Looking for good titration taper for low dose Xanax

[...]

Thanks Tropicalsoul. Yes it's been tough but I'm ready to be rid of this drug. I thought I would never be able to stop using it but you just have to make up your mind that you are going to stop letting it rule your life. That is what has kept me on a strict schedule. This site gave me the courage to start this process.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin,

I'm only a month from completing my titration schedule you gave me. Wow there have been a few tough days. Anyway I was wondering if it's ok to use half my 1mg tablet and only mix up 50 mm instead of 100 until I am done. I have so much milk left over I end up pitching every time I mix a dose up. I get 3 days each time. If I try to use it past 3 days it is so bitter I can hardly swallow it. Not sure why it is so bitter. What do you think?

Nuvi

Hi,

The liquid can be kept for a few days, so why not remove the dose you require from the liquid (instead of disposing of the unwanted proportion), and take your next day's dose from the remaining liquid in the cylinder? A large syringe body might make this easier to carry out.

I always make up a  3 day supply but after that the milk tastes so bitter I don't save any more than the 3 day supply so I end up throwing away enough for another 3 days. That is why I thought I could cut the pill in half and only mix 50 instead of 100. I don't know what causes the mixture to become so foul after 3 days but it is. I guess I could start using water.

Well, is so bad to throw away what's left after 3 days?

If you do use half a pill, it will be less accurate. Though I imagine that this decrease in accuracy is unimportant.

If it is the thowing away of benzo that concerns you, use half a pill, in the same amount of liquid (100ml) and drink double the amount of liquid indicated by the schedule.

If it is the throwing away of milk that is the concern, use half a pill, in half the amount of milk (50ml), and drink the same amount liquid indicated by the schedule.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow this thing really hit me hard at the end. When I went from 2ml down to 1 it was like I had stopped cold turkey from the start. I got the nausea, cold chills, fever off and on, soreness in every joint in my body, and the dreaded insomnia. I think I've had 5 hrs. sleep in the last 3 days. I thought about going back to 4ml but then figured I would have suffered for nothing. This is not fun!!! I am supposed to be benzo free in a few days but I think I may stay on 1 for a while. what do you think Colin?

HI Nuvi, I'm sure Colin will reply, but just want to say it's fine to hold for awhile. There is just no sense in continuing a taper when you get wacked like this. Hold for a bit. That said, there is such a thing as holding too long. Sometimes you just need to carry on.

But if possible, it's best to hold til you stabilize a bit. You may not feel perfect, but you want to feel tolerable.  :)

Hi Nuvi,

A schedule should be treated as a battle plan - battle plans are always liable to change with the reality on the ground. It is fine to stick at this dose for a while. You probably have been tapering faster than you could stand, so allow your system to catch up.

• 3 weeks later...