Cold Turky twice WITHOUT WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS

[be...]

Being rude or presenting random references won't magically make you right. It was you that said that only a low percentage of people present withdrawal, so show me the data behind your numbers. You can't, right? That's because your numbers are just a supposition and, therefore, may be totally wrong.

Are you really that dense?  What part of 20-40% don't you understand?  Or were you absent the day they taught math at school?  Obviously you can't READ nor comprehend anything at all.  The burden of proof is on you not me, and I said Benzos are the Bane of Man's Existence and yet you insist I am defending those that make and prescribe them.  And maybe the moon is made of green cheese too. 

You are not going to get me to argue for Benzos, however, the medial community does not even recognize withdrawal:

Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) is a set of persistent impairments that occur after withdrawal from alcohol,[1][2] opiates, benzodiazepines, antidepressants and other substances.[3][4][5] Infants born to mothers who used substances of dependence during pregnancy may also experience a post-acute withdrawal syndrome.[6][7] While post-acute withdrawal syndrome has been reported by those in the recovery community, there have been few scientific studies supporting its existence.[8] Because of this, the disorder is not recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders[9] or major medical associations.

References

Stephen Rich J, Martin PR (2014). "Co-occurring psychiatric disorders and alcoholism". Handb Clin Neurol. 125: 573–88. doi:10.1016/B978-0-444-62619-6.00033-1. PMID 25307597.

Miller FT (Mar–Apr 1994). "Protracted alcohol withdrawal delirium". J Subst Abuse Treat. 11 (2): 127–30. doi:10.1016/0740-5472(94)90029-9. PMID 8040915.

Collier, Judith; Longmore, Murray (2003). "4". In Scally, Peter. Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties (6 ed.). Oxford University Press. p. 366. ISBN 978-0-19-852518-9.

Ashton H (1991). "Protracted withdrawal syndromes from benzodiazepines". J Subst Abuse Treat. benzo.org.uk. 8 (1–2): 19–28. doi:10.1016/0740-5472(91)90023-4. PMID 1675688.

Wu JM; Wei DY; Luo YF; Xiang XY (November 2003). "[Clinic research on heroin de-addiction effects of acupuncture and its potentiality of preventing relapse]". Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 1 (4): 268–72. doi:10.3736/jcim20030412. PMID 15339529.

Lejeune C; Floch-Tudal C; Montamat S; Crenn-Hebert C; Simonpoli AM (March 1997). "[Management of drug addict pregnant women and their children]". Arch Pediatr. 4 (3): 263–70. doi:10.1016/S0929-693X(97)87247-8. PMID 9181022.

Gaillard MC; Borruat FX (April 2002). "[New finding: transitory horizontal pendular nystagmus secondary to neonatal abstinence syndrome]". Klin Monatsbl Augenheilkd. 219 (4): 317–9. doi:10.1055/s-2002-30650. PMID 12022028.

Satel SL (May 1993). "Should protracted withdrawal from drugs be included in DSM-IV?". American Journal of Psychiatry. 150 (5): 695–704. doi:10.1176/ajp.150.5.695. PMID 8097618.

"Symptoms & Treatments of Mental Disorders". psychcentral.com. Retrieved 2014-10-01.

Good luck living in your fantasy world of delusional thinking.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ma...]

• [Th...]

• [ea...]

• [By...]

Show me the numbers for a percentage higher than 20-40%?  You can't, right?  So all you have is fantasy. Call it rude, or whatever you want, but you are clueless and that needs to be called out.  Show me in the copy of my previous post below where I say "small minority" and promote Benzo makers and prescribers?  You can't because it's not there and anyone with eyes that can see and brain that works can clearly figure that out.

@[Ma...]

No, I misread your signature.  That doesn't make me wrong.  I am not defending Benzos.  They are one of the worst drugs ever made and never should be prescribed unless they can save a person's life.  But apparently you read what you want as I already said this in my previous post.  I was "attacked" many times on the Insomnia forum for suggesting all Rx drugs, not just Benzos, should be avoided like a person would avoid rat poison.  Many people pushed for taking other drugs during withdrawal on the insomnia forum and I always argued against that until I was told by the moderators it was against forum rules to tell people what to do.  If you would bother to read any of my posts on the insomnia board, which is where I do almost all my posting, you would learn that I am anti Rx drugs for anything; even OTC pain killers.

