35 months off almost 100%, very close

[ar...]

I've been away from BB for a long time.  I thought of BB today and needed to update my fellow warriors.

I'm so very close to 100%.  I have very minor symptoms that don't even phase me at all.  I think after being through hell at the very beginning, this minor stuff is a walk in the park.

I just got back from a bike trip, kayak fun, fishing and ha going with friends and family.

Your life will come back.  You'll be able to hang with your friends and family again.  You'll be able to handle large crowds, heat, normal stress, exercise, loud noises, bright lights, long hot showers, scary movies, roller coasters, etc...

It all comes back.  Since we're all different it means healing time will be different.  TIME and self care will heal you.  I stayed away from alcohol, benzos (of course), caffiene and other drugs that affect gaba.  You'll be OK.  The hell is the healing process. 

I'll be back to write a success story when I am 100%.  I promised myself that.  Hang in there and trust the healing process.

That's good to hear. I'm 14.5 months off now and struggling very badly. No ability to cope with stress. Feel crazy day to day.

What were your mental symptoms like and how did they progress?

That's good to hear. I'm 14.5 months off now and struggling very badly. No ability to cope with stress. Feel crazy day to day.

What were your mental symptoms like and how did they progress?

During the taper and first year I felt "raw".  Meaning I felt stress more.  As time went on my CNS "hardened" to the point that I can handle stress now.  It just takes time.  Even when I am in a stressful situation I don't have symptoms.  I just feel the normal anxiety I had before the benzo mess.  The normal anxiety is so easy compared to withdrawal anxiety. 

You'll come our of this better than you were before.  Suffering does that.

Congratulations! You are a great example and inspiration for me! God bless you!

Baz,

You'll heal.  I just don't know how long it will take because everyone is different but I can guarantee your body is working hard to fix itself.  You'll make it, I promise.

Arcade, this is inspiring news! I am happy to know you are feeling well. Your posts have been helpful to me in the past and this one made my day!

It takes much longer than we expected...what a journey! Best to you...let us know how you are doing.

Warmly

Carita

Congratulations on almost reaching 100%. How long did it take for your sleep to return and what helped?

Good sleep started showing up at around 18 months but that's a rough guess.  I still slept before that but it was up and down.

I didn't take anything to help.me sleep.  It came back in time.  Just time and patience.  If you're having trouble, just know it will come back.  Just accept where you're at currently and try not to resist it.

Arcade, this is inspiring news! I am happy to know you are feeling well. Your posts have been helpful to me in the past and this one made my day!

It takes much longer than we expected...what a journey! Best to you...let us know how you are doing.

Warmly

Carita

Carita,

I agree, it's been a hell if a journey for sure.

I guarantee you'll heal.  Since we're different I can't guarantee how long it will take but know your body is working hard to get back to where it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to reaching almost 100%! So happy for you!

Did you had a severe head symptoms... like burning squeezing severe scalp pain? If yes when did you felt it was getting better?

Vica