Medication Induced Setback Support

[Mu...]

thanks so much Final Healing for your kind words, it means a lot. When did your symptoms start to lift and what was your setback from again? I just don't get why I'm still in such an acute phase at 6 months.

thanks so much Final Healing for your kind words, it means a lot. When did your symptoms start to lift and what was your setback from again? I just don't get why I'm still in such an acute phase at 6 months.

My symtoms lifted in phases but the most horrific one, anhedonia, lifted at 6.5 months. My setback was caused surgery and anesthesia, which had a combination of steroids, antibiotics and profolol. I had requested no benzos, opiods or Fluoroquinolone antibiotics. I didn't know these other things were used and could harm me.

I eat a low histamine diet (to help with my taper) and don't have caffeine, sugar, dairy or alcohol. That's just me trying to keep my nervous system and body as calm as possible.

The thing about setbacks is that we aren't doing anything wrong when the symptoms are so intense. My symptoms were much worse than my original bemzo taper and they eventually lifted as my brain healed.

It will get better.  Your only job,  as a dear friend said to me, is to hang on till you are healed. And healing is happening as we speak.

FH

Pamster directed me to this thread. Thanks Pampster.  :)

Was doing pretty well.  Let's say, not walking backwards. 

Developed an uti and had to go to hospital feeling really sick.

Prescribed Keflex which got rid of the infection but sent me backwards with:

Nausea

Headache

Weak

Upper back pain

Neck pain

Lower back, flank pain

Dizzy

Cog fog

Anxiety

Hot and cold

Had to return to bed so tired, unwell. 

All of this occurred after completing the 5 day course.  Didn't feel like it pre Keflex. 

Felt so bad thought the Keflex had not completely gotten rid of the infection so went back to the hospital.  No signs of infection.  :thumbsup:

Thought I'd add to the thread in case some other poor soul is confused about antibiotics producing, resurrecting, old symptoms.  They do.

Now 6 days following last dose am feeling a bit better.  I think it's going to be short lived.  Yay! 

Hi Deadwoodgone.  I came to this board as I have just come off a ten day course of the antibiotic Ceftin, and wanted to see how others are doing after taking an antibiotic.  I read your post and it seems as though we are quite similar in our histories in taking an antibiotic for a UTI.  I am feeling pretty awful this morning and woke up soaking wet and feeling like I have a bad case of the flu, with nausea, chills, body aches, and just an overall feeling like I have a virus of some type.  I am now wondering if I am having a reaction a week after taking my last dose of the Ceftin.  I felt pretty good yesterday, but after having spent a long time outside in the hot sun, I began to feel unwell which continued through the night and is with me this morning.  I had a bad UTI last year with complications after a botched uterine biopsy, and spent a pretty miserable three months trying to recover.  Then I had a wonderful two month window, but since mid-January I am now back on the roller coaster of windows and waves!

I took the Ceftin last year for ten days and am not sure if I had a setback from it, as I was dealing with other female issues.

I am happy to hear that you seem to be pulling out of your setback, and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for continued healing.

Take care from another old timer of almost 37 months!

GG

Knock on the wood, but I think I have started improving. Feb and the first part of March were a nightmare, worst nightmare ever! But after that things started improving, in an out of waves, No longer bedridden, better baseline. I am 8 month out from the hormonal med and it’s been a bit over 5 months now since fosfomycin. In a wave now (prickly, stinging, burning, itching, hot) but I keep getting full or partial windows! The last 6 days were pretty good. Some were even symptom-free! My pregnancy is going well, my due date is in 4 weeks but it can happen any day now. I am terrified I will need some meds in labour but I am going to decline anything I can.

Pamster directed me to this thread. Thanks Pampster.  :)

Was doing pretty well.  Let's say, not walking backwards. 

Developed an uti and had to go to hospital feeling really sick.

Prescribed Keflex which got rid of the infection but sent me backwards with:

Nausea

Headache

Weak

Upper back pain

Neck pain

Lower back, flank pain

Dizzy

Cog fog

Anxiety

Hot and cold

Had to return to bed so tired, unwell. 

