Why are mornings so difficult?

[Go...]

Finally getting time to read this thread, wow every sxs that you guys are talking about are the same I have. I have noticed some are getting better and on occasions in the morning I'll take a beta blocker especially if I have a stressful morning at work.

I'm sleeping better so I guess that's a sign of healing, some days on the weekend I'll get 8 hrs which is great.

I'm still tapering slowly.... down to .9 mg V .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Go...]

• [So...]

• [mo...]

• [Ho...]

Finally getting time to read this thread, wow every sxs that you guys are talking about are the same I have. I have noticed some are getting better and on occasions in the morning I'll take a beta blocker especially if I have a stressful morning at work.

I'm sleeping better so I guess that's a sign of healing, some days on the weekend I'll get 8 hrs which is great.

I'm still tapering slowly.... down to .9 mg V .

Sleeping is definitely a sign of healing!

I think I've found a morning routine that works for me - at least for now.

Once I also got to the point that Joyatlast talked about it's been easier. I've quit trying to push myself so much in the mornings. I've accepted that, for me, there are just going to be "cortisol mornings" until they quit being "cortisol mornings." I've quit fighting it, trying to control it, quit telling myself that if I was just a better, stronger person I could beat this and get up and get on with my day just like I used to.

Now I still wake up to the always present tinnitus, the "electric" anxiety, feeling of not being safe, dread of what the day will bring, and which intrusive memories I will be battered with today. Instead of beating myself up for feeling that way I try to take care of myself until I feel better. I listen to some Bach cello suites so I hear something beautiful. I still hear the tinnitus, but the music is a gentle distraction. I cover myself with a weighted blanket (I used to think this was kind of a silly idea) but it does make me feel protected and safer. And I lie in bed doing diaphragmatic breathing until I feel calmer and my body settles down enough for me to get out of bed. And during the day when symptoms or intrusive memories attack, I try not to shame myself for them, but take care of myself instead. (Not always successful, but I try.)

I think this new attitude has been helping not only in the mornings, but throughout the day. I absolutely DO NOT think that things happen for a reason. I really do think that shit really just happens. But if I'm going to go through this terrible taper, miserable withdrawal, and slow meandering healing, then I'm going to give myself the gift of trying to learn something and get stronger for all the misery.

I'm going to take this as a chance to really learn how to listen to my body and my mind, and take care of myself. Show myself some love and gentleness. Benzos be damned. I'm going to be the captain of my own ship and steer my way toward something good.

• 1 month later...
GonnaGetBettee, thanks for the inspiration! I really could use an attitude adjustment, myself! Wallowing is obviously not doing me a lot of good...

• 2 weeks later...

Mornings are worst for me, everything you said plus chills. Always glad when someone mentions dizziness/vertigo. "Feel like I'm on a rocking boat that's slowly spinning" is something I say a lot. Was diagnosed with Migraine Associated Vertigo (non-painful "headaches", by the way). Feel sea sick much of the time. Hoping that this will clear with discontinuation of benzos.

Anyway, good to know I'm not alone.

Mornings are worst for me, everything you said plus chills. Always glad when someone mentions dizziness/vertigo. "Feel like I'm on a rocking boat that's slowly spinning" is something I say a lot. Was diagnosed with Migraine Associated Vertigo (non-painful "headaches", by the way). Feel sea sick much of the time. Hoping that this will clear with discontinuation of benzos.

Anyway, good to know I'm not alone.

I never know how my mornings will feel. Some days, like this morning, I have electric anxiety and feel like I’m moving or like the earth is moving although I know it isn’t. It feels kind of like an earthquake. Also jittery. Other morning I wake feeling pretty ok. I did have a small piece of pie last night and usually stay away from sugar so that could be the culprit. I’m not organized enough to really keep track and make a correlation. This process is definitely helping me to manage stress and take care of myself. I had a handyman do some work on my house yesterday and after I paid him I realized it wasn’t done properly. I’m kind of concerned about if he’s going to correct it, he says he will. But  my point is that I’m not going to stress about it. I can only do what I can do. Ultimately my healing is most important.

I seem to notice as well that I feel better when I’m able to sleep in. Maybe part of the anxiety and other symptoms means I really need more sleep. Many mornings  I just don’t get it but I take a nap in the afternoon. That seems to help too. In the nights I usually feel the best. Wishing you all many peaceful mornings.

Morning dizziness and lightheadedness evry day at 7 months off ativan. Gets better as the day moves on.

Hello Friends:

I have tapered down to less than 5% of 1 mg out of 2mg a day for 17 years.  My head pressure symptom has been full time for years, but

it has gotten worse toward the end of the taper.  But, good news is that so many of my other symptoms are just "gone". 

Question?

How many of you with bad mornings take their dose in the evening or at bedtime?  I am wondering if this is inter dose withdrawal.  That would make sense to me as the less we ingest, the less we have in our system to fall back on.  I am also wondering, because I have seen a great commonality in people withdrawing whose

symptoms really ramp up at between 10 and 20 percent of the last mg no matter how long or how much they have used the drug in the past.  I am wondering

if our brains and GABA  really only use for the most part a very small portion of 1 mg of the benzo.  Not sure how the excess is used.  But we only have so many

neurotrasmitters for the benzo to effect.  Just typing out loud. 

I honestly believe I will be able to feel the effects of this Clonazepam every day until I'm off in 8 days, even at 1/2of 1% of 1 mg.  Potent drug, huh.

Thanks for any thoughts.  Wishing you all good progress in tapering.