Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Starting titration on Valium - need someone to check my math

[TP...]

As for pleasurable stuff, I don't even enjoy my baby (dog) :) when I am in withdrawal. I read, watch TV shows, and chat on line.

Tony, I was like that too when I was in the throes of depression. I would look at my sweet cat babies, and it just made me more sad, and made me feel guilty for not giving them as much of me as I usually do. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have young children and have a depression.

As for pleasurable stuff, I don't even enjoy my baby (dog) :) when I am in withdrawal. I read, watch TV shows, and chat on line.

Tony, I was like that too when I was in the throes of depression. I would look at my sweet cat babies, and it just made me more sad, and made me feel guilty for not giving them as much of me as I usually do. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have young children and have a depression.

It's comforting that someone really understands. Thanks Linda. http://www.freedominmessiah.com/cool_smile.gif

OK guys, I am really buffled with this. I grew up knowing only metric system. And I always thought that 1 mg = 1 ml!!!

To hear that there are  5 mg in 1 ml (that's what it says on Tony's valium bottle, right?) is throwing everything I know in a disarray.

Am I that much benzo fogged? Anybody from Europe, other than UK, please help here. Patrick?

OK guys, I am really buffled with this. I grew up knowing only metric system. And I always thought that 1 mg = 1 ml!!!

To hear that there are  5 mg in 1 ml (that's what it says on Tony's valium bottle, right?) is throwing everything I know in a disarray.

Am I that much benzo fogged? Anybody from Europe, other than UK, please help here. Patrick?

From what I read, I think that Milliliters is a measure of liquid volume, whereas Milligrams measure weight. Liters convert to gallons, whereas grams convert to lbs. I don't know if this helps. It does suggest to me that liquid valium is 5 times the weight (density?) of water, IF 1 mg water = 1 ml water.

From what I read, I think that Milliliters is a measure of liquid volume, whereas Milligrams measure weight.

You are correct. ;)

From what I read, I think that Milliliters is a measure of liquid volume, whereas Milligrams measure weight.

You are correct. ;)

I knew that, yet the fact that there are 5 mg of valium in 1 ml of it is really strange. Sorry I am suspicious... I need to check this one out...

tany i had checked our chart and it said .5 mg of 2 mg = 33.333 - well i felt so stupid because i always came up with 1/4 or .25% - so i tried and tried to make .5 of 2 mg = 33.333 - i just figured i don't know my percentages - and i operated under that assumption till yesterday when i asked someone for the formula.

you know there is a conversion chart on line think i will google it and print it out.

tony is pretty easy cause he has pills and liquid - what we wouldn't of giving for a liquid to titrate.

You are correct. ;)

I knew that, yet the fact that there are 5 mg of valium in 1 ml of it is really strange. Sorry I am suspicious... I need to check this one out...

Basically, it's putting a solid (weight) into a liquid (volume). The valium is the solid. So it's like crushing up 5mg of valium, which is a measurement of how heavy it is, and mixing it into 1ml of liquid.

All liquid meds are like that. So is for instance morphine. In a hospital if you have a vial of injectable morphine and it says 10mg/ml. and you want to give 5mg, you would draw up a half an ml. It is so confusing, hence hospital medication errors. It took me a long time to wrap my mind around it.

:crazy: ok now i am lost - i thought i was ok - but i just could not bring myself to read through it -  :pokey:

weights and measurements were so much easier in the 60's and 70's maybe my mind was clearer then then i thought.

So it's like crushing up 5mg of valium, which is a measurement of how heavy it is,

I should have said how heavy the active ingredient is, not including the weight of the filler.  :D

tany i had checked our chart and it said .5 mg of 2 mg = 33.333 - well i felt so stupid because i always came up with 1/4 or .25% - so i tried and tried to make .5 of 2 mg = 33.333 - i just figured i don't know my percentages - and i operated under that assumption till yesterday when i asked someone for the formula.

you know there is a conversion chart on line think i will google it and print it out.

tony is pretty easy cause he has pills and liquid - what we wouldn't of giving for a liquid to titrate.

0.5 is a quarter of 2 regardless of measurement.

Why can't you get liquid Valium prescribed? My doctor just prescribed it as if it were the most common thing, and they had it at the pharmacy no questions asked.

tony some doctors are more agreeable then others.

my doctors thought i was crazy and should me on other stronger drugs - i said no so they put in my chart i was non compliant and doctor shopping - which is like saying i was abusing drugs and looking for more.

you are lucky and that is something to be thankful for. ;)

tony some doctors are more agreeable then others.

my doctors thought i was crazy and should me on other stronger drugs - i said no so they put in my chart i was non compliant and doctor shopping - which is like saying i was abusing drugs and looking for more.

you are lucky and that is something to be thankful for. ;)

The Universe (God?) is definitely being benevolent to me right now and I should be thankful.