is it still a "cold turkey" if you 'jump off' at either .25 or.125 Clonopin?

[da...]

I did cold turkey in a rehab center from .25 mg of clonazepam twice a day. I had just signed up on BB on a Thursday or Friday and was in rehab on that Monday. They snatched the clonazepam as soon as I walked through the door and I have never taken one since. It was rough especially the first 6 months. I am doing much better now but if I had to do it over, I would have kept my $23,000 cash and did a slow taper.

I was afraid to do it at home and my mind was in a bad place because I had tried to taper by cutting 50% before I signed on to BB. By the time I joined BB my brain was not functioning enough to understand anything I was reading. I don't know how I got on the plane and made it to Ohio. It was rough flying back home after it was over too.

I swear I do not remember any of the CBT or other classes we had during that period. The only thing good about the place was that I was treated like a queen, met some wonderful people and did not have a seizure. They knew nothing about benzo withdrawals, but they did the best they knew how. At least i was shown a lot of love while I was there.

Do what is best for you and take care of yourself.

Blessings

PG

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently at .25 clonopin and doing reasonably well. If I stop now is that 'cold turkey'? If I go down to .125 for 1-2 weeks and then stop, is that cold turkey? or does the cold turkey thing mostly apply to higher doses? Thanks for feedback...

Did you do that cold turkey?

I been off valium cold turkey and my worst side effect is no sleep.

Last night I took  0.5 mg clonazepam to get some rest. I only have 2 mg tablets and cutting them smaller just seems impossible.

It is going to depend on you.

I quit 8 mg a day clonazepam in 6 weeks.

So it can be done.

Off over 1.5 years ago.

Feel fine.

Did you do that cold turkey?

I been off valium cold turkey and my worst side effect is no sleep.

Last night I took  0.5 mg clonazepam to get some rest. I only have 2 mg tablets and cutting them smaller just seems impossible.

It is going to depend on you.

I quit 8 mg a day clonazepam in 6 weeks.

So it can be done.

Off over 1.5 years ago.

Feel fine.

Is this question directed to me?

If so, yes I did it cold turkey.

It's almost two years ago. :-)