Need Detailed Help for Valium Liquid Titration

[So...]

For clarification, it isn't the liquid that causes improvement, its the ability to make a series of tiny, controllable adjustments to you doses that comes from using (diluted) liquid.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Builder, Hope - I am sorry for being such a pest and a slow learner. I really want to do this.

Hopefully when I get back I can get the Roxane/West Labs Diazepam Oral Solution,  5mg=5ml. as that sounds easier.

Thanks for all your help and I do apologize for asking so many questions. Math and measuring is not a talent I have.

If you have a cooperative doc that will Rx, the pharma liquid is definitely the best option.

Thanks Gard and Builder - my doc will order me the Pharma liquid valium when I get back and I will use that. I get that it's not the liquid but the ability to make small cuts which is what I want to do.

Gard - going to check out what you ordered on Amazon.

Thank you both so much!

Thanks again Gardie and Builder (you have been so helpful and patient and offered me so much advice and support and i am very grateful - I am using your taper as my roadmap to recovery)

Any update:

I am going to hold longer on this current dose (3mg) and go down much, much slower - I think the slower one tapers, the less painful it is and also makes being benzo-free easier with less w/d s/x - so slow slow slow is my new method. I was having trouble with 2.5mg so (sadly) had to go back up to 3.0mg and now going to taper slowly down from there. When I got mad about this, I reminded myself that I was taking 10mg in October and now I am 70% down which is pretty huge. Things are better now for the most part.

I also talked to my doctor about switching to liquid Valium when I get back so I can taper much slower towards the end - liquid Valium can be used with water. I just want to go slow and be able to function.

I mentioned the Tapering Strips - I am now using them to taper from 1mg - 0.5mg in 28 days and then from 0.5mg to 0 in 28 days - I hope this is slow enough.

Thanks again everyone - hope you are all having a great weekend!

I'm glad you have a plan and a cooperative doctor. I like your attitude of focusing on how far you've come! You also seem attuned to listening to your symptoms. If you keep doing a symptom-based taper, you will know how fast to go.

BTW, if you find yourself holding at your current dose for longer than typical, you might want to check out the Long Hold Support Group.

Best wishes,

Gardie :)

Thanks Gardie - i definitely check into the long hold support group every day. I don't think my hold at 3mg will be super long, maybe 10 days which is normal and then i will start the daily liquid Valium micro-taper until the end, going very slowly.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hi Builder and Gardie -

I want to thank you both as you have been a savior in helping me figure out switching to liquid. I ordered the cylinder, 1mil and 10mil syringes (same as you got Gardie).

My plan is to use the Roche RX liquid Valium and do a a few days or more to make sure I can handle the liquid then go down from 3mg. I want to go slow - 5% a week. I might need your help when I get to the liquid dosing part - hope I am not driving you both crazy! I want to use the calculator but keep messing it up I think. I am truly math/numbers dumb!

Thank you again for putting up with me!

Hi Builder and Gardie -

I want to thank you both as you have been a savior in helping me figure out switching to liquid. I ordered the cylinder, 1mil and 10mil syringes (same as you got Gardie).

My plan is to use the Roche RX liquid Valium and do a a few days or more to make sure I can handle the liquid then go down from 3mg. I want to go slow - 5% a week. I might need your help when I get to the liquid dosing part - hope I am not driving you both crazy! I want to use the calculator but keep messing it up I think. I am truly math/numbers dumb!

Thank you again for putting up with me!

No trouble, Sober. I'm glad you will be able to get the RX. It really is the easiest way to do this.

5%/week would not be slow for me, but it might be for you. Pay attention to your symptoms and be prepared to adjust. A symptoms-based taper is the way to go. I have kept a record of my cuts and my symptoms and have figured out that 10%/month is my max.

I'm sure builder or one of the other gurus can set up a plan you when you get your RX liquid. Just pop in here and let us know when it arrives.

Gardie :)

Thanks Gardie - I think I am going to go 5% every 14 days to be on the safe side and listen to my symptoms.

YOU are the BEST and Builder is my BB hero.