Have you healed from CT long term benzos?

[Sa...]

You WILL heal just like me!

Im NO different than YOU!

If I can LIVE through my CT and return to NORMAL.... So WILL you!!

Stay Strong!

Sara! I did a CT, Benzo 20-25 years. I'm "celebrating" 40 months. I am better, but still weak. (I was bedridden and stuck on my sofa). I love hardrock, and no problem! But I don't know, maybe my first window? But I try to enjoy, and one step at a time!

Hug!

Anna

I don't call them windows.  I haven't felt "normal" yet and don't expect to.  There is a "new normal" coming for us.

I genuinely hand on my heart with every cell and fiber of my being believe that if this is what you believe and expect  this is exactly the extent of the healing you will receive and it's just not true. Full healing is avalible to every single one of us, no exceptions the only diffrence is the time it will take for some and also what we will allow. If you tell yourself you won't fully heal, you won't, if you tell yourself you will, then you will.

Your mind is a very powerful tool in your healing.

I fully excpect to compleatly heal, there are no doubts and I will not accept anything less. In fact, I will be better than before and that is avalible to everyone.

Today, (and most days) I believe I will heal fully soon!!!  However, those hours (or days) when I question healing (not because of CT), I need reassurance.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Hi Kam...My writing must of confused you.  Read a little further.  I said, "We are going to feel better than you can imagine."  There is a new normal coming for us.  I believe it and this is what pulls me through." 

Sounds like we are on the same page.  Strange.

Kam, you are one smart person.

I agree with Dove. This was the most important thing that happened to me by getting off benzos as I did. It absolutely shocked me when I realized a few years back that by getting off benzos I was SO much more healthy and happy. No more depression. Seldom feel anxious. You are so right. We have a new normal coming for all of you.

Like all of you, I wish I had known benzos would cause me so much misery. I did not know and none of you did, too. Awful, that this happens.

Keep on going and never look back. You will get through this, as long as you remain hopeful and as positive as you can be.

east