What I am disagreeing with is your false narrative that almost all people that take Benzos experience some type of withdrawal.  I am attacking your posturing and rhetoric without any proof.  You have nothing to offer to support your position other than your own personal beliefs and then you jump to your own false conclusions.  I said 20-40% of people that take Benzos experience some type of withdrawal.  That is NOT a small minority.  A small minority is less than 5%.

ADs can cause just as many problems as Benzos, so you sound like you are defending taking ADs during withdrawal!  ADs should be avoided like rat poison too.

I could easily say 50% or more of all the people that take Benzos get some type of withdrawal, but I have nothing to support that.  I would love to say 100% of the people that take Benzos have some type of withdrawal as I wish they would completely stop prescribing them, but again, I have nothing to support that.

I am anti-Benzo but that doesn't give me the right to make false claims about a drug that I believe is the bane of man's existence!

You have zero proof of anything yet argue that I don't have any proof when I presented WAY more proof than you did.  It's not a random reference and even if it were, those "random references" I provided are better than your ZERO references and ZERO proof.

I have first hand knowledge talking to Dr. Coleman from the Coleman Institute in Virginia and another Dr. Coleman (Psychiatrist) from a counseling center in Wisconsin.  Both are intimately familiar with Benzo and other drug withdrawal and both directly told me from patient, doctor, and their EXPERIENCE that BWD affects about 20-40% of the users that take them PAST the recommended guideline of 2-4 weeks of use.

Guys, no one really knows about this. Proper studies have not been done. This is NOT worth arguing about.

I have been a member here for 6 years. I have also read widely on the entire subject of benzo WD. What I gleaned was that only a small percentage of people have AWFUL withdrawals. When I say awful, I mean TRULY bad, and my own withdrawal fits that description. I have met few people here on BB who had such an awful WD. What I have read and learned over these long years is that the majority of people get off benzos with little or NO trouble. But there are just a few unlucky souls who have a simply awful time getting off benzos. BB tends to attract (IMO) a certain sort of person. Intelligent, fairly well educated, fluent and well versed in most things psychological. There are SO many other people out there who never find their way here, or are unable to.

Whatever. It does seem top be, IMO, that only a small percentage of people have EPICALLY awful withdrawals. But you know what? If as person has ANY awful WD symptoms, they just feel terrible.

Describing WD is difficult to do no matter how educated one is. I STILL cannot adequately describe what I went through. Most of us just muddle through it as best as we can. Hopefully, you do make it through and truly heal. THAT is what matters.

east

I'm referring to the many people that took or are still taking benzos for years/months. But the point here is not what you BELIEVE, although the fact that you say you believe that I'm frustrated with my withdrawal when I've already told you that's not the case (I'm almost healed after using ativan for 20 years, tapering for one year and jumping three months ago), shows that you have no consistency. The point is that you claim to KNOW that "Lots of people take Benzos for years and quit without any symptoms or withdrawal" and you have no PROOF of that, which means you can be totally wrong.

This and the way you behave here also makes me suspect you are defending benzo prescribers/producers. Saying here at BB and without any proof that people that have problems with benzo withdrawal are just an exception is so demeaning that only a troll would do it.

PS - I don't have time to respond to every insulting post you make here, at least immediately

Hi East,

What I was mainly pointing out was the false narrative in her posts regarding my posts.  She kept saying that I was promoting Benzo makers and Benzo prescribers and saying I said only a "small minority" gets withdrawal  when I NEVER said any of that.  It reminded me of a lying politician that thinks if they keep saying the same thing over and over, people will eventually believe it.

I think she is frustrated with her withdrawal, still on an AD that could be causing other issues, so she wants to lash out at anyone who doesn't agree with her incorrect, unverified, unproven thinking that almost everyone that takes Benzos goes through some type of withdrawal.  I personally know 4 people that took different Benzos way past the 2-4 week recommendation and jumped CT and had ZERO withdrawal.

So it is worth talking about.  Benzos are an evil drug, but many can get away with taking them for years and come off without any issues.  Having said that does NOT promote Benzos and it does not mean only "small minority" get withdrawal.

How childish and ridiculous you are. If you are serious about being anti-benzo, stop saying things like "Lots of people take Benzos for years and quit without any symptoms or withdrawal". This kind of statement shifts the blame from those who produce / prescribe those meds to those that get sick from taking them. And there is absolutely no proof that things are like that.

