I really can’t do this any more

[of...]

That was awesome RadDad!  I am very happy you shared that with us.  Give your wife a big HIGH FIVE for helping.  This is so tricky but what I do know is the med that you were trying to get off was Benzo so mission accomplished?  And I am on Prozac as well and was feeling bad about having to be on it but you definitely helped me to relax about it. Thanks!

Where would we be if not for the strength of women?  :)

A million times wiser and more intuitive than men by a long shot.

I am pretty good at lifting heavy things and doing yard work. So she keeps me around.

Love and hugs to any buddie going through a rough patch.

No one here is alone. Always reach out if needed and ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS allow yourself a break. Nothing is absolute. The way you feel now is not either. It will pass.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [se...]

• [up...]

• [Ma...]

Cold packs .. back of neck and chest .. and talk to yourself .. You can do this.  You will get thru this .  You have the healing energy of God flowing through you.  say it over and over .  Move your big muscles ..  walk in place .. swing your arms .. do something .. it will distract your brain.

Take deep breaths in through your nose and out your mouth.

Slowly look around you and find 5 things you can see

4 things you can touch

3 things you can hear.

then 2 things you can smell (or 2 smells you like).

then 1 emotion you feel.

I don’t know why but this has worked for me in the past temporarily grounds you.

I haven’t really been able to reply but I just wanted to thank everyone for their love, kindness and support. I send my love and hope for healing back to you all. And I’ve said prayers for you ..everyone on this forum.

I see my family dr on Thursday.

I Havent been able to get back on an ssri because my physical symptoms got worse when I tried....if I could I would in a minute

So not sure what she can do but she is very kind and supportive

I haven’t really been able to reply but I just wanted to thank everyone for their love, kindness and support. I send my love and hope for healing back to you all. And I’ve said prayers for you ..everyone on this forum.

I Havent been able to get back on an ssri because my physical symptoms got worse when I tried....if I could I would in a minute

Ask her for a prescription for a massage, physical treatment, osteopathic treatment - or other things she can give you instead of meds. Or maybe she knows a good therapist (needs to be anti med of course..and benzo wise) - or she just listens - that can help, too.

I have been on that road .. its hard.. its much better now, and so it will be for you. for now its just taking it minute by minute, day by day.. sorry that it is that way, really..

I hope it goes well for you, offandon.  Maybe just having an Rx ready filled for you in case you'd like to try again.  Taking the opportunity to review your symptoms again with her might be a good idea as well.  Best.

Putting you on abilify if you suffer from restlessnes and anxiety etc is crazy, it revs up everything unless you have a psychotic slow depression

Seroquel if you ask me is much more a catch all and one of the most relaxing possesing even anxiolytic effects and would soothe benzo tapering x10 vs abilify.

Im not a doctor

Had a couple of really severe panic attacks last night. Thought I was gone.

Almost went to the ER but last time they wouldn’t accept me because they said they don’t do benzo problems but its not that! I was in such a terrible depressed dizzy panicked state back in August and they wouldn’t accept me.

There is no way this little reduction is causing all this.

I pray it doesn’t happen tonight.

I see my dr tomorrow and I’m going to see if she can get me admitted as a psych patient.

Thank you everyone for you continued love, prayers, and support.  ❤️

I live in terror of the rain and dark early nights right now and it’s like this everyday in WA state.

Are you able to count?

I find counting down over and over from 10 to 0 helpful.

Don’t force it. Don’t hope for it all to stop just simply count at a rate that feels right for you. If you start to panic or have horrible thoughts just let it happen but as soon as you remember try to begin counting again.

Also I sometimes find listening to this helps:

My thoughts are with you. I hope they can help you.

I am feeling similar, but have done the hospital stay, so run out of options,  that doesn't mean they can't help you though

Just got to hope that things get better,

A little sleep would help me thinks

My thoughts are with you. I hope they can help you.

I am feeling similar, but have done the hospital stay, so run out of options,  that doesn't mean they can't help you though

Just got to hope that things get better,

A little sleep would help me thinks

My thoughts and prayers are with you too Chinchuk. My fear is there are no options too, but I’m trying to believe there are always options. My family is growing tired of reassuring me. I still believe because yours was short term even tho the sufferings is no less you will get better. ❤️

Are you able to count?

