Can you tell your story with benzo belly or abdominal issues?

[ca...]

Gas, bloating and constipation for over a year.

It has gotten better, but it hasn’t resolved.

I take a probiotic and psyllium everyday.

Gas, bloating and constipation for over a year.

It has gotten better, but it hasn’t resolved.

I take a probiotic and psyllium everyday.

When did you finish? Did you have any issues during your withdrawal?

Gas. Lots and lots of gas. Apparently there are GABA receptors in your digestive system. Tried digestive enzymes, but all they did was cause me muscle pain. OD'd on probiotics, even going so far as to put a capsule up my rear. Really bad after eating anything with sugar in it, including dried fruit. Thought it might be yeast (candida), but not the case. Just have to wait it out, I guess. I'm going to get some beano, and see if that helps, but not holding my breath.

Don't have any issues with beans, though. Or any other food. Just sucrose and fructose. But no candida. Weird.

Gas, burping and so much more burping.  Upset stomach and diarrhea, nausea and sometimes vomiting.  Had some terrible pains a year ago, during my taper, took me a while to start eliminating things from my diet.  Coffee was a big culprit and I go back and forth with it, where during a window I can drink it no problem but then a wave starts, and just forget it.  Sugar is like that too.  Carbs are hit or miss.  I seem to be okay with carbs but during a wave they can bother me too as can too much fat also. 

It's not constant and sometimes I eat healthy and eat what I think should not upset anything, and I still get a stomach ache.  Many times that is resolved with diarrhea or a bm, but other times it is just gas. 

My symptoms started while tapering then took antibiotic, doctor thought I had an intestinal infection and these really messed me up, gave me gas, bloating, nausea and the worst constipation ever, that I’m still suffering from. I still get bloating and gas if I eat a lot. No matter what I eat I don’t gain any of the fifteen pounds I lost.

We are healing.

Nineteen months out from Xanax, and most of my symptoms have resolved or are diminished. The digestion issues have improved the least. Like others, lots of gas, sometimes cramping and bloating. Sometimes loose stools, other times constipation. My stomach is sometimes so noisy, my wife has joked many times that it's like a creature is living in there. I am currently using probiotics.  At this point I don't know if they are helping. I have also tried proteolytic enzymes. Those perhaps helped a bit. Mostly I have learned to avoid foods I know cause problems for me: sugars and starches primarily. One complicating factor for me is a lifelong issue with anxiety (the reason I went on Xanax in the first place). Anxiety has been roiling my gut for years, but it certainly got worse with Benzos.

gas, burping, swelling, blood in bowels, weird stools, acute pains, nausea, vomitting, locked muscles with bowels turning to liquid., consitpations diarrhea, the whole lot. All pretty much gone around 15-19 months. Now just stools a tiny bit weird sometimes like too dry or too wet but normal.

• 2 years later...
Gas, pain under the ribs that radiates to the back, feels like I've got knives in my top stomach, indigestion that triggers good ole vagus nerve to freak out and then the good ole panic attack that follows

Benzo belly is so annoying. I still have some of the bloating and gas at almost 3 years out and it truly feels like it will never go away. I'm not sure if it's considered benzo belly or separate symptoms, but the random waves of nausea / diarrhea are a whole other nightmare to deal with too. I finally found a probiotic supplement that has made a good 80% of the benzo belly symptoms go away, but the bloating is extremely persistent.

Gas, pain under the ribs that radiates to the back, feels like I've got knives in my top stomach, indigestion that triggers good ole vagus nerve to freak out and then the good ole panic attack that follows

Have you been checked at the doctor?  Just asking because I have the exact same symptoms and they're signs of gallbladder issues.  I went to the ER when it got super bad and it turns out my gallbladder is clear and my liver enzymes were normal.  So I guess it's just good old GERD, which is no joke in the pain department.