Also, I'm getting better not after three months but after fifteen months (one year tapering plus three months post jump).

You are the one trolling this forum.  Why are you on a cold turkey forum when you didn't cold turkey?  What can you offer someone that has been through a cold turkey? ZERO!  Did you cold turkey?  No.  Are you a liar?  Yes!  Are you are Russian bot/troll?  Yes!

Are you a drug seeker?  Yes!  You tapered and are healing well after 3 months post taper so your only purpose here is to to cause division.  You are the mother of lies and when you lie you speak your native language.

I understand that decades of supporting Ativan makers and prescribers has caused permanent neurological alterations to your CNS. That explains why you live in a fantasy world of delusions, lies, deception, false narrative, posturing and psychotic behavior.  I feel sorry for you.  You promote AD and BENZO makers and prescribers and have for 2 decades.

Your decades of Ativan use has caused you to become permanently DELUSIONAL.  You BELIEVE what you want to BELIEVE without any proof.  It's OK, drugs will do that to a person.

I already told you that I DON'T support Benzos and that they should ONLY be prescribed if they can save a person's life.  But apparently you don't have any idea what that means?  It means the person will die.  That means they will no longer breath or have a pulse and will no longer be among the living.

You could have a great career as a politician, they are mostly liars.  You keep repeating the SAME LIES about what I think about Benzos even after I said they are the BANE of man's existence.  Maybe you should Google the word "Bane" so you know what that means.

And the fact that you believe I support Benzos when I told you I don't shows you have ZERO consistency and live in a fantasy world of lies and psychotic thinking.  It works both ways, but obviously the AD you are still on is affecting your judgement? 

If you are such an expert why did you stay on Ativan for almost 20 years including your taper?  Why did you support Benzo makers and prescribers for close to 20 years?  Why are you still supporting AD makers and prescribers?

Why did it take you 18 years to figure out Benzos are an evil drug and should not be taken for more than 2-4 weeks?  Your 20 years on Ativan PROVES that beyond a shadow of a doubt you support Benzo makers and prescribers.  You supported Benzo makers and prescribers for 20 years and now support Pfizer the maker of your current AD!

What part of 20-40% don't you understand?  That's not a minority.  Get out your calculator and try to wrap your mind around what 20-40% means...? 

For the Record:  I am anti-Benzo.  I support people getting off and staying off Benzos and ALL Rx drugs.  I am anti Big Pharma and anti drug.  I don't even believe in taking OTC pain killers and I don't believe in taking other Rx drugs to help get through withdrawal.  I know Benzo withdrawal is real.  I experienced it a lot longer than you did since you are already mostly healed after 3 months.  I don't know what percentage get Benzo withdrawal, but I know it is not everyone that takes Benzos PAST the recommended timeline of 2-4 weeks.

I would not wish Benzo withdrawal on my worst enemy!

But I understand your desire to stir the pot and cause division.  Your posts offer ZERO hope for anyone.  But that's what trolls and those that support the makers and prescribers of drugs do.

Maybe you should go find an AD forum you can go on and spread your lies and deception there? 

Almost all of my posts, except those to trolls like you, offer hope and are positive and encouraging.  I even have a retired physician say:

"As a retired physician I find your posts spot on especially those on insomnia. You time, effort, knowledge, and experience is very valued and appreciated."

Seriously..!!

I have a little saying that might be prudent...

" Just because I dont argue, doesnt make you right..." (usually best said quietly to myself)

Sometimes its best to leave a topic alone after stating ones thoughts...

(As I will now do, even though I do actually have a strong opinion on this..)

Proof you are a troll: you have a clear strategy of piking my words and trying to use them against me, even when that makes no sense or it's ridiculous.

May I remind you that all this started when you said that "Lots of people take Benzos for years and quit without any symptoms or withdrawal" and I said that:

• you have no proof that's true;
  • by repeating this kind of statement, you are playing the game of those that produce / prescribe those meds because you are shifting the blame to those that get sick from taking them.

Also, stop insulting me for being on an AD! You are on BB for gods sake!

Present people with facts and they resort to name calling.  You have ZERO proof for your outlandish claims, yet you still keep repeating them as if you repeat them enough people will begin to believe them?  But that's what bots/trolls are programmed to do.  Don't worry little troll, ADs will make you say and do nonsensical things.  Maybe stop trolling this forum?  You never did a cold turkey so why are you on the cold turkey forum?  Only to cause division!  What are you offering to the people on the cold turkey forum?  ZERO.  All of your posts on this thread were only made to provoke people to anger and to cover for your support of Benzo and AD makers and prescribers.  And you continue to support drug makers and prescribers by your current AD habit. 

How much stock do you own in Pfizer?

How does it make you feel to know that you have supported the Benzo that you say you hate for over 2 decades? 

So for 18 years you lived in ignorant bliss and then one day realized Ativan is bad?  Why aren't ADs bad?  Why are you still on one and why are you "planning" a taper from them?  That's like planning to run away from a person attacking you.  You run or you taper; your AD taper could have been planned years ago.  But you are "planning your taper" because you want to support AD makers and prescribers as long as you can!

Your support of Ativan makers and prescribers for 20 years speaks for itself!  You are a supporter of Benzos and it is evident by your signature.  If you knew they were bad, why did you  take them for 18 years and if you didn't know, well that's on you. 

And you are to blame for taking Ativan...no one forced Ativan down your throat.  And no one is forcing the AD you are currently on down your throat!  It took you 18 years to figure that out, but you didn't/couldn't do any research on the drug you claim you hate for 20 years and now you go on telling lies to try to deflect from the fact that you have supported Benzo makers and prescribers for over 2 decades and now support AD makers and prescribers.

I understand the guilt you must feel for supporting Benzos and ADs for the better part of your life.  But it won't help you remove the guilt and shame by trying to blame me and others for your support of Benzos and ADs for over 20 years! 

Please consider getting professional help as soon as possible?

Please consider stopping your undying support for Benzo and AD makers and prescribers!

Please consider avoiding any more Rx drugs.  You have been on drugs and promoting drug makers and prescribers for over 20 years!  Isn't that long enough?

Yes, I know Cantfly, you're right, I'll try to do just that!

Seriously..!!

I have a little saying that might be prudent...

" Just because I dont argue, doesnt make you right..." (usually best said quietly to myself)

Sometimes its best to leave a topic alone after stating ones thoughts...

(As I will now do, even though I do actually have a strong opinion on this..)

Proof you are a troll: you have a clear strategy of piking my words and trying to use them against me, even when that makes no sense or it's ridiculous.

May I remind you that all this started when you said that "Lots of people take Benzos for years and quit without any symptoms or withdrawal" and I said that:

• you have no proof that's true;
  • by repeating this kind of statement, you are playing the game of those that produce / prescribe those meds because you are shifting the blame to those that get sick from taking them.

Also, stop insulting me for being on an AD! You are on BB for gods sake!

That's your strategy that proves you are a troll that is controlled by permanent neurological adaptations to your CNS from your 20+ years of continued use of psycho active drugs and your continued use to this day.

You are playing the game because you are still on an AD. I am not insulting you for being on an AD.  Yes this is Benzo buddies...for getting off of Benzos, not ADs.  There are other forums for doing that.  I am merely pointing out that you still support AD makers and prescribers by still taking them.  I have been Benzo and drug free for 2 years 4+ months.  Yet, you claim that I am supporting Benzo makers and prescribers which is laughable.

Nice deflection, but it won't work.  Your only purpose for coming on a cold turkey forum as you never did a cold turkey was to lash out at everyone that said some people can get off of benzos without having withdrawal.

You need to stop telling me that I am promoting drugs when you are!  You took them for 20 years.  I took them for 3 months.  It's simple math.  360 months is 120 times longer than 3 months.  You supported Ativan makers and prescribers for 20+ years and now you are supporting AD makers and prescribers.  But you are "planning a taper" as if it is "rocket science!"

This site is for getting off of Benzos, not promoting them.  You have been a drug seeker and user for 20+ years and are a real supporter of Benzos and ADs for 20+ years that is trying to blame everyone but yourself for taking them.  You have in the past and continue to support drug makers and prescribers.  Lashing out at me will not make the facts change. 

You need to do the "mature" thing and take ownership for your own behavior.

Plus your own "recovery story" promotes long-term Ativan use.  If you can be on Ativan for 18 years, taper for 1 year and then be mostly healed in 3 months, that might give hope to someone wanting to stay on them long-term by thinking they can do the same thing you did...taper for 1 year and be mostly healed 3 months post-taper!

Theway, you need to calm down and step back..  And everyone else, please do not continue this arguement.  This kind of bickering disrupts the forum and it is against the rules.

Theway, you have no right to go after another member simply because they are on an a/d.  BB is not an anti medication forum

[4a...]

If you read the chain on this thread, she went after me first as no matter how many times I said I was anit-Benzo, Anti Rx drug, she kept on saying I was promoting Benzo makers and prescribers and was trolling this forum.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

ThEwAy2, you were already asked to stop now, and to let this thread return to its original topic.

If you have a problem with moderation, take it up at the Helpdesk, and stop hijacking this thread – otherwise, your posts will be reviewed before they even appear.

Thank goodness you both reacted, megan918 and the other one, though a little too late. I was wondering for the past several days where anyone from the administration team was (I saw the latter's name active on the website as magnesi was being insulted), still no one from administration came to magnesi's rescue. I was bullied by the latter one many times before, so I remained quiet, what a person. Thank you megan918 for catching the problem, but just so you know, magnesi should have never been insulted like that.

No Ginger127,

I never "bullied" you several times.  You have a long history of not telling the truth.  The only encounter we had is reposted below:  And you started it with your attack and insults. You even insulted my forum name.  Magnesi insulted me over and over again by saying I support Benzo makers and prescribers.  You and Magnesi ARE THE ONLY REASON I am leaving this forum!

Quote from: ginger127 on March 12, 2018, 12:56:49 am

I'm with magnesi on this one.  I remember some time ago, you ThEwAy2, (it pains me to type this name, with all these up and down characters, oy), have started a threat I think entitled 'If you have insomnia, you need read this," or something like that, if memory serves.  In it, you aggressively advocated a totally natural approach to sleep, and you were quite abrasive about it, you said that nothing will help and to stay away from anything for sleep, zero, not even natural supplements.  You stated it's all in people's heads, and to be strong and move on, etc.  And yet, as that thread developed, you adopted a totally different position, recommending this or that for sleep, and discussing it ad nauseam.  I found that very curious, to say the least, not to mention hypocritical on your part, and I haven't expressed my opinion about it until now.  Again, no pun intended.  Just my 2 cents.

I never said it was "all in people's heads"  If you want want to slander someone, come up with a better lie!  And I never adopted "another totally different position" again, another lie.  That was one person complaining about being "crucified" because she used Rx drugs to get through her insomnia, so I said for you, take whatever you need to take and stop feeling that you were being made ashamed of for taking something.  If you bother to look, the majority of the people that responded to the post agreed with it and thanked me for it.

The thread is near the top of the insomnia board so you can go read it again.  Best wishes for speedy recovery from your cold turkey.  Hope the reason you started taking benzos was not a pre-existing psychiatric condition?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:24:54 pm by ThEwAy2 »

No Ginger127,

I never "bullied" you several times.  You have a long history of not telling the truth.

Are you f****g kidding me with this? I wasn't talking about you at all when I stated "the latter one" -- can you read? If so, you'd see I wasn't talking about you on this thread. My God, what a self-serving person, and so full of it. You need to read my statement closely for what it contains, perhaps a refresher course in English usage and logic would be in order. You are so full of yourself. When people don't talk about you, you assume they do, you need to read closely and pay attention. And just for the record, you do insult people. What a pigeon!

Hope the reason you started taking benzos was not a pre-existing psychiatric condition?

Yes, you insult people. And very low. You look for what you think might be weaknesses and you attack there, even if those points are potentially sensitive issues that motivated our presence here on the forum:

• You mocked me for being on a benzo for almost 20 years.
  • You attacked me for being on an AD.
  • And now you attack ginger for possibly having a pre-existing psychiatric condition??!!! You don't know that! And what does it matter? Many people here have or had psychiatric problems and that's neither a shame nor does it rob them of legitimacy!

It's ridiculous! From my part, I don't care a shit about your low insults. In fact, they just make you look bad, it's amazing that you haven't noticed it yet!

Thank goodness you both reacted, megan918 and the other one, though a little too late. I was wondering for the past several days where anyone from the administration team was (I saw the latter's name active on the website as magnesi was being insulted), still no one from administration came to magnesi's rescue. I was bullied by the latter one many times before, so I remained quiet, what a person. Thank you megan918 for catching the problem, but just so you know, magnesi should have never been insulted like that.

Ginger,

You're welcome, what was going on here was not good, but I must correct the record.

I wasnt the one who first noticed what was going on here.  LeslieAsh was following the thread and first brought it to the team's attention.  We discussed it behind the scenes, as we often do, and i posted on the thread.  I wouldn't have even known about it if it wasn't for Leslie.

This time of year team coverage can be spotty, but even in the non holiday season we can't follow every thread or read every post.  That's why we depend on members to report offensive posts and pms.  Also, if you or anyone else has any complaints about a moderation action, please start a Helpdesk ticket so we can discuss the matter in private.

:smitten:

https://benzo.org.uk/lader2.htm

"I estimate about 20-30% of people who are on a benzodiazepine like diazepam have trouble coming off and of those about a third have very distressing symptoms. The anxiety or the sleeplessness comes back, they feel as if they're physically ill - we talk about a flu-like illness - then they start to get some very bizarre symptoms which we technically call hypersensitivity but essentially what it is is the brain is starting to wake up and it overwakes - sounds appear loud and lights appear bright, so they're wearing sunglasses indoors and they also have a symptom whereby they feel very unsteady and they will walk round the room holding on to the walls - and they really are then in a bad withdrawal state. It's very difficult to come off these drugs and the facilities are just not available and the great scandal is that the NHS claims to be dealing with these people by referring them to addiction centres, where essentially they'll sit next to a street user who's injecting heroine and of course a housewife who's been put on tranquillisers by her doctor is very upset by this ... There is a change taking place which is that if a general practitioner prescribes for longer than the agreed time - two weeks or four weeks - they can be sued by the patient for substandard clinical care and I suspect in the longer term the prescribing of these drugs will be as much dependent on lawyers' attitudes as it will be on doctors' attitudes." Professor Malcolm H Lader, BBC Radio 4 Face the Facts, July 27, 2011.

Probs a genetic thing as much as anything... I would suggest not to try for a forth time though..

My understanding is that the Majority of people come off with few problems, So Im sure there will be some that have no problems...

All the best as you continue...

Genetic for sure

My sis went on and off klonopin for years no prob.

BUT it also didnt do much for her

For me I tried a rapid taper thinking it would be like AD withdrawal ive done in the past and i lost it.

Reinstated with paradoxical effects that have lessened.

I'm not sure what to do about a taper. Not sure I even want to think about it right now

Because, English isn't my mother tongue, I haven't read all posts.

BENCE: Are you still using Pregabalin? In Swedish healthcare, they warn of this preparation, because they affect to GABA-receptors. The symptoms become much easier, and can hide all symptoms. Therefore, it's popular when suffering from withdrawal. How you really feel, you just know, when not using this drug.

But of course, I hope you belong to the lucky ones, that feels good!

Hi,

I am currently withdrawing (down to zero 3 weeks ago) from my third benzo addiction (5 mg diazepam daily for 7 years). Pregabalin is a big help.

I wonder if there is any info here or otherwise on the internet about symptom free cold turkey withdrawal from benzos.

Just asking because I've managed to do that twice in my early and late 20's! Just quit after 2 years usage of clonazepam 1mg daily and later alprazolam 1mg daily. Reduced to zero cold turkey and had NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL!

Apparently, from what I've read so far, this is basically impossible.

Now with 41 I have managed to taper for a month and drop to zero (3 weeks ago) my 7 years (5 mg diazepam daily) abuse for 7 years.

This time I am struggling with psychical symptoms (anxiety, depression and sleep disorder), so I am taking pregabalin for now, trying to quit that later as well.

Any idea how I managed to get off symptom free back then??? The only thing I can think of is age, the fact that I was younger(?)

Lots of people take Benzos for years and quit without any symptoms or withdrawal...so it's not impossible.

My theory is this:  You get withdrawal only after you have been on benzos long enough to have reached tolerance?  I took Benzos for about 2 months in early 2016 and quit cold turkey and had ZERO symptoms too.  I took them for sleep and my sleep returned to normal for about 6 weeks after my first CT.  Then I got hit by a few nights of bad sleep after that and went back on Benzos for about 3 months.

The second time I reached tolerance after about 1 month and started up dosing so I could get some sleep.  I never reached tolerance the first time I was on them. I stayed on higher doses for another 2 months then jumped CT.  I had a terrible withdrawal that was like acute for 8 months, then things slowly started to get better.  I was healed in about 14 months.  I am now 28 months off and doing very well.  Zero symptoms for the past 14 months.

Age probably helped, but not likely...I was 52 at the time of my 1st and 2nd CT.  What helped you is that you never reached tolerance IMO.  That's why doctors continue to prescribe this poison as lots of folks take it for months, years or decades, quit and have zero issues.

I'm quite sure I wasn't at tolerance

Med worked well until they stopped making the teva brand. Other brands gave me unwanted side effects, figuring I could do without it i tapered rapidly not knowing what I was doing.

From 1mg to .25 in a month...then everything hit landed in ER 4 times

I reinstated brand name K to start a taper. Still stabilizing. Had to switch ADs at the same time my WD hit

As I wrote in my last post: No symptoms may be due to Pregabalin, because it effects GABA. I know, you are very wise, and never ever want to replace another drug. But I still want to tell you, that I tested when I was completely desperat in month 10-11. It was a real setback, and I got horrible hallucinations and DR/DP. A very big mistake!

And I hope, that you feel better soon!  /Anna

• 2 months later...

No Ginger127,

I never "bullied" you several times.  You have a long history of not telling the truth.

Are you f****g kidding me with this? I wasn't talking about you at all when I stated "the latter one" -- can you read? If so, you'd see I wasn't talking about you on this thread. My God, what a self-serving person, and so full of it. You need to read my statement closely for what it contains, perhaps a refresher course in English usage and logic would be in order. You are so full of yourself. When people don't talk about you, you assume they do, you need to read closely and pay attention. And just for the record, you do insult people. What a pigeon!

Nice...hypocrisy at it's finest.  No I can't read nor do anything else except insult people...that's what pigeon's do.  WAFL!

[4a...]

NOTE to all members:

Please do not respond to offensive posts.

*** Report them! ***

Please do not resurrect old fights, ThEwAy2.

When you see offensive posts, please report them in a timely manner rather than diving in to do battle, just as this member should have reported your post if he didn’t like it.

It serves no purpose whatsoever to inflame things further by bumping someone else’s anger management issue to the front of the queue where everyone else has to relive the drama – and anyway, Ginger127 has been away since February 7th.

No Ginger127,

Nice...hypocrisy at it's finest.  No I can't read nor do anything else except insult people...that's what pigeon's do.  WAFL!

My sister CTd twice from clon with no symptoms, but it also didnt help her either, she also could (in her younger years) handle loads of alcohol.

Me on the other hand, tried to wean from clon and did it too fast and lost my mind, I also cant drink alcohol ever, makes me very ill.

Shes like my dad

I'm like my mom

Its unfortunate I didnt have the same luck, but oh well!

I also met many people in inpaitent who had experience with benzos, one CTd 1mg xanax with just some anxiety, another 3mg clon (dont ask me how her doc though that was safe) no prob., another had been abusing clon and had a month of suffering after detox and was fine.

It sucks that there are some of us that have issues, super sucks, cause the docs really only see the people who succeed and think the rest of us are making up symptoms  :sick:

hope this last WD clears up soon for you!

• I think it's difficult to discuss this issue without considering the details. Because besides our physiological characteristics (which depend on biology, age, health, physical condition, etc.), the following factors, at least, are also relevant to how easily we are able to quit a benzo:

• lifestyle (whether we have a demanding job, children to take care, need to wake up early every day no matter what, other stressors, etc.)
    • determination
    • tolerance to discomfort (which depends on our mental state, attitude and resilience, ability to distract ourselves)
    • type of benzo
    • dose
    • time on benzo (years or decades is different from weeks or months)
    • knowledge about how benzos and benzo withdrawal work (support from someone knowledgeable also helps but not as much as our own knowledge)
    • other meds

The first three points are also fundamental to remain med free:

• making lifestyle changes instead of using a pill to help us cope with unhealthy stuff
  • determination to remain med free
  • understanding and accepting that suffering is a part of life, cultivating resilience and finding activities that we like

Nice post, Magnesi. But we have to keep in mind that everyone is so different. IU know many people who only took benzos a couple weeks and had awful withdrawals. And people who took benzos for years who got off without a bit of trouble.

east