All of this occurred after completing the 5 day course.  Didn't feel like it pre Keflex. 

Felt so bad thought the Keflex had not completely gotten rid of the infection so went back to the hospital.  No signs of infection.  :thumbsup:

Thought I'd add to the thread in case some other poor soul is confused about antibiotics producing, resurrecting, old symptoms.  They do.

Now 6 days following last dose am feeling a bit better.  I think it's going to be short lived.  Yay! 

Very sorry, we completely get it. Antibiotics are sometimes needed but some of us have terrible experiences. I hope it goes away for you soon!

Willhealsoon!!!!! That's the best news!!!!!! I think of you often and pop on to see how you're doing. This really made by day.

Willhealsoon!!!!! That's the best news!!!!!! I think of you often and pop on to see how you're doing. This really made by day.

Thanks for the kind words and your support. I am happy too ♥️ I hope you are doing okay!

Not sure if this is right place for this, did anyone else have bad reaction to the flu jab? I was just about functioning before it, since I had it like being in acute again. Actually had flu last week, still got bad stomach from it. Had first 2 covid jabs and was OK, strangely enough, haven’t risked any boosters. It threw up whole load more mental symptoms. Just wondered if anyone else had reaction to vax’s did symptoms eventually ease?

Thanks I know it is unusual, Miss Fortitude had a bad reaction for several months as well. My husband hasn’t felt right since he had it, and said he felt mentally weird day we had it. I have read it can affect the CNS, def affected me. Trouble is it’s different one every year, and give you much stronger one if over 65. Too late now but wouldn’t ever have another one. Been 6 months so hopefully wear off soon. I still got flu anyway😫

Currently at about 2 months setback induced by cortisone injection and still really struggling. Like a lot of us, these symptoms are even worse than acute was. One question I have is: do we continue to heal from benzo damage during our setbacks? Or is that not the case? I ask because despite my terrible symptoms from the setback, my insomnia has somehow continued to improve through the setback. It’s as if the setback brought upon brand new symptoms while allowing other symptoms to continue to improve. So very strange

Has anyone out there had urethral problems that never showed up until just after AB treatment for UTI?

I am over 2 1/2 years off Klonipin/Ativan (was on for 8 months, including a too-fast taper) and was finally getting to the point where I was feeling close to the end of this nightmare.  Then I contracted a UTI.  Did my homework and chose Macrobid to treat with.  Took a whole course and then learned that my bacteria was resistant to Macrobid.  Chose Fosfomycin next (a 1 dose treatment that then sits in the bladder for several days).  This seeme to have beaten the infection.  Trouble is, I still have UTI symptoms.  Have had urine tests 4 times since I stopped the meds and all show negative.

Then, within a day of my last negative urine test, I developed severe pain/burning in my urethra.  It is overwhelming.  I can't escape it.  The bladder spasms that I had been having come and go, but this urethral pain seems to be constant.  I am resigned that I will have to see a urologist, but even with a referral probably won't get in soon.  I finally resorted to heat packs and a 1/2 extended release Tylenol last night in order to sleep.  Hadn't taken any meds, other than the hated antibiotics recently, for 2 1/2 years.  Didn't seem to have an adverse reaction to the Tylenol.  I'm grateful for that anyway.

Has anyone experienced a urinary problem like this?  If so, did it go away?  What did you do for treatment?  I am losing my mind and my will to go on.  This has been such a blow to me at this point.  I am between a rock and hard place.  Again.  I can't live with this discomfort, and I can't envision any medical treatment that won't make me worse.

Since my cessation of the ABs, after the UTI, I have had an increase in other symptoms that seem to cycle pretty fast, leaving me with some times of relief.  My buzzing and numb arms have come back, my painful upper back spasms have returned, my neck stiffness has intensified, my Benzo-flu feelings have returned, my temperature fluctuations have increased, my weight is going down once more, and my anxiety in the mornings border on panic some days, and even in the late afternoons.  All of this is doable and predictable to me.  But the urinary pain is new to me and unbearable.

