• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Go...]

• [So...]

• [mo...]

• [Ho...]

Ditto mornings- wake up exhausted even if I've slept- makes me think maybe I didn't really sleep- gets better as day goes on-  Also comforting to know I'm not alone- this too shall pass (I hope!) 🙏

Mornings are absolutely terrible for me too.  By far the hardest part of the day for me as I wake up feeling EXTREME fatigue and lay in bed for 2-3 upon waking up.  Just waiting for the day I wake up feeling normal and have energy like I used to.   

The past two mornings: Plan to get up to go running. Instead, lay there and think about all the reasons I should not go running. Think about the fact that I’m thinking about going running but not going. Think about all the things I’m worried about. Feel the crushing weights of my thoughts. Get up over an hour later than planned and get to work later than I planned. Stress about that too... Rinse and repeat. The rest of the day goes better.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Serenitee. I wonder why we feel this way in the morning, biologically speaking. Does anyone know? It always helps me to know what is happening in my body to cause the particular symptom.

I’ve heard that anxiety tends to be worse in the morning because of increased cortisol.

Restoration - definitely feel that extra cortisol in the morning and chemical anxiety - the worst. But thankfully it gets better as the day goes on...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Serenitee. I wonder why we feel this way in the morning, biologically speaking. Does anyone know? It always helps me to know what is happening in my body to cause the particular symptom.

I’ve heard that anxiety tends to be worse in the morning because of increased cortisol.

That makes so much sense.

Just an update.

I tried pushing myself to just GET UP and see if getting moving would help dissipate some of the anxiety, dread, etc. Did it for a couple of days and found that it did seem to help me get going in the morning, but started having increased anxiety through the rest of the day.

Didn't seem worth the trade off. So I'm back to waking up, laying in bed and spending time trying to relax my body and mind. Get the white noise on for my Tinnitus, maybe read a bit. Act like I'm a rich woman of leisure waiting for my breakfast in bed to arrive.  ;) After a few hours I feel somewhat calmed and I get up and make my OWN breakfast.

Starting slow seems to work better for me. I'm pushing through so many symptoms right now, I feel I can go easy on myself in the morning and "follow my symptoms" to know when to get up. I'd love to jump out of bed and seize the day like I used to, but I'm going to just accept that it's not where I am now. But, I'm "gonna get better."

It was helpful to be reminded that Cortisol is higher in the morning. Sometimes when I understand something it makes it easier to deal with it. Back to slow and steady wins the course.

Just an update.

I tried pushing myself to just GET UP and see if getting moving would help dissipate some of the anxiety, dread, etc. Did it for a couple of days and found that it did seem to help me get going in the morning, but started having increased anxiety through the rest of the day.

Didn't seem worth the trade off. So I'm back to waking up, laying in bed and spending time trying to relax my body and mind. Get the white noise on for my Tinnitus, maybe read a bit. Act like I'm a rich woman of leisure waiting for my breakfast in bed to arrive.  ;) After a few hours I feel somewhat calmed and I get up and make my OWN breakfast.

Starting slow seems to work better for me. I'm pushing through so many symptoms right now, I feel I can go easy on myself in the morning and "follow my symptoms" to know when to get up. I'd love to jump out of bed and seize the day like I used to, but I'm going to just accept that it's not where I am now. But, I'm "gonna get better."

It was helpful to be reminded that Cortisol is higher in the morning. Sometimes when I understand something it makes it easier to deal with it. Back to slow and steady wins the course.

I start my day off leisurely as well. I find that pushing myself too much or exposing myself to stress aggravates my symptoms. The mornings and daytimes are always tough best for me but I find that I feel much much better in the late afternoon and evenings

This morning I woke up angry and in tears over something that happened in my dreams.  It felt so real.  It took me a minute or so to realize that none of that stuff was real.  I can't even remember what it was now, but I remember how upset I was about it. 

yep I am with you all on this one !

Over the years of my diazepam use, on the many days that I just HAD to get up and get on with my day, I would drink a STRONG coffee - Now I am beginning to realise that caffein could be as much of my enemy as benzos are (and possibly worsening my muscle twitches that I seem to be getting too on my withdrawal).