I find counting down over and over from 10 to 0 helpful.

Don’t force it. Don’t hope for it all to stop just simply count at a rate that feels right for you. If you start to panic or have horrible thoughts just let it happen but as soon as you remember try to begin counting again.

Also I sometimes find listening to this helps:

Thank you Ajusta. All I can do is try to pace, big movements,  and breathe it away. ❤️

My goal is not to be med free. I’m being realistic. Benzo free yes, but med free I don’t see as a possibility for me.

If I was younger and my distorted thought patterns weren’t so ingrained in a groove...med free is what I would hope for. I think amazing things can be accomplished with neuroplasticity.

I am searching for quality of life too at this point.

I'm glad you're doing what's best for you, offandon.  Everyone's different and nobody can know what you're going through.  I'll be here to support.

I have come to learn that it really isn't a matter of how long you are on these brain altering drugs, but more how sensitive we are. For some unknown reason we are, . But thank you for the reassurance. We both have to fight on. These drugs are sneaky, They tell us lies and we listen. I hope if you do decide to go to hospital, that they manage to help. I will be thinking of you. At least you will get a thorough health check if nothing else, and stay in control of anything they wish to give you. I spent half an hour arguing with a nurse about a dose of citalopram, 10mg. I had tried it the day before and I went crazy, dry heaves for well over an hour. I was not about to take some more. Ha!, None compliant that's me. I also  wondered why they would not let me go off the ward, well it seems, that 99% were on a section. I was voluntary. They must have thought I was mad. I escaped, that showed them. You have to see the funny side, even if they ruined my taper.

Remember you are in control, and think only of getting well. 

Thank you seltz, chin, Ajusta ❤️

I honestly don’t know what “well” looks like anymore. I’ve been in tolerance for so many years ...I can’t imagine what healed looks like. 😢

Offandon, can I ask: have you been doing a cut and hold taper or daily reductions?

I totally get it about the rain and dark. I am so ready for it to be over. When we had a few days of sun, I almost got myself sick by spending too much time out in the cold, trying to make the most of it. But there will be more days like those, here and there, and the darkness will come to an end. In the meantime: distract, distract, distract.

Offandon, can I ask: have you been doing a cut and hold taper or daily reductions?

I totally get it about the rain and dark. I am so ready for it to be over. When we had a few days of sun, I almost got myself sick by spending too much time out in the cold, trying to make the most of it. But there will be more days like those, here and there, and the darkness will come to an end. In the meantime: distract, distract, distract.

I was doing a micro taper but came to a standstill about 2 1/3 weeks go when the severe unreality terror stuff started

[22...]
Hi and very sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time!  Have you talked to your doctor about gradually moving over to and stabilizing on valium?  i have heard tapering drugs like klonopin and xanax are nearly impossible to do without constant interdose withdrawal.  the valium helped me tremendously because of its longer half life.  it may be worth looking into.  hope you are feeling better soon.  also exercise - no matter how small - helps so much.  endorphins are amazing things.

Hi and very sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time!  Have you talked to your doctor about gradually moving over to and stabilizing on valium?  i have heard tapering drugs like klonopin and xanax are nearly impossible to do without constant interdose withdrawal.  the valium helped me tremendously because of its longer half life.  it may be worth looking into.  hope you are feeling better soon.  also exercise - no matter how small - helps so much.  endorphins are amazing things.

We talked about it but thought it’d be able to taper from the klon. It’s still an option. Just worried I’ll be worse. Didn’t start from a very stable place. Not planning on tapering anymore until I can get thru some of this winter.

The dp dr has gotten so bad lately. May start lamictal. Scared to start because of the rash.

[22...]
even if you aren't going to taper any more any time soon i urge you to talk to your doc about moving over to an equivalent dose of valium because i assure you it will help! it is worth the effort.  keeping you in my thoughts!

even if you aren't going to taper any more any time soon i urge you to talk to your doc about moving over to an equivalent dose of valium because i assure you it will help! it is worth the effort.  keeping you in my thoughts!

Thank you mike.

My whole family is now basically furious at me because I’m scared to try the lamictal. The rash possibility is terrifying.