One Year (plus one week) free!

[Lo...]

I posted this on my personal blog a week ago.  I thought it might be helpful for others, so posting it here.

Today is my one year anniversary since my jump off of the K cliff.  Here's my update:

- At the one year mark, I can say that I'm feeling physically so much better.  I would say I'm about 85% healed, at least.  The cleaner I eat and the more I exercise, the better I feel.

- However, I am waiting for my sex drive to come back.  Please oh please, let's go already.  I had a jolt the other day that lasted for 6 seconds lol.  I know it will come back.  I'd also like to feel joy again more consistently.  It's been ages since I felt joy down to my toes.  I don't say this to be negative - I know I will feel those feelings again, they are on the surface - almost ready to break through.  Every negative thought is turned into a positive affirmation - it's becoming a habit- and it helps my healing.

- I received two offers for full time work.  I will be accepting one of the offers on Monday.  Both great companies, better job than I had before, better pay, better culture.  I'm so nervous about going back to work full time, but I think having 8 months to rest and also work with more flexibility (consulting) has given me time to heal a bit more.  I believe I start January 28, so I will be sure to rest all of January as well.  I've been incredibly blessed to have this time, and although I'm the primary earner in my home, we survived this financially.  Thank god / goddess my husband is a saver.

Hang in there my buddies.  This journey is REALLY worth it.  It has made me calmer, more confident, more loving, given me patience and grace.  I'm wiser and bolder.  I ask for what I want clearly and succinctly.

Sending you all so much love. 

PS: I still hate driving - hoping this passes at some point - I used to love it!  Nothing like a nervous driver on the interstate  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats to you! Hope I’m in your same boat very soon. Your story is encouraging since I took/take Clon to sleep too. Thanks for posting!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing your story, it's inspiring!  Congratulations on your success with getting off the Benzo's as well as the new job, Good Luck with all!