I know about uva ursi, but am averse to taking it.  As well as AZO.  But if these things are my options, I will consider them.  Not sure if my situation is appropriate for them.  I hate the idea of visiting yet another doctor (I swore off doctors long ago; my trust in them is almost non-existant), but I will have to resort to a urologist, I imagine, in order to rule some things out.  Trouble is, I can't imagine that a cystoscoopy won't make my pain worse, if just for the short-term.  And every cystopscopy runs the risk of contracting another UTI.  I can hardly contemplate another AB.  And there is always the question of anesthetic safety during the procedure.  Not to mention trying to educate one more skeptical doctor.  And how do I address my current condition without giving my relevant history?

Up until this last constant burning urethral thing, I had convinced myself that the muscle spasms everywhere in my urinary tract were something that would eventually resolve with time.  Now I'm not sure what is going on.

Does anyone have anything helpful to give me some guidance in this thing?!  I really need some help here.  I am really struggling.

Thanks for being there.  I hope someone can relate.

Update:

Well today it seems that the clinic made a mistake.  I had been pushing for them to culture my last urine sample, but they had been telling me that it was clear and a culture wasn't warranted.  Turns out they went ahead and did the culture anyway.  Low and behold, I have an e. coli UTI!

I am now on Macrobid, again, as it was a good match for my bacteria.  I hate Macrobid, but am resigned to go through with the 5 days.  Don't know why my persistent UTI symptoms, in the face of what seemed like a clear sample, weren't taken into serious consideration before.  Shakes my faith in the testing, unfortunately.

I have started the AB course, and feel much better after 1 pill.  So far.  To think that I had been suffering for a couple weeks with these pains when I maybe didn't have to if the clinic had taken the time to perform a culture back then when they knew that I was still symptomatic.  And I have been wracking my brain all this time trying to figure out why I was still not feeling well.  And even feeling worse.

Now to see if this AB can clear up the whole mess.  If I still feel lousy after this one, I'm not sure where I'll be, but I'm hopeful that it will take care of things.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Fingers crossed.  I pray that the AB doesn't give me a significant setback in the process.

One note about the Macrobid so far:

that first pill sent me into a tailspin for a couple hours.  I was so wired I wasn't sure I'd be able to continue with 9 more pills.  And my arms and torso were so rigid that my arms were almost numb and I couldn't draw a deep breath.  But after a couple hours like that, it suddenly fell away, and I've been relatively calm and free of muscle spasms.  In another 45 min I take my second pill.  We'll see what kind of reaction I get from that.  I wonder if my reaction had something to do with the Herxing from the bacteria that were being attacked?  I do remember from having taken this AB the first go-round in fighting this UTI that I always felt some better right before it was time for the next pill, and then feeling lousiest right after each dose.  I expect something like that this time.  We'll see.

I'm just happy that the solution for my current troubles might not be as difficult to solve as I had feared.  And I feel like I might sleep better tonight at least.  Like I said -- fingers crossed.

Sorry for leading anyone astray with my previous post.  It wasn't intentional.  May we all see the tunnel's end, sooner rather than later!

Update:

Well today it seems that the clinic made a mistake.  I had been pushing for them to culture my last urine sample, but they had been telling me that it was clear and a culture wasn't warranted.  Turns out they went ahead and did the culture anyway.  Low and behold, I have an e. coli UTI!

I am now on Macrobid, again, as it was a good match for my bacteria.  I hate Macrobid, but am resigned to go through with the 5 days.  Don't know why my persistent UTI symptoms, in the face of what seemed like a clear sample, weren't taken into serious consideration before.  Shakes my faith in the testing, unfortunately.

I have started the AB course, and feel much better after 1 pill.  So far.  To think that I had been suffering for a couple weeks with these pains when I maybe didn't have to if the clinic had taken the time to perform a culture back then when they knew that I was still symptomatic.  And I have been wracking my brain all this time trying to figure out why I was still not feeling well.  And even feeling worse.