I have to just force myself into the shower and as soon as I have had my shower I feel better. Sometimes I listen to music in the shower/bath provided i'm not waking anyone else up. I've made an "uplifting songs" playlist that kickstarts my day; it seriously gets my head into the right mindset and is a great distraction from negative thoughts.  :)

I usually don’t have any choice I have kids so have to get up right away. But I manage. I cannot drink coffee anymore even a few ounces was making me shake. So now I drink decaf just to feel like I’m doing something. I never thought I’d see the day. But at the same time the k made me SO drowsy in the morning I’m so much more alert and engaged now that part is great. So I don’t truly need coffee anmore even though I miss it.

Wanted to share- I dont usually eat sugar because I try to avoid anything unhealthy while I’m healing however yesterday I met a friend at an amazing French Bakery and I had a pastry. What a huge mistake! I felt horrible the rest of the day and had intense anxiety this morning and I’m still shaking. I posted recently on another thread that sometimes what appears to be a wave caused by a taper or out of the blue when really we have a food sensitivity. Just something to be mindful of.

It has really helps me to see all of these morning hell posts! I thought I was the only one that couldn’t stay out of bed!! 

Actually, I had no idea of what was happening to me.....  two yrs. of severe fatigue, especially in the mornings. I finally get up for something to try to eat and find myself back in bed.....just laying there as if in a coma.    I was nearly certain I was going to die!

I’ve been taking Valium for years, just 5 mgs when I was under stress or Panic Attack. I didn’t think I was even dependant because such low doses maybe every other day. Little did I know!

I wish you all a complete and healthy recovery!

Mornings are very difficult for me.  I get up feeling achy all over.  When do these muscle aches stop?  Feeling on edge and achy all day.  Tapering off 0.25 Xanax for 25 years for sleep.  Such a small dosage and so many issues now.  Doctors made it seem like it was safe.  If I only knew 25 years ago what I know now!

This thread resonates with a lot of us. I have been on the 3 am wake up call for months. I am finally settling down to a 4 am wake up. What works for me is to know I will wake trembling, anxiety riddled, racing thoughts and heart rate, elevated bp, and dread. Then I stopped judging everything that was happening as "bad" and it was as if a lightbulb went off.  It just is what it is. Our bodies are doing their darndest to heal.  The regeneration of our GABA receptors is going to take time. Once you drain the fear out, these are just sensations. They didn't kill you yesterday or the day before or the day before that. I try to go from "the experiencer" to "the observer."  My personal recipe for manic mornings are to get up. Read, watch a show or listen to upbeat music or a podcast. I repeat to myself that This, Too, Shall Pass. I have some hot decaf with milk. I write in my gratitude  journal. Eventually the trembling and dread dissipates as I slowly immerse myself in these activities. I also rely heavily on the Calm app. Daily mindful meditation helps. I am going to ride this dragon down to zero. I pray we all find our true selves again. Stay the course and never look back. Remind yourself that mornings suck but they won't  always. Give your body time to catch up. We're  going to make it after all.....(tv reference, hope you Buddies old enough to remember MTM like it).

Mornings are difficult bcuz Cortisol is raising up in your body ...but while on Benzo tapering, we are getting TOO MUCH Cortisol bcuz the body is trying to heal us from what it thinks is wrong when it's just the stupid Benzos. That is why it is so difficult with Mornings.

I was so bad I was having tremors every morning too and nausea.  Then I started taking Sharp PS.  Sun Flower Lecithin Phosphatidylserine ...I began by opening the capsule and taking tiny bits of the liquid out for a month to see if I had a bad reaction, no bad reaction.  Then after a month I started taking the 100 mg capsule ...This stuff takes time to build up in your system.  Suddenly, I began feeling like myself again.  It's been wonderful.  Only you have to take it with Alaskan Salmon Oil to make sure it works best too.  And probiotics all on an empty stomach early every morning. 

But since we are all individuals, if you want to try it or anything. ...always go super slow......tiny tastes at a time till you know whether you will react or not.  Again, it takes time to build up in your body, so if you have no reaction, that's a good sign.  Give it time to work...take no more than the 100mg. 

Hope this helps.  As with anything always use CAUTION.

Hope, will it not work without the Alaskan Salmon Oil ? Which kind of salmon oil did you use? Best Kind I think  -wonder if they have that on Amazon - so great that it has helped you so much!