Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Thank you. I'm trying to contact doctors but none seem receptive.

(nor covered by insurance)

I'll keep trying. My MD does not get it after over 10 years.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisdom I posted on klonopin klub 2 I dont know if you seen it.I'll paste it here.

Wisdom,I found these two Dr's in Mass. just hope your close to one.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/

Massachusetts

Dawna L. Jones, MD

99 Longwater Circle, Suite 100

Norwell, MA 02061

(781) 829-0930

Rebecca S. Lundquist, MD

279 Lincoln Street

Worcester, MA 01605

(855) UMASS-MD

onemoretry,

Thanks for picking up here. I kind of dropped the ball with Wisdom. Just ran out of juice as I’ve been posting all day. Hubby has been gone all afternoon also with oldest daughter.

No one here but me and my cat, Pepper.

Intend your wonderful.

Wisdom,my little mom and pops pharmacy is still getting teva tablets but when that runs dry I'm going to switch to the teva odt's.

On a side note Intend,I went to my biweekly psychiatrist/counsler today and my counselor told me that the psychiatrist over the place where I go said he got a memo that the Fed's are enhancing their monitoring of doctors prescribing benzos.60 years a little late dont you think?

onemoretry,

Yes, it’s late, but Leo Sternbach first discovered Librium in 1955. I think he was looking for something else, and discovered Librium.

But the chemical dependency situation seems to have been realized in the UK in the 1980s.

If the FDA is monitoring doctors, it’s most likely because of this opiate crisis. Benzos together with regular opiate use can lead to accidental overdose. Even w/o benzos, opiates taken just for pain with regular monitoring by pain management doctors can lead to an accidental overdose.

And there are doctors who will supply others with more benzos than needed, and kids who will get benzos from their parents w/o the parents realizing it.

But we know we’re not involved in any of this. We get ours on a regular schedule, and we are trying to taper them. I take nothing else, and I get my refills on a regular schedule.

I also think that a lot of doctors are ethical and do exactly what the laws say they must do.

My doctor told me several months ago that a lot of his patients were in pain from arthritis or something else, and were under the supervision of pain management doctors. And those doctors were being so careful that the patients had to decide if they wanted to take their prescribed benzo or to take their opioids. They would not let them have both because of the risk. So I think that a lot of patients are ethical and honest also.

I was very interested in the opinion on changing generics being like a ct. I feel I am a victim of this. My compounding pharmacy is using Solco, but I have been switched 6 times in the past year. The same with my fluoxetine. I thought Solco was a Chinese co. but made in NJ. I could be wrong on that. I found out my ad was switched to a Croatian co. made off shore. Read off shore was even less regulated. Wonder if that has made me have such an emotionally hard taper. I really wish I knew what generic I was on before I reached relative withdrawal. I bet I have been on many. I feel violated.Esperanza

I was very interested in the opinion on changing generics being like a ct. I feel I am a victim of this. My compounding pharmacy is using Solco, but I have been switched 6 times in the past year. The same with my fluoxetine. I thought Solco was a Chinese co. but made in NJ. I could be wrong on that. I found out my ad was switched to a Croatian co. made off shore. Read off shore was even less regulated. Wonder if that has made me have such an emotionally hard taper. I really wish I knew what generic I was on before I reached relative withdrawal. I bet I have been on many. I feel violated.Esperanza

esperanza,

When one becomes highly sensitized by all the generic changes that you’ve had, it is very common that changing to another generic of the same drug can feel like a CT.

You’ve done no Ct whatsoever, but these generic drugs are not all the same. NOT THE SAME.

The FDA can scream that to us as much as they want, but all generics are not the same. They have different fillers, binders, dyes, and maybe even more or less of the basic ingredient. I think the range for that part is like 80% of the essential ingredient to 125% of the essential ingredient. So that’s the variance that the FDA allows. I could be a little off on the percentage here, but not by much.

Some people won’t feel the difference, but just as many may feel it. I’ve been around enough to hear that from others in the community who aren’t even taking a benzo. Even a different generic of a heart med can make someone feel like they are taking sugar pills. I know this because I’ve talked to doctors nurses who felt that way themselves, and the doctors themselves who had that happen to them.

So is that a violation? It could be. But it’s legal to do this to patients here in the US. The FDA is part of the federal government so they put out all the rules here. I’m the last one to be glad about this, but I follow the law because we must.

And solco is a Chinese company. They have there US headquarters in NJ, but we don’t know if they make the drug in China or here. Tracking down these companies is an arduous process. Accord, by the way, is owned by a company in India.

It is sickening to know how unsafe we are. I hope I didn’t make a big mistake insisting on a change in my ad. I was so put off by the strange smell in the last refill and I had never had that brand before. I went back to a generic I knew I had had when I was feeling better. And I plan to have them order it for me. My closest friend is a psychiatric nurse practioner who is also on meds. She insists that generic changes absolutely do matter. What a country! Esp

It is sickening to know how unsafe we are. I hope I didn’t make a big mistake insisting on a change in my ad. I was so put off by the strange smell in the last refill and I had never had that brand before. I went back to a generic I knew I had had when I was feeling better. And I plan to have them order it for me. My closest friend is a psychiatric nurse practioner who is also on meds. She insists that generic changes absolutely do matter. What a country! Esp

Well,

That best friend should already know this. She should at least know that other generic drug changes often cause a patient to feel like something is wrong. And I’m talking about a drug that helps with diabetes for example. As in metformin for type 2 diabetes. Many people will notice a change in a generic for that.

