How are people around 2 years off doing??

[Su...]

Wow I just stumbled upon my post from over a year ago. I am doing so much better now. I work 4 days a week, I’m exercising again, I feel much better over all. Honestly some intense healing happened for me between 30-36 months. I get a bit of fatigue here and there, but I’m much more functional and feel good about the future. Healing is real!!

Glad you’re doing better. That gives me hope since months 30-36 are coming up for me.

Wow I just stumbled upon my post from over a year ago. I am doing so much better now. I work 4 days a week, I’m exercising again, I feel much better over all. Honestly some intense healing happened for me between 30-36 months. I get a bit of fatigue here and there, but I’m much more functional and feel good about the future. Healing is real!!

Such good news, Sunshine!

About 26 months out and it feels as though I'm about 80% there. Still experiencing minor fatigue at times and still have no access to my emotions, but quite functional otherwise. I found that temporarily going back on Paxil to relieve the bouts of anxiety helped a fair amount also. If the trend continues, I may very well start tapering off the Paxil within 6 months and see how it goes. Most of my aches, pains, spasms etc. seem to be abating as well. 

Can I just ask those of you that have had Windows when did you start getting them, is it a case of you feel better and can temporarily do more stuff. I'm just over 18 months off, just have some days where I feel really down and cry then rest time just feel I'll be stuck in this limbo forever. All mental symptoms.

I am 2 days away from my 2 year anniversary of being benzo free and some things are getting much worse.  The mental torture is impossible to handle.  The intrusive thought and memories are getting worse.  Much worse than a year ago.  I don't get windows.  I have a feeling the damage caused by this drug is permanent.

I'm also having a bit of a struggle at around 24 months out. I do have windows, but I spend much of my time with mental anxiety, intrusive thoughts, irrational fear etc. This journey has taken far longer than I ever expected. Hopeful about getting back to the person I was before all of this mess and the psych meds. My problems were so trivial then compared to now.

Hi Live about it, your symptoms sound similar to mine, when did you start getting window and what do they feel like? I' getting on for 19 months just feel bad all the time but sometimes just gets dramatically worse feel like will never recover. Last few days been like that been in tears most days presume this is wave but never had a good day?

I’m now 23 months off and while I’m seeing some improvements, I’m not even close to where I want to be or expected to be by this stage. There was a time earlier on when I was more or less bed bound and struggled to walk a few steps, I’m much better than that, but I’m still horribly fatigued, I have blaring tinnitus, mental issues like anxiety and depression are a real issue. I have windows but they don’t last as long as I would like. I desperately miss my old life. Just curious how others are/were fairing at this timeline.

Do people say that tinnitus is supposed to improve? Has yours been terrible since you started withdrawal or has it gone in a windows and waves pattern?

At 23 months off currently in horrible WAVE after a few decent WINDOWS here and there scattered about! I started this nightmare in July of 2017 before ultimately jumping off everything in Sept 2018!

I'm at ~2 years off and feel better overall, but I'm definitely still not healed. Tinnitus is still an issue, visual distortions, mild chest pain, I sleep maybe 6 hours a night at most, still experience some negative thought fixations, and the depression/exhaustion is intense as well. Also still experiencing the windows/waves pattern where every time I think I'm about to be healed, the symptoms come back and kick my butt. On the positive side my anxiety has almost completely disappeared, but I still have issues handling stress. Really hoping I'm not stuck like this forever.

This is my 24th month and I’m not doing good at all. All physical symptoms. Kept making my self worse with setbacks and dint even realize. I must be one slow MFer lol.  I would stay in bed if I could, but my chest feels like it’s going to explode and it’s worse when I stop moving.

• 5 weeks later...

I've read over and over that tinnitus is usually one of the last symptoms to go. I still have it at 39 months off. It's not as bothersome as it used to be for me.

Mine usually intensifies when I'm really stressed or in complete silence, so I do what I can to minimize those things. I often have background music or sounds playing at home. I keep my earbuds handy when I'm out and about. I like YouTube videos of rain falling, ocean waves and things like that. ASMR vids are good.

I’m now 23 months off and while I’m seeing some improvements, I’m not even close to where I want to be or expected to be by this stage. There was a time earlier on when I was more or less bed bound and struggled to walk a few steps, I’m much better than that, but I’m still horribly fatigued, I have blaring tinnitus, mental issues like anxiety and depression are a real issue. I have windows but they don’t last as long as I would like. I desperately miss my old life. Just curious how others are/were fairing at this timeline.

Do people say that tinnitus is supposed to improve? Has yours been terrible since you started withdrawal or has it gone in a windows and waves pattern?

I am not currently 28 months of have a good sommer from may till end of july. 

Then all of a sudden I started to feel really poor again felt like I was in a bad wave, but nowhere near the way it used to be.  I put this on the fact that I have begun studying at the university and there is a lot more stress in my life now then there were this summer.

On the positive side my mental problems are probably around 90% healed,  I experienced very little anxiety these days.  I now feel very positive and am very sure that the symptoms will disappear, this was not the case when they were at its worst.

When I look back at how bad I felt around the 2-year mark and I felt that this was never going to leave me alone, all of a sudden it had been a week and I hadn't thougth about my withdrawal symptom at all.

The things that work for me to make me feel better was working out almost everyday some in the gym, runnin and I also started using the Wim Hof method daily for breathing and  calming my sympathetic nervous system.

I would recommend anybody that struggles with nerve pain and anxiety to check out the wim Hof method. 

I believe that this has made an incredible difference for me.

Good luck everyone and now things will get better with time👍

PS: sorry for bad english😉

I'm about 16 months off after very long taper and difficult withdrawal.  I seem to be in a long wave now brought on by the pandemic stress. There were times in the past that I felt much better. Seems my CNS still playing catch up.

My exercise intolerance and muscle weakness is by far the worst symptom.  I have a bunch of other symptoms that seem to cycle through in waves every 3 or 4 mo ths.

This really sucks, but I have come a long way. Healing is happening even though sometimes I still don't feel that great.

Only 17 months out but some symptoms are worse than the first 6 months. Others have improved but not enough to say I’m better. Burning acid menthol stinging terror fear sensory distortion hell many days. Still trusting God to get through this

I'm 19 months off and thought I'd be so much better by now.

The mental symptoms are improved but still horrid a few days a week.

My physical symptoms seem to be much worse now than they ever were which is so confusing to me.

The symptoms are metabolic in nature so always feel like I have low blood sugar, body temp issues, soooo weak and no energy like on a cellular level.

I've gone gluten and dairy free and I'm working with a naturopath who ran labs and my thyroid and iron is messed up too which never happened before these drugs. I keep thinking I have another disease as this is how this all started.

Just trusting and hoping in those who have survived this and tell us it gets better.

I have definitely improved but am not out of the woods.  I have chest congestion and  thick mucous from allergies I am guessing and that has caused me to wake up with anxiety and panic  in the middle of the night.  I don't remember ever having panic / anxiety from congestion.  I feel like I cant breath when I am in bed.  I also suffer from periodic dizziness and vertigo.  I get anxiety from time to time and I have panic attacks in other situations.  The difference between now and two years ago is that they are less and I can manage them more.  I am hoping that they continue to become less and less severe.  Don't get me wrong things are much better at year 2 than than 2 months post taper.