When did your mornings get better?

[ge...]

I’m closing in on 6 months off and my mornings are still a sh@# show. Depression, dizziness, vision, head and ear pressure through the roof, cognitive ability in the toilet. I know a lot of people are in the same situation. How long into it did your mornings get better. Not even 100%, but just to a point where you could do your regular routine again.

Thank you.

Jim

Nowhere near 100%. But I think improved some 7-8 months in. I use to wake up, get my kids up, then have to lie back down in the couch, now I can at least hang out at the counter with family.

My mornings are still very difficult. As soon as I wake up, I dread what will come from either awful physical symptoms, mental symptoms, or both. Sometimes it burns off by noon and sometimes it doesn't. I wish someone could explain why mornings are so bad. Especially when I started getting a little more sleep I thought it would help morning symptoms get better but it hasn't. Sometimes it's even worse. I look forward to what others might have to say.

Mornings are still not my friend, but Ive found if I get up and get moving it helps to speed the process along. If I stay in bed too long it seems as if it takes longer to get out of my funk. Easier said than done though.

I am 16 months out and the majority of the mornings are still no good....exhausted by now....usually it goes away by 12 am - 1 pm..but not always..I really cannot answer the question when will this be better..I am waiting for that miracle too..

Same @ 4 months out. Toxic night + morning. I try to get myse,f out of bed and head immediately to the tv and start crochet. That seems to help, but not much improvement. It's scary that it doesn't get better even after a year...

It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. Lately it “burns off” (great way to put it Warrior24) around 12-1 most days. It’s like I’m 2 different people. I’m not 100% or anything when it clears up, I just don’t have that absolute feeling of non-stop dread that I have in the mornings. If that would go away this would be so much easier to cope with.

Good luck and healing to you all. Thanks for your responses.

It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. Lately it “burns off” (great way to put it Warrior24) around 12-1 most days. It’s like I’m 2 different people. I’m not 100% or anything when it clears up, I just don’t have that absolute feeling of non-stop dread that I have in the mornings. If that would go away this would be so much easier to cope with.

Good luck and healing to you all. Thanks for your responses.

This is exactly how I've been feeling... like two different people. Morning dread and anxiety, then better as the day progresses.

So many of the comments in this thread speak to me. I'm 20 months out and still need at least an hour to come to life, sometimes longer. It is getting better but very slowly.

Hi gang,

I’m four months off my taper and still experience high anxiety, dread, intrusive thoughts in the mornings during 4-5 days a week. By 4-6 pm, I am a completely different person. Im confident, relaxed and actually positive about life. I journal in both states and its amazing how the same brain can be so impared for half my waking hours. I have difficulty sleeping too. I have noticed that my recall is so much better than it was. I was on 1 mg of Clonazepam for 10 years or so.

My symptoms now include tinnitus ,ear pressure, lessened ability to handle stress too.

I worry that my anxiety spells are getting Uglier than ever. Its like being bipolar for half a day.

Is this part of the protracted withdrawals process? Anyone out there with similar symptoms willing to talk about them? or provide some advice.

.>Hi gang,

I’m four months off my taper and still experience high anxiety, dread, intrusive thoughts in the mornings during 4-5 days a week. By 4-6 pm, I am a completely different person. Im confident, relaxed and actually positive about life. I journal in both states and its amazing how the same brain can be so impared for half my waking hours. I have difficulty sleeping too. I have noticed that my recall is so much better than it was. I was on 1 mg of Clonazepam for 10 years or so.

My symptoms now include tinnitus ,ear pressure, lessened ability to handle stress too.

I worry that my anxiety spells are getting Uglier than ever. Its like being bipolar for half a day.

Is this part of the protracted withdrawals process? Anyone out there with similar symptoms willing to talk about them? or provide some advice.<<

JC7303, I talked with a friend of mine who went through this a year ago. She had exactly the same thing. Her mother even said she thought she was bipolar. She healed up within a year, so there is hope.

I am totally on the same page as you. Mine has been clearing up between 12-2 most days. I just want it to go away for good. This would be so much easier to get through without that.

I'm 6 months off and still sleep only 4 hours a night and wake up with high level pain in my back, butt, abdomen, intestines and thighs. The last 3 weeks I've been able to eat something and can go back to sleep for an hour or so. Sometimes I can do this a second time.

I'm still a zombie until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. If I need to do anything other than sit at the computer or read, panic grips me. I was in a wave the first 5.5 months after quitting and the window I'm in right now isn't that much better. I'm wondering if there's something more going on with me than benzo withdrawal. 

well i got the toxic mornings since i got into my seroquel taper..didn't used to have them but oh well. got em now. the thing that fixes it is sunlight for me, and for some reason heat, where i begin to feel the sunlight really penetrate my skin and especially when i sweat in the sun. exercise and stuff does too, but sunlight...something specific that the sun provides is helping me tremendously!

maybe there's spomething to the fact the American Cancer Society tells everyone not to get sun exposure and all womens foundation has spf very high if it is pale to medium colors titanium adioxide and zinc oxide. they dont want us getting the sunlight. i dont have stats but i dont think there was nearly as much skin cancer from sun exposure before 1940's and 50s when sunscreen came out en mass. my ancestors worked the fields without sunscreen fro age 4 to 99 and no skin cancer cases. after the 50's it all changed. also i notic emy eyes are acclimating to sunlight without sunglasses! maybe this goes under alternative therapies? anyways hope it helped.