Now to see if this AB can clear up the whole mess.  If I still feel lousy after this one, I'm not sure where I'll be, but I'm hopeful that it will take care of things.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Fingers crossed.  I pray that the AB doesn't give me a significant setback in the process.

One note about the Macrobid so far:

that first pill sent me into a tailspin for a couple hours.  I was so wired I wasn't sure I'd be able to continue with 9 more pills.  And my arms and torso were so rigid that my arms were almost numb and I couldn't draw a deep breath.  But after a couple hours like that, it suddenly fell away, and I've been relatively calm and free of muscle spasms.  In another 45 min I take my second pill.  We'll see what kind of reaction I get from that.  I wonder if my reaction had something to do with the Herxing from the bacteria that were being attacked?  I do remember from having taken this AB the first go-round in fighting this UTI that I always felt some better right before it was time for the next pill, and then feeling lousiest right after each dose.  I expect something like that this time.  We'll see.

I'm just happy that the solution for my current troubles might not be as difficult to solve as I had feared.  And I feel like I might sleep better tonight at least.  Like I said -- fingers crossed.

Sorry for leading anyone astray with my previous post.  It wasn't intentional.  May we all see the tunnel's end, sooner rather than later!

I think you’re very brave after the reaction you got. I would have been too scared to continue. Good for you. It will all turn out okay. I need to work on my fear of things. I need an upper endoscopy badly and scared of anesthesia.

Niners,

Looking at your signature we have something in common. I had a bad reaction from a CBD gummy...ended up in the hospital as well. A serious traumatic experience as docs did not acknowledge it and said I had a "psychogenic seizure." The gummy had 5 percent THC in it and my PCP told me it was fine to take. What happened to you if you don't mind me asking?

Niners,

Looking at your signature we have something in common. I had a bad reaction from a CBD gummy...ended up in the hospital as well. A serious traumatic experience as docs did not acknowledge it and said I had a "psychogenic seizure." The gummy had 5 percent THC in it and my PCP told me it was fine to take. What happened to you if you don't mind me asking?

I took a few drops of cannabis in a syringe for pain. It had whole plant and obviously too much thc. It was horrific. I had never tried any cannabis before.

Niners,

I took 2 CBD gummies last night in hopes to sleep.  Bad idea.  Brought me back to acute.  Off benzos almost two months from short term use.  Struggling to figure out how to sleep. 

Well I am back with another update:

I have 3 pills to go to finish out my 5 days of Macrobid.  It has been hell, mostly.  I understand that most people who have had the struggles with it that I have had stopped and switched.  I did send a clinic portal message to my provider 2 days ago asking about this but never heard back.  It is now the weekend, so I will just forge ahead to the end and hope it turns out well.

I have not been doing well with this drug this time around.  I WISH I had an alternative to it, but I don't see a good one.  Stop and DON'T start another AB?  Start another -- Z-Pack, maybe?  Can't do another urine test for 7-14 days after tomorrow (the last day of my course).  Trouble is, I still feel the urethral twinging that I thought signaled the UTI to begin with.  The bladder cramps have gone, and no burning when I pee, but the twinging is still there.  It almost went away a couple days ago, but not so today.  And my anxiety and torso muscle, including upper back,cramping is almost too much to bear.

I feel that I have no choice, so I soldier on.  I worry about the underlying CNS damage that is being done while I go through this nasty process, but if there is long-term damage it is probably too late to stop now.  I sound fatalistic, don't I?  I feel doomed and hopeless and helpless in the face of this little bacteria that has invaded my urinary tract.  And the teeny drug that I took for only 8 months around 3 years ago.

