. I'm not improving despite making life changes that I thought would help. I just spoke with another member who said Lamictal helped her and she feels good again. However, it looks as though it works on gaba much like benzos. I don't know what to do. I'm fed up and feel like I'm about to give up.

Hi Lilly,

I also did not feel good while I was titrating up to a therapeutic dose of Lamictal.  At one point I was so frustrated I stopped taking it when my stomach was so upset.  Then I went to my pcp and she made suggestions for a very bland easy to digest temporary diet.  I remember I cut my dose back down in half for a while.  Only once I started feeling better did I continue to go up.  For me I still felt bad at the lower doses, but almost overnight at 200mg. my depression/anxiety lifted.  I believe it's worth giving it a try.  It does require a lot of patience though.

Sending you best wishes,

Luey

Thanks once again Luey for the encouragement. I'm in a rough spot right now but keep titrating the Lamictal. Not giving up. How have you been during your taper? Any anxiety or depression?

Best wishes.

I'm 18 months off and my depression/mood/anxiety is as bad as ever. I'm not improving despite making life changes that I thought would help. I just spoke with another member who said Lamictal helped her and she feels good again. However, it looks as though it works on gaba much like benzos. I don't know what to do. I'm fed up and feel like I'm about to give up.

I don't think that Lamictal messes with GABA, but you should ask a professional.

Good luck - hope you will feel better soon.

Ajusta, I don't know anything about Lamictal relaxing muscles.  It's not something I have experienced but I also haven't had muscular problems like some people describe when tapering. 

Hi Boomboxboy, So sorry to hear about your depression and anxiety.  I know how terrible it can be.  I titrated up to 200mg of Lamictal and by Dec. 2018 my depression/anxiety symptoms subsided. I guess it's not fully understood how Lamictal works for depression, but I've read it has to do with the reduction of glutamate in the brain.

Lilly, Depression and Anxiety have not been issues for me while tapering.  My main symptoms have been some days of 0 energy and nausea.  Both of these have gotten a lot better since I slowed down considerably and started DLMT.

Only each of us knows how badly we feel.  I was desperate for relief from reoccurring severe episodes of depression/anxiety which led me to try Lamictal.  Thankfully it worked.

Now to get off the high dose of Ativan I was prescribed for five months. I'm making slow and steady progress.

Best wishes to all,

Luey

p.s. If you ever want to find me, I'm mainly on the Ativan Support Group.

Realized that the wave hit me the morning after increasing Lamictal to 50 mg. After consulting my doctor I'm going back on 25 mg. Hope it will help.

That sounds like a good decision Lilly.  I did the same thing and it worked for me.  Keep taking good care of yourself and listening to your body.  I hope you start to feel better soon.  Luey

I loved Lamictal until my neurologist added Depakote to my regimen. I had to switch to Serequel and have been on it for 8 years. I loved Lamictal but Serequel seems to be doing me well.