I’m closing in on 6 months off and my mornings are still a sh@# show. Depression, dizziness, vision, head and ear pressure through the roof, cognitive ability in the toilet. I know a lot of people are in the same situation. How long into it did your mornings get better. Not even 100%, but just to a point where you could do your regular routine again.

Thank you.

Jim

Hi

I’m the same at 4 months out, I don’t have the head pressure but do have nausea which is horrible, I’ve been feeling more depressed lately too it’s crushing as I’m normally very positive, going by threads I have read this morning horror show does get better over time. I go for a 30 minute walk every morning no matter how bad I feel even dizzy, blurry vision, spaced out I still go, I think it helps a bit even just knowing that I’ve tried.

Let’s hope we all see some improvement with mornings soon so we can get on with taking this crap journey on and getting to the other side!

PO

I’m 28 months off. I still have them once or twice a week but not as bad. The after affects use to last most of the day but now I’m over them by noon. A long walk or other form of exercise helps immensely.

Two months off. Don't get more than 3-4 hours of shitty sleep, so I get up with anxiety and a really foggy brain. Exercise helps, but I'm so exhausted it is hard to keep it up.

PM sent.

.>Hi gang,

Is this part of the protracted withdrawals process? Anyone out there with similar symptoms willing to talk about them? or provide some advice.<<

JC7303, I talked with a friend of mine who went through this a year ago. She had exactly the same thing. Her mother even said she thought she was bipolar. She healed up within a year, so there is hope.

I am totally on the same page as you. Mine has been clearing up between 12-2 most days. I just want it to go away for good. This would be so much easier to get through without that.

Everyone relates! Still the worst time of day by far, but I find forcing myself to do what I’m dreading, one small task at a time, gets the ball rolling. Lying in bed make it all worse.

Everyone relates! Still the worst time of day by far, but I find forcing myself to do what I’m dreading, one small task at a time, gets the ball rolling. Lying in bed make it all worse.

You said it. If I lay in bed I just dwell on things and that just spirals out of control. Much better to keep busy!

I was reading this thinking back to all the posts on the 'dreaded morning' subject.  So many threads on this problem.  The theory is that it is cortisol surging causing the many sxs.  I think at month 5 this improved...meaning, it only lasted an hour or so.  I set aside this time in the a.m. to be completely  non-functional.  What a way to face the new day!  At month 8, it is so much better.  I don't dare lay in bed because cortisol surges even more.  No more nausea, head pressure or vertigo upon waking.  Not for the past month anyway.  Still have plenty of sxs popping in and out but a.m.'s improved. 

Jim, I could have written this myself and im still tapering.

I absolutely dread the mornings and i know my issues are because prior to tollerance id have panic in the mornings! So unfortunately I feel im still comparing. Its just awful! I guess all we can do is stick it out.

I was reading this thinking back to all the posts on the 'dreaded morning' subject.  So many threads on this problem.  The theory is that it is cortisol surging causing the many sxs.  I think at month 5 this improved...meaning, it only lasted an hour or so.  I set aside this time in the a.m. to be completely  non-functional.  What a way to face the new day!  At month 8, it is so much better.  I don't dare lay in bed because cortisol surges even more.  No more nausea, head pressure or vertigo upon waking.  Not for the past month anyway.  Still have plenty of sxs popping in and out but a.m.'s improved. 

I have read this too, that it has too do with Cortisol being highest in the mornings and exacerbating all symptoms.

This seems to be VERY common.  I’m still tapering, but this happens every day for me, anxiety and depression, feeling of dread for awhile after waking up.  Like others, it “burns off” around noon.  Waves make it stronger and last into the afternoon, still there but not as strong in windows.

It seems like more than just cortisol to me, although it’s probably part of it.  Seems like it’s got to involve levels of the neurotransmitters in your body during the day or something.  Anyway very common

• 1 month later...
With this poison don't expect to much,,,,,,,,,,,im 27months out and the mornings have gone from so bad then better  and back to bad ,,,,this  journey is so unpredictable one never knows ,,,,,,even the sleep, i went through days of no sleep and then i couldn't get enough and so goes the horror show,,,,,,,,,,,i hope the dumb ass that created this poison rots in hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck to all,,,,,

Mornings are awful because, with most of us, our cortisol is highest in the morning.  It’s the natural cortisol cycle in all animals.  You can validate this theory by acknowledging that you feel better in the evening.  The sundowners have a flipped cortisol cycle and they feel worse in the evening.  The majority of us, however, feel lousier in the morning. 

Cortisol cycle.  That’s it.

My opinion.

Sofa