I know that part of my gloomy viewpoint is due to the depleted gut microbiome that is affecting my mental health right now.  Don't know what to do about that.  This is my 3rd course of ABx and I suppose there is no way to expect my gut to withstand 3 broad spectrum biologics in such a short time.  I know what I can do AFTER the AB is done, but there isn't much that can be done DURING treatment.  I wait til the mid-point between the 2 doses every day to consume my yogurt and salt-cured pickles and prebiotic foods, in order to give my biome the best chance at reparing now in spite of the the drug that is attacking them, but it can't be enough.  Anything is better than nothing, and I need to feel proactive.  I just wish I could feel that the UTI has gotten beat.  That would at least make me believe that this suffering is worthwhile.

I know I tend to overthink things.  I know that my Benzo brain tends to lie to me.  I know that I shouldn't borrow trouble, but should wait until I come up to a bridge before trying to cross it.  But my fear is so strong today.  My feeling of being trapped is almost overwhelming.  The drug is messing with my anxiety and pushes me toward panic.

Week after next I have 2 Dr. appointments:  first with a urologist; next day with a new GP that I am hoping to use as my primary care physician.  Can't do another urine test until then (otherwise the AB will mess with the results).  If nothing else, I should be able to rule out SOME things.  I hope.  Best case scenario:  the doctor/tests will reveal the UTI is gone, and nothing else seems to be wrong, either.  Of course, even if nothing appears to be infected or untoward, and I still have the uncomfortable urethral twinging and even a return of the bladder cramps, I will still have to figure out a way to live with the discomfort until time decides to take them away. 

Something I learned about Macrobid today:  it hits everyone differently, it seems.  Some folks don't have much of any symptoms.  Others have allergic reactions.  Others have terrible cramping and nausea and fatigue and what not.  Someone said that the drug can mess with hormones and feel like menstrual cramps even in post-menopausal women (confirming what I have been feeling on and off this week).  And literature says that Macrobid leaves your system in 5 hours or less, even though literature also says that it continues to work for days afterwards.  But maybe that last point is true for every AB.  Hence, the need to wait before getting a confirmation urine test.  I do know that I can feel myself feeling better every time when I reach the hour for the next pill.  And that would be 12 hours between pills.  Some people have also said that they felt lousy for days after their last pill.  I haven't heard that anyone did NOT recover (referring to average people, not Benzo people), so that is encouraging.

I am telling myself that since the Macrobid messes so much with muscle cramping all over my body (and it seems to cycle to a different place with each pill), why not the bladder and urethra?  Only helps a little to think that because believing that doesn't eliminate the discomfort.  One thing that DOES help, though, that others might find helplful in their own instances, is that my sciatic/bottom of the spine area is stiff and sore and by massaging that area, I can help with the bladder pain immensely.  Maybe not the urethral pain, but at least that's something that can give some relief.  This makes me think that a certain amount of my discomfort is related to the pelvic muscles.  Something I have read about from others on this site.  Don't know what to think about my inflamed crotch area, but I tell myself that this is the result of drug-induced inflammation.  Don't have itching or pain when I pee, and have no trouble peeing, so does that mean that it is just nerve sensitivity there?

In any case, I apply ice packs and heat packs and spend most of my time lying down trying to distract binge-watching BONES, while I wait for tomorrow night and I can take my last hellish pill.  And then:  what will next week bring?  A nasty setback?  A nasty wave?  Or increasing wellness?  I do get tired of this waiting game.  It is sapping all my reserves, again, to get through this.  No choice but to move forward.  One foot in front of the other.  Tackling one "challenge" and then the next.  I commiserate with you all.  I admire the courage and fortitude of all of you!  Life can be good at times.  And, lately for me, life is not so great.  But I WILL get there again!  I WILL come out on top!  Pray for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Stillticking, my heart about stopped when I saw that you were considering a Z-pack.  Azithromycin is the drug that caused the worst sxs I have ever experienced and that was while I was still on Clonazapam.  They left me bedridden, almost blind, not able to balance without holding on to a wall and I was incorrectly dx'd with spinal meningitis.  I had taken it for about three days before I got hit out of the blue.  It totally wiped out my GABA producing gut bacteria.  I could have updosed the C at that time and probably would have been ok but I didn't know benzos were my problem.  I do think if I had taken some GABA supporting probiotics, this would have helped immensely.  I believe there are several reasons AB's,  in general,  act differently in everybody is because of #1, the length of time we've been on benzos, SSRI's or SNRI's, #2,  the health of our gut biome at the time, the type of AB we are given (some kill more neurobiotics more efficiently than others) and the #4, I believe the longer we take these AB's the more harm they do, especially if we don't introduce some new good cultures while the bad bacteria are being destroyed.  I have been told my my ND that it  is great to take probiotics while taking AB's, just several hours apart so that good bacteria can be reintroduced asap.

