nausea, elevated pulse rate

[sp...]

I have been watching and learning from this site and others for some time and have managed to cease valium on 14th of this month. Because i am almost 70 I took the titration down to 50mcg before stopping.    My symptoms have all peeled back in reverse order which has been good but wonder if anyone can help here. 

Currently I am back to extreme nausea and palpitations/tachycardia.  Everything fluctuates and there is no pattern, just times of great distress.  In no way do I want to go back on it but wonder if anyone has experience with inderal/propanolol.  I am not sleeping well, waking 3 or 4 times at night and continue to have eustachian tube issues that tease me with the prospect of correction but  it then continues.  I was diagnosed (supposedly) with sleep apnoea at one stage as there were issues with REM sleep and following that I fell and broke my wrist requiring surgery  so it has been a 'fun" ride!

Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same symptoms. I think everyone basically has that.. it is definitely not easy. I was diagnosed with apnea @ 128 pounds, they don’t understand why. I’ve seen people get off their benzo “previously “ diagnosied with apnea and no longer have it after being off..

I’m new on here but wishing you all the best. Congrats for ending your taper!

Welcome Splitz! I am 3 days into the group but wanted you to know you are not alone. I am 68 years old. I didn't see what med you were weaning from but in my past detoxes (narcotics and lyrica from pain clinic) I had the same symptoms. I was totally unaware of the dangers of what I thought was limited use of xanax for the last 4 months and when I stopped cold turkey the symptoms were extreme, including the racing heart and extreme anxiety, burning skin and I finally looked it up and saw warnings regarding going CT so I've gone back on to do a wean.

Today is my first day to split my 1 mg tablet into 3 equal doses so I am slowly learning as I look at all the wonderful lessons provided here by people who have suffered beyond what I think I could stand. But moment by moment and day by day. Sometimes reminding myself that I am safe in this very moment helps. I've been using meditation and EFT tapping and even tho I know the physical symptoms that are so severe are going to have to be ridden out those things do help to a degree.

God bless you in your recovery. As a co-senior please know I am here for support. As a relatively short-term benzo user I may or may not heal more quickly than some on them for years and decades. Time will tell. I am just so thankful I found BB!