My reaction to an opiod withdrawal video

[Fl...]

I'm not going to argue that I would rather die than to suffer years worth of painful and debilitating health issues, but I would gladly trade years off my life if I were able to go back in time and prevent this experience. Luckily I am at a point now where life is "livable" but for at least the first few years my quality of life was less than zero.

Who cares how “dangerous” they are or how many people die from them? The point is that they cause tremendous suffering on par with / greater than opioids without the same recognition or awareness. Nightmarish. Sometimes I’m in absolute shock that the thing that’s f’ing up my life is some weird invisible affliction that’s not recognized by the medical community as a thing and the public doesn’t really know about it. I’d almost rather have a “real” disease so I could get disability, help, understanding, etc. As if the brutality wasn’t enough. So yea, like FG said, “where’s our TED talk”?!?!

I completely agree.

I'm not going to argue that I would rather die than to suffer years worth of painful and debilitating health issues, but I would gladly trade years off my life if I were able to go back in time and prevent this experience. Luckily I am at a point now where life is "livable" but for at least the first few years my quality of life was less than zero.

Agree 100%

I personally wish I was on opiates than benzos. You have a couple weeks of hell and then you’re fine. Too many people on benzos are deathly sick for years. My taper took nearly six years. Ruined years.

I personally wish I was on opiates than benzos. You have a couple weeks of hell and then you’re fine. Too many people on benzos are deathly sick for years. My taper took nearly six years. Ruined years.

Oh..!!??

I dont think I got that memo...

I guess like everything, there are those that have more trouble than others... But 15 months and getting worse was not much fun...

But then, like Benzo protracted, It wasnt really the actual medication WD, more the damage they did..

:(

I have been through both opiod withdrawal and benzo withdrawal, opiod withdrawal is hell, but in comparison to my latest cold turkey withdrawal from benzos it was like a walk in the park on a fine day.

I agree, benzo withdrawal deserves a Ted Talk!