I've posted about  some neurobiotics that I am taking now and have been for a while.  For taking 2 mg of clonazapam, I feel like I'm doing pretty good at 4 years off (in one week!!!) 

I wish you the best and hope you can resolve these terrible symptoms soon.

klonkar

Oh, Klonkar!  How sweet of you to write.  I do appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

I agree with you.  Lots of things can affect how we react to meds.  ESPECIALLY meds.  I visit the urologist in the early afternoon tomorrow.  Can't say I am not terrified.  Actually, I have been to a local chiropractor a couple times, too, this morning being the second visit.  She has some neurology background, so is a good one to visit with CNS damage.  She is totally convinced that my UTI-like symptoms are anxiety-caused, and NOT a real UTI.  She believes that the stress of the Benzo situation can easily cause UTI symptoms without being a UTI.  That would explain why I never seemed to be without those symptoms during and after all 3 courses of ABx.  It's all about the body clenching to protect that area that was infected and in pain, causing inflammation and cramping.  And explains my temperature variation, as the body is sending extra blood to that vulnerable area.  Since I have had a couple adjustments from her, now, I have been experiencing cramping relief.  In fact, today I even took a long walk around the extended neighborhood and still feel OK.

The biggest obstacle for me is my stress levels due to my intense terror of finding out that I have another UTI.  I hate being my own worst enemy.  Can't believe that 3 courses of ABx wouldn't be enough to kill a horse, much less e. coli.  But my crazy brain keeps me doubting and obsessing and fearing.  It only serves to put me further into a setback, but I can't seem to help it.  I get to the point where I wonder how I can find a way to soldier on, you know what I mean?  Hard to tell how much my revved up fears and anxiety are the result of my Benzo body reacting to the ABx, and how much from my own stupid brain.  In any event, I was out in orbit this morning with my fear level.  The chiropractor put my mind at ease.  At least right up until my scheduled appointment tomorrow (smile).  Then I imagine I will have an impossible time keeping my emotions in check.  But we'll see.

I sure hope I find that my UTI is gone, that I have no yeast infection or vaginal bacterial infection, or masses, or anything!  IS that too much to hope for?  I have anal soreness and burning, as well as some rawness and blood, now too, (sorry) from all the tenderness.  And my urethra is still weird.  One thing I have noticed every day is that the symptoms improve greatly by evening.  My anxiety always goes down significantly by that time, so it would figure that my girlie-part symptoms would also be less, if they are caused by stress.  A real UTI wouldn't fade, would it?

My biggest fear is that the urologist will be difficult.  That he will scoff at the Benzo recovery idea, and will scoff at my wanting to avoid anything invasive at this time (just don't think I could handle any further risk of contracting another UTI, and my poor under 100-pound body couldn't tolerate one more AB at this time), and will push for tests and meds that I don't want.  I dread having to defend myself on top of all my other discomfort.  But I want so badly to rule out some issues that I am willing to go through with this appointment.  Sigh.  I am afraid that I will freak out too much when the appointment time rolls nearer and I will have lost my perspective and seem like a crazy woman to him.  Lately, with the increased symptoms following all the ABx, I can't control my anxiety like I could a month ago.  It is so easy to lose my way at the moment.

Thanks for the response.  I am SO TERRIBLY GLAD that you are doing so well!  Lots of prayers and encouragement to you!  Send a prayer for me for tomorrow, can you?  I'll do my best, but we all know how fickle our brains can be at times.  Hang in there.  One foot in front of the other is the only way to the finish line.  Thanks, again, for caring.

