Dental Implants. Terrified!

[An...]

On 7/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, [[J...] said:

Castillo, I wish I knew what anesthesia my oral surgeon used. I'm sorry I didn't ask. :unsure:

That's okay! I'm glad you survived it! Mine is going to use something called Astracaine which I believe is Articaine.  I'm just not sure how different it is from Carbocaine. And that has me worried.

9 hours ago, [[c...] said:

That's okay! I'm glad you survived it! Mine is going to use something called Astracaine which I believe is Articaine.  I'm just not sure how different it is from Carbocaine. And that has me worried.

@[ca...] I'm so hoping it goes well for you! Try not to fret about it too much! I do that and MOST of the time everything I was worrying about NEVER happens! True story!

Jess

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I know this is an old post but what is everyone's experience with setbacks? Are they worse the further you're in recovery?

I'm trying to figure out if it's best to do dental work sooner rather than later in wd.

Thanks for any insights!

On 24/06/2018 at 13:55, [[s...] said:

I think from what I know about withdrawal is that while you are tapering your problems with this kind of thing are far less than when you are off benzos

the further out you are in recovery once you are off benzos the more sensitive we seem to get.

For example, 3 years off benzos and nearly recovered seems to be the time when people have more setbacks and sensitivity compared to when you are first off.

I hope this helps

shania

Thank you @[pi...]! I'm actually worried about a wisdom tooth extraction coming up, it can be done without sedation but I'm very afraid of the local anesthesia and possibly antibiotics. 

I have a (retired) dentist aunt who never used AB unless there was an actual infection and she feels nowadays they wrongly use it as a precaution. So perhaps that could be skipped? 

The whole thing is freaking me out though!