Are y'all sure you can't die from this?

[St...]

I ran three miles yesterday morning and couldn't sleep last night. Had to move to the sofa and maybe got 1-3 hours after that. What the hell.

I'm not so sure the exercise thing is doing the trick. I can say that 50mg seroquel  is working for me now. I've slept every night for atleast 5-10 hrs for the last 2 weeks. I'm just going to stay on it until these withdrawls are over. I can't take it without sleep. I'm even more miserable.

I'm not so sure the exercise thing is doing the trick. I can say that 50mg seroquel  is working for me now. I've slept every night for atleast 5-10 hrs for the last 2 weeks. I'm just going to stay on it until these withdrawls are over. I can't take it without sleep. I'm even more miserable.

I'm also on seroquel 100mg for sleep

I have been taking it for years StaceyY.  Low dose and have never had any trouble, so glad you are getting some sleep  :)

If you can't sleep, don't roll in bed. Go read a book until you can't stay awake.

I limit my caffeine to before noon. Also exercise in the morning.

I'd also meditate (just concentrate on deep belly breathing) before bed.

Tons of other sleep hygiene tips online.

[/quote

Good for you StaceyY.  I take between 35 to 50 mgs every night and have for years.  Chronic migraines.  Never a problem.  W/D from benzo's a lot harder .  I'm just really glad u are sleeping :smitten:

I don't get sleepy. Ever. I would never fall asleep sitting up.

Reading non fiction is a great way to get sleepy and tire your brain out. I'd give it a shot. Worst case, you're doing something productive.

My brain is too damaged to get sleepy. I just feel very strange. I used to get really sleepy riding in our truck or really late at night but not anymore. I'm gonna have to wait longer on that. It doesn't matter if I read, watch tv, or anything. I don't feel the flow of the day anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

How much can one person take? I mean, I feel like it's impossible for me to ever feel sleepy or feel like I could go to bed and go right to sleep. Are y'all sure we can't die from unrefreshed sleep?

Ive been awake for 4 days for sure in the past. That was a medication induced insomnia. Guess which med induced severe insomnia after stopping it. This overprescribed antipsycotic or neuroleptic or mood stabiliser whatever they name it,  did the deed.

Been off benzos for about 3 months and now tapering my Seroquel. Last two nights I have taken 75 mg of seroquel and got 11 hrs each night. Im now cutting down to 50mg tonight. Probably won't sleep a bit and get up tomorrow feeling like crap, but I'm determined to get sleep and get off this crap asap.