Stillticking:  My pleasure to write today.  I think you've found a great chiropractor and so have I.  She has been helping break up muscle adhesions in scar tissue in my neck at the site of a cancer surgery and along with massaging frozen muscles in my scalp.  She, too, understands how neurological damage can affect every organ in our body.  I've had so many weird symptoms like miserable aching hip joints, just show up one day and then disappear a few days later.  It seems like these random symptoms are usually stress/anxiety related  which I interpret as glutamate overload.  It's fantastic that you've been able to take some nice long walks.  I think moving is everything in health and if nothing else, I force myself to get up and walk somewhere every day.

It seems like our pain levels always feel so much worse than if we were 'normal' so I am hoping that the pain you feel is trumped up and things aren't as bad as they feel. 

If your urologist gives you any guff and doesn't believe you, I've attached a link here that I've given to more than one doctor who thinks my sxs are all in my head.  There is a CDC code for withdrawal symptoms and I always insist doctors add it to my chart and bill using this code, at least in part.  So here it is with their explanation. 

Here is what is in the body of the dc code: F13.239 specifically reads: Sedative, hypnotic, dependence with withdrawal, unspecified

Benzodiazepine dependence or addiction is where one has developed one or more of either tolerance, withdrawal symptoms, drug seeking behaviors, such as continued use despite harmful effects, and maladaptive pattern of substance use, according to the DSMLV.  In the case of benzodiazepine dependence, however, the continued use seems to be associated with the avoidance of unpleasant withdrawal reaction rather than from the pleasurable effects of the drug.  Benzodiazepine dependence develops with long term use, even at low therapeutic doses, without the described dependence behavior.

You sound like a tough cookie  :oXo: and, like with me, things will get better and stress won't affect you as much, the longer you are off.  And, indeed, I will say prayers for you that your appointment goes well and that you will have the ability to stay calm while explaining your situation to this doctor. 

Thank you for sharing your story.

Klonkar

Thanks, Klonkar!  Helpful to me.

This is the next day, now, and I found that the doctor was kind of grandfatherly-type.  He told me some things about the bladder and the ABx that I didn't know, which is good.  But he didn't do any test other than the urine test.

Got the urine test results and both the dip test and the microscopic test were abnormal!  My stomach dropped to the floor.  I was devastated.  I'm afraid I had an over-reaction to it all.  Knew better, but couldn't seem to help it.  It seemed like my worst fears realized.  Then I looked closer at the tests, and they showed negative nitrites and negative bacteria.  The abnormal designation comes from trace blood, raised ketones, small amt of WBC, and I can't remember the last one, now (sorry).  From what I can determine, all of these markers can indicate inflammation not necessarily caused by infection.  And it appears that I have no infection.  I sent a message to the doctor, via the portal, asking about what this really means.  I am SO HOPING that he does NOT want to use ABx, again!  I think I would refuse at this point, anyway.  Dare I?

I am feeling so doomed.  And afraid.  I want a life to live.  Not a life to endure.  But such is not our lot in life, is it?  And, so, now today my cramping-burning pain is through the roof once more.  I need so badly to get some hope.  Pray for me, OK?

Thanks for being an ear !

• 1 month later...

Hello to all.  I came down with a very bad yeast infection under my breasts three weeks ago, and after trying both Nystatin powder and cream which did not clear it up, I was prescribed one 150 mg. dose of Diflucan, which is a strong anti-fungal.  I took the one dose two weeks ago and am now suffering with extreme head pain and benzo flu like symptoms.  I also have been using a cream called Clotrimazole and Betamethasone (a steroid) to make sure the infection is totally gone.  I am supposed to continue with the cream until Friday. 

I feel like I am in a really bad wave with extreme headaches and overall sickish.  Has anyone else had a bad reaction to Diflucan, and if so how long did your wave last?

Here’s to more healing!

Hugs,

GG