Looking for good titration taper for low dose Xanax

[...]

Nuvi,

You will be able to slow down or speed your taper depending how you feel. Don't worry. You are on the way to liberate yourself from the grips of the drug. Look forward to that Nuvi.  :thumbsup:

Most of us are really anxious before starting the taper (I sure was a wreck; after 14 years on klonopin I didn't know what to expect).  After I started mine I felt so good knowing that  I was, finally, doing the only right thing when it comes to benzos: getting off of them.

You will be fine. We are in this together, so please come and share whatever you wish and ask for any help and support.

Take care!  :smitten:

tanya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the support. I am ready to conquer this demon. They should take these drugs off the market. I thought that icon was someone sweating. Now I see it is crying. Lets do this thing. :D

I thought that icon was someone sweating. Now I see it is crying.

LOL!!! Well, I'm glad about that Nuvi, I didn't want you to cry! :2funny:

guess that means my 3 cups of coffee in the am will be history

YOu might want to taper that too. Going cold turkey on coffee can be pretty rough! Maybe go to 2 for awhile, then one. And try to drink it early. Definitely before lunch.

I"ve cold turkeyed off of 1 cup a day, and had some pretty bad headaches.

Hi Nuvi,

Sorry for the delay. I've been snowed under and the for all of yesterday I had connection problems. I will post up your titration schedule later today with tomorrow as your start date. ;)

Hi Nuvi,

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/bbo-nuvi-2008-01-12.html

You will prepare 100ml of liquid at a time, with one whole 1mg tablet. Drink amount indicated in the 'ml' column. Your liquid should last you two days at first, and three later, but just take the amount indicated. When you dose drops lower, and your liquid is capable of stretching further, I would not use it after three days. Just make up fresh batch.

Also, you can spread your 49ml (or whatever amount you should be taking for the day) into several doses over the day.

I will pop in tomorrow in case you have any problems. Sorry for the lateness of this, I had a number of technical problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to hear Nuvi. Do let me know of your taper rate needs adjusting - I can always post an adjusted plan. However, unless things do take a definite downturn, it is best to stick with the schedule. Some ups and downs are to be expected, no matter the taper rate. ;)

so far so good except for some sleepless nights the last few.

Hi Nuvi!

Good to hear from you. The sleepless thing will pass. I found that the lower I got, the better I slept. Lately, now that I am almost done, my sleep has taken a bit of a downturn, but I know this too shall pass!  ;)

Thanks Colin. I know it will get tougher but I'm in this to finish.

Not necessarily. Very many people report feeling a lot better long before they finish their taper. A slightly tougher patch with your withdrawal does not mean that the rest of the withdrawal will be tougher too. Most people find they hit tougher patches, but then find it ease again. Don't worry about it. If things should become worse, we can adjust your taper plan to suit. Small blips should be ignored though - well, the best you can.

Thanks for your support. I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst just in case. I figured the sleep problem would hit early on as I have always had a tough time falling asleep. Eljay I hope you are right. I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...
Wow it's been 4 months tapering off this drug. Just over a month to go and I'm done. It has gotten tougher toward the end though. Ringing ears, loud noises are painful, don't sleep through the nights, Concentration is bad or brain fog, stomach bloating. I didn't know that was a side effect from stopping this drug.  But it is all worth it to get away from this drug. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Colin for the titration schedule you worked out for me.

Hi Nuvi,

Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update. What are you down to now? Have you had to hold some days when things were a little rough? Hope you're doing okay otherwise. Take care!

T2 :smitten:

10 ml tonight. So far I have been able to stay on the schedule without holding. Trying to tough it out. It was much easier the first couple months.

Wow it's been 4 months tapering off this drug. Just over a month to go and I'm done. It has gotten tougher toward the end though. Ringing ears, loud noises are painful, don't sleep through the nights, Concentration is bad or brain fog, stomach bloating. I didn't know that was a side effect from stopping this drug.  But it is all worth it to get away from this drug. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Colin for the titration schedule you worked out for me.

Nuvi, you have done so well!  I'm proud of you! :thumbsup:  Thanks for stopping by, I know you have endured a great deal of pain and misery but you are almost to the end.  You said in the beginning that you were in it regardless of how bad it got and you were true to your word.  Staying on schedule must have been really hard at times, you should be very proud of yourself! :yippee:

Hi Nuvi,

That's great, you're almost there!  :yippee: You don't need to push yourself if you are feeling bad. You can alway hold your cut for a few days until you're feeling better. Please stop by more often to let us know how you are doing, okay?

Take care!

T2 :smitten: