Took My Last V Crumb Today - Already Healing!

[Gw...]

Wait a year before getting a tattoo because you might react on the colours. Being med-free it takes a lot of time until the body isnt reacting on anything anymore. But you can get that picture printed and hang it on a wall!! ;D

Ooof, yeah! I wouldn't get it right away, I still get overstimulated pretty easily and wouldn't want the sensation of having it done just yet. Maybe in a few months or so. Gives me time to settle on just the right design...

Gwinna

I had planned to get one, too. But now I won't do it, the risk of an allergic reaction is too high.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gw...]

• [Ha...]

• [Ca...]

• [Su...]

Just checking in for those following.  8)

I'm still feeling vastly better than I did at pretty much any point throughout my taper. So that's the good news that I must keep in the forefront of my thoughts!

I do have some lingering symptoms, particularly morning anxiety and digestive issues. Decreased appetite, too - I've lost about 15 lbs over the past month or so. The strangest is insomnia, since that was never an issue before - not when I was taking it, or before, or during my taper. I had to remind myself today that it is still soon enough for me to be symptomatic, and that I will continue to feel better.

For those still in the thick of it, I'm thinking of you!

Gwinna

Hi Gwinna.. Great to hear its going well...!!

Im one month out, and got my normal 3 week wave and plenty of new and old bits n pieces...

GI has been a big problem again, my core pre-existing problem, and some down in the dumps mental SX that cycle through.. But under it all there is a freshness that makes it all very worthwhile..!!

Keep on keeping on, and I hope it all packs up real soon for you..

:)

Thanks for the update Gwinna - that's brilliant news!! Strange about the insomnia stomping on your petunias and the GI/weight loss.  ???

Cantfly, I really like the way you put it  :)some down in the dumps mental SX that cycle through.. But under it all there is a freshness that makes it all very worthwhile..!!

Great way of looking at it  :thumbsup:

Hope it all packs up for you as well as Gwinna real soon.  :thumbsup: Harmonee

Thanks for the encouragement, Cantfly and Harmonee.  :smitten:

The symptoms are manageable overall, I'm just impatient to feel recovered.  Cantfly, I also love the way you phrased that, about the underlying freshness - it's so true! Please keep your spirits up, your sadness will ease, as will my anxiety. We've got this.

Gwinna

Thanks for the encouragement, Cantfly and Harmonee.  :smitten:

The symptoms are manageable overall, I'm just impatient to feel recovered.  Cantfly, I also love the way you phrased that, about the underlying freshness - it's so true! Please keep your spirits up, your sadness will ease, as will my anxiety. We've got this.

Gwinna

Yup, we do..!!

Much better today, looks like this wave is breaking up.. :)

Keep up the good work Gwinna...

Thanks Harmonee..

Congratulations Gwinna! Glad to hear you are doing well and weathering the remaining symptoms with hope. Cantfly! I didn’t realize you were off congratulations! I am one month off today. I can totally relate to the 3 week wave and the freshness underneath. That is so well put. I needed to read that today.

Love y’all!!

Congratulations Gwinna! Glad to hear you are doing well and weathering the remaining symptoms with hope. Cantfly! I didn’t realize you were off congratulations! I am one month off today. I can totally relate to the 3 week wave and the freshness underneath. That is so well put. I needed to read that today.

Love y’all!!

Hi Wonderwoman23,

Congratulations on your first month off! I'm getting pretty close to that benchmark myself. How are you feeling lately? I'm rooting for you!

Gwinna

Love y’all!!

Hi Wonderwoman23,

Congratulations on your first month off! I'm getting pretty close to that benchmark myself. How are you feeling lately? I'm rooting for you!

Gwinna

Thanks Wonderwoman.. :)

And well done yourself..!!

Checking in again at 30 days benzo-free!  8)

I don't feel as well as I did when I first jumped. From what I've read, the 3-4 week mark is pretty common for a post-withdrawal wave so I'm trying to stay optimistic. My medical restrictions at work were lifted after Labor Day at my request, and on the whole I am still feeling much better even though that is difficult to remember in the moment. I will continue to heal, and soon this will all be behind me. (right?)

Gwinna

You've got it Gwinna...you're going to be just fine. You've come this far, you can ride this last one out, I know you can  :)

:smitten: Harnonee

Thanks. Harmonee.  :smitten:

I slept for 8 hours last night! I feel much better today, and now I'm wondering how I could have felt such doubts yesterday. Windows and waves have my head spinning!  :D But progress is progress, and we're here to celebrate that.  :)

Spot on Gwinner  :thumbsup: Lol, you might need to learn how to surf those waves and fly through those windows to avoid vertigo?  :laugh: Really great to hear you had a good night sleep and feeling much better. Perhaps with a bit of luck that will be it, no more sxs? Take good care, you're an inspiration  :)

:smitten: Harmonee

Spot on Gwinner  :thumbsup: Lol, you might need to learn how to surf those waves and fly through those windows to avoid vertigo?  :laugh: Really great to hear you had a good night sleep and feeling much better. Perhaps with a bit of luck that will be it, no more sxs? Take good care, you're an inspiration  :)

I think it's really just about having realistic expectations. I can hope this is the last of it, but I need to learn to be okay even if it isn't. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Gwinna

I'm so glad you're posting this and updating it, Gwinna.  I am late to the party.  I was going through the worst days of my withdrawal while you were stepping off.  Following now too.  I am 3 weeks off today.  I think I have a lot more healing to do mentally but the world is slowly coming into focus.

Gwinna thanks for keeping us updated. It is so wonderful to hear that you are feeling good and sleeping so well. Enjoy the beach weekend, half your luck  ;)

I'm currently doing an online course regarding Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Anxiety & Depression. Letting the world know about the dangers of psych drugs and many people are replying saying they personally know people who have experienced severe withdrawals. One pharmacist also agreed  :thumbsup: Thought it was a reasonable platform to alert people who may be considering meds.

Have a great long weekend Gwinna  :smitten: Harmonee

I slept for 8 hours uninterrupted last night, and woke up without morning dread!  :yippee: Heading to the beach for a long weekend. Progress!

This is progress indeed!  I am so happy for you Gwinna, you are healing.  I remember my first full-night's sleep, I was so thrilled because I knew normal life was coming back.  Do take care, you've got this.  All the best to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Six months since this all started! That's so wild. I added a little more bling to my signature to celebrate.  8)

Hi Gwinna,

Thanks for the update  :thumbsup: Very encouraging  :) Like the additional 'bling' in your signature  :) Bet you're life has additional bling too since coming off  ;)

Hi, Harmonee!  ;D

That's some signature you have there - great progress!  :thumbsup: How are you feeling?

Yeah, the life is definitely pouring back in. I'm not 100% yet, but I haven't had another wave since the one at 3-4 weeks out. At least not yet! Fingers crossed...some symptoms still linger, but they are getting less severe with time and it's nothing like before. Mainly looking forward to having more energy - I think being bored is a pretty good sign that my health is improving, so it's easier to be patient.

Thinking of you!

Gwinna

Hi Gwinna,

I'm doing really well so far, thanks for asking  :) , just hoping things stay that way.

Your signature is pretty impressive itself  :thumbsup: Curious to know how you managed to taper at a rate of just over a 6 month period, after being on Valium for 10 years?

Glad you're life is pouring back in  :thumbsup: That boost of energy you're looking for has to be in your mental filing cabinet under V for vitality  :laugh:

Great all has gone to plan for you. Take good care Gwinna  :hug:

Harmonee

I slept for 8 hours uninterrupted last night, and woke up without morning dread!  :yippee: Heading to the beach for a long weekend. Progress!

Hi Gwinna, so nice to know you're better. Have fun! And thanks for using three of my favorite words: sleep, beach, weekend :-)

Hi Guys.. :)

Gwinna, great to read your progressing well...!!

Similar to myself, I guess,- Better in leaps n bounds, but not without some issues that pop up... These little pills have hooks..!!

I am just back from camping at Fraser Island here in Oz... It sure was great to be at the beach..!!

Keep hold of life with both hands, Your doing great..!!