Builder please help me with a new Ativan DLMT schedule.

[...]

Hello Builder,

You helped me a few weeks ago when I was just trying to start DLMT after Direct Tapering from 6mgs. Ativan to 3mgs. relatively quickly in three months.  Since then I have needed to hold and slow down considerably to reduce symptoms.  Now I would like to create a new plan. I have been struggling with the math and would greatly appreciate if you could help me again.

Right now I am holding at a total of 3mgs. of Ativan split between four doses1.50 (nightly) and .50, .50 and .50 (three day time doses total: 1.50)

If possible I would like to use a combination of tablets and liquids while I am still at a high dose.  I have access to .50 mg. tablets, the smallest tablet available in Ativan.  I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the breakdown would be for using tablets plus liquid if I want to taper off each dose simultaneously. Can you see a way where it would be possible to combine tablets with liquid considering that each of my three day time doses are already at the smallest tablet size?  I know it is difficult to cut them evenly in half, thus not the best option.

I would like to try tapering 1mg. in four months, in other words .25mgs every 30 days.

I know you encourage people to see the simplicity of creating a plan and I understand the basic concept and the math formula you originally laid out for me.  But I have been having a difficult time creating a schedule for my current doses using the new time frame and considering the possibility of combining tablets and liquid.

Please don't hesitate to suggest a better way to approach my taper even if its different than what I am imagining. I do feel the need to keep my night time dose higher so that I am able to sleep.

I very much appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

Luey

.25mg/30 days = .008mg/day

If you do all liquid:

Combine 30mg + 60ml vodka or PG + 240ml water.  (That's approx a 10-12 day supply)

Schedule:

30ml                    (3mg)

29.92ml                (2.992mg)

29.84ml              ( 2.984mg)

29.76ml              (2.976mg)

Just lower your dose by .08ml (.008mg) each day.

To do multiple dose...

Put the whole days dose on a standard 2 cup measuring cup  Top up to  1 1/2 cups with water (or other liquid)  1.5mg =  3/4cup, .5mg= 1/4 cup.

If you do tablet + liquid:

Combine 10mg + 20ml vodka or PG + 80ml water  (Its still a 10-12 day supply with the following schedule)

2mg tablets +  10ml

2mg tablet +    9.92ml

2mg  tablet +  9.84ml

2mg tablet +    9.76ml

etc...

Take 2 mg from tablets, and reduce the liquid by .08ml each day.

Hi Builder!

Wow, you made it so easy!

I really appreciate your help!  Could not have done it without you!!

Thanks so much!!!

Luey

Hi Builder!

Wow, you made it so easy!

I really appreciate your help!  Could not have done it without you!!

Thanks so much!!!

Luey

That's because it IS easy!!  I keep saying that over and over again.

1)  You combine 3 ingredients to make a solution, and 2) you take a little less each day!