But the benzo thing is often completely disbelieved. All I can say is LET THEM GO THROUGH THIS AND THEN ILL DISCUSS IT WITH THEM.

I just don’t get into this with hardly anyone anymore. We are not clones of each other, so why wouldn’t we react differently? Some people are allergic to eggs and others aren’t. Bunch of closed minded dopes is all I can say.

I hate the generic argument! IT DOES MATTER! If someone prefers one generic over another let them have it ya dang pharmacists!

I've argued with so many over the years. Had one medicine (That I cant take currently cause of K issues and HR/BP and hope the problem doesn't return!) when I got a different brand, all my symptoms came back in a week, pharmacist argued with me that they were all the same and it didnt matter, so I asked her how I could magically make these symptoms appear? If I could, wouldnt I just make them go away? She refilled it with the old brand and I made her make a note that I only wanted that brand.

My Grandma almost died because of a generic switch of BP meds. Will the MAJORITY of people have problems? Most likely not, will a LOT notice a different? Most likely yes, I feel

Well, I've gone back and forth with my doctor. She refuses saying that ODT may be dangerous and is only for acute cases as the med releases immediately.

I got a call from the pharmacy that she sent in a script for Klonopin name brand (my insurance doesn't cover but that's the least of my worries).  I really need to stabilize on this. Does anyone have any ideas or know someone who has? I have no other option.

Other generics have been even worse though Klonopin still causes morning panic/tons of anxiety etc. I actually started on Klonopin brand years and years ago so very weird. Wonder what is in the Teva besides all that we do know. It seems like a different drug.

Onemoretry, I tried calling independent pharms near and far, none have Teva here. I can't get anyone to write for the ODT. What did you tell your doc so that they would and did they have any problem with it? I have tried holistic doctors, you name it. No one will do it.

My doc is shady. She sent in the Klonopin script knowing I can't take it because she wanted to cover her ass. I told her I can't stop clonazepam cold turkey. She didn't even tell me, just did it. I told pharmacy not to fill it.

I really need help on how to stabilize over to name brand. I tried 1/2 teva and 1/2 klonopin but the anxiety/panic/ is too much.

I need help and don't know where to turn. Holistic doctors may help you taper but they will not write a script for ODT. I have tried and tried.

Intend what type of doc do you have and how did you get them to write for the Teva ODT and is Par the same? Thanks.

I was trying pure Vit C and niacinamide (very good brands) and felt better during the day but took some yesterday as directed and had the worst night of all - palpitations, terror, anxiety, insomnia, panic. I'm sure y'all know. So, I stopped even those.

In addition, I can't even restabilize on the tevas I have left. :( Why would that be?

Can anyone help?

Well, I've gone back and forth with my doctor. She refuses saying that ODT may be dangerous and is only for acute cases as the med releases immediately.

I got a call from the pharmacy that she sent in a script for Klonopin name brand (my insurance doesn't cover but that's the least of my worries).  I really need to stabilize on this. Does anyone have any ideas or know someone who has? I have no other option.

Other generics have been even worse though Klonopin still causes morning panic/tons of anxiety etc. I actually started on Klonopin brand years and years ago so very weird. Wonder what is in the Teva besides all that we do know. It seems like a different drug.

Onemoretry, I tried calling independent pharms near and far, none have Teva here. I can't get anyone to write for the ODT. What did you tell your doc so that they would and did they have any problem with it? I have tried holistic doctors, you name it. No one will do it.

My doc is shady. She sent in the Klonopin script knowing I can't take it because she wanted to cover her ass. I told her I can't stop clonazepam cold turkey. She didn't even tell me, just did it. I told pharmacy not to fill it.

I really need help on how to stabilize over to name brand. I tried 1/2 teva and 1/2 klonopin but the anxiety/panic/ is too much.

I need help and don't know where to turn. Holistic doctors may help you taper but they will not write a script for ODT. I have tried and tried.

Intend what type of doc do you have and how did you get them to write for the Teva ODT and is Par the same? Thanks.

I see my dr on the 22nd so I havent got the odt's yet.He knows I'm tapering I showed him Ashtons taper plan and he wanted a copy for his own education.Im going to tell him I want the odts because I want to stick with the same company(teva)instead of trying other generics that probably won't agree with me and I dont want to mess up my taper.He knows I tried a detox center and failed so he reinstated me.Plus he knows I want off them I never ask for extra.

Thanks onemoretry. I need your doctor or someone like that. I am calling psychs but don't know if they will tell me up front if they will prescribe it. Is your doc in MA by any chance?  :-[

Does anyone know someone who was able to re-stabilize on the name brand Klonopin?

Thanks onemoretry. I need your doctor or someone like that. I am calling psychs but don't know if they will