Decaf Coffee or Cocoa OK During Withdrawal?

[Be...]

Coffee doesn't make me anxious, thank heavens, but it sure does wake me up and make me alert. I can definitely work better. It probably won't do this for everyone. Just sayin'  :-\

Katz

UPDATE: Had the once a week morning coffee craving and drank a cup. Well it amped me up so bad today I don't think I'll touch it it again for quite some time! Have a lot going on at the moment with life stresses,  so that might have something to do with it. Slight window yesterday and then BAM, slammed shut today!!! Unfortunately watching the clock for my evening dose of Valium, as my anxiety, DP/DR and agoraphobia is off the charts! Damn this drug!!!! Housebound again today, which increases the depression...Damn these drugs!!!!!

Hey, Riley, I'm sorry to hear that.

I didn't touch coffee during my taper (I managed with a drink called Teecino which is vaguely coffee-tasting but caffeine-free. It's actually quite yummy).

I dared a foray into coffee via decaf and half-caf when I was off benzos.

Might be too soon for you to venture into the land of caffeine. Sorry you got clobbered.

Hang in there, my friend. I understand the coffee-yearning, though. Maybe try Teecino? You can order it from Amazon.

:smitten:

Katz

Hey Oregon -

I ordered Teecino - because you suggested it and was delivered today so will have my first cup tomorrow! Stoked! (I do miss coffee and excited to have a coffee-like substitute while I taper.

Hey, Stoked, I'm stoked for you. I loved Teecino! My favorite was the Hazelnut flavor. Brew it just the way you brew(ed) coffee and I think you'll love it too.

It helped me not mourn the loss of coffee too much.  :'(

Keep us posted!

Katz

Oregon - just had 2 cups of Teecino today and it tasted so much like coffee and I feel great - no bad reaction to it. Thanks for the tip. I posted about it so others can try it too.

I'm so happy for you, Sober. Yeah, it's just nuts and roots and dates. Good stuff, no caffeine (not that caffeine isn't good. . .  ;) but 'ya know what I mean).

Yay for Teecino!

Katz

Riley - am seriously envious of you...but good for you.  Would love it if caffeine calmed me down. Still slogging along with decaf and have accepted my fate.

Yea it's strange? Of course everything we've read says avoid caffeine as being a excitable, anxiety causing drink, including soda with caffeine, etc. I'm clueless but, damn that coffee tasted great with no heightened anxiety SXS?

Do you by chance have ADHD? Was caffeine always calming?

My BF has ADHD and drinks soda to calm himself down and sleep !!

As for me, even before this whole mess I couldnt have caffeine after noon or I wouldnt sleep

Byrjun - do you think caffeine has an opposite effect on people with ADHD like your friend?  How are you doing these days...are things getting better for you?