Does Antidepressants help make taper easier?

[Ho...]

There may be some that help but it’s up to you whether you want to live a life of being dependent on a drug(s) or not.  My personal preference is “not”.  Been there, done that, did not help.

Hi did you taper the other meds. before klonopin?

I feel I will have to get of celexa  at some point because was given to me with klonopin to lessen the celexa effects  :(

Hi Bonty ... I tapered all 4 drugs at once.  I was not online at the time and didn’t think about there being another way.  Are you on Surviving Antidepressants. .Org?  I wonder what order they recommend?  I just want to wish you strength and courage for your journey off meds.

They recommend the  AD first ...  its been a difficult journey, I also think that my Ad helped with the chemical depression from stopping different ad's 2 years ago ... I know some people  get very depressed tapering benzos...how was it for you?

Does Antidepressants help make taper easier?

Not to scare you but I had extremely bad reaction to ultra low dosage of Lexapro. I didn't make it two weeks before I had almost every adverse reaction to the meds. I'm sure that won't happen to everyone. But I'm still recovering even being off for nearly 3 months

See, I do not have OCD and I am not depressed at all.  I also read if you are not depressed and if you do not have OCD or ADD or ADHD that ADs won't work and only harm you.  I have been tested and I have none of those conditions whatsoever.  I was given Adivan bcuz I was getting too much adrenaline.  Discovered afterwards that it was my adrenals shooting out too much adrenaline.  Unfortunately, now I'm stuck with having to taper off these Valium.  So I was misdiagnosed and stupid me listening to my doctor.  Great REGRET!

There may be some that help but it’s up to you whether you want to live a life of being dependent on a drug(s) or not.  My personal preference is “not”.  Been there, done that, did not help.

Hi did you taper the other meds. before klonopin?

I feel I will have to get of celexa  at some point because was given to me with klonopin to lessen the celexa effects  :(

Hi Bonty ... I tapered all 4 drugs at once.  I was not online at the time and didn’t think about there being another way.  Are you on Surviving Antidepressants. .Org?  I wonder what order they recommend?  I just want to wish you strength and courage for your journey off meds.

They recommend the  AD first ...  its been a difficult journey, I also think that my Ad helped with the chemical depression from stopping different ad's 2 years ago ... I know some people  get very depressed tapering benzos...how was it for you?

My taper was way too fast and I got damaged from it, putting me into an indescribable state you don't ever want to go into if you can help it.  Since coming online, I've learned that uber slow is the way to go, should have taken me 5 or 6 years to taper instead of one year.  I do think there is validity in doing all at once though.  I just want to wish you success Bonty and a relatively easy ride off.

no matter for what reason someones takes an AD or other med that has an impact on the brain - they all have to be tapered. And that means they have a huge impact. I would never ever again touch this stuff and I had them all. And some ADS were as hard to taper as an benzo - how could they give that stuff to people in withdrawal, I do not get it.

I would prefer to taper ONE devil, and not get another potential devil into the boat - its too risky because you just cannot know if you are under the poor people that will have bad reactions. There is always the chance given that you will mess up the current taper by adding another med - but the doctors dont tell you...

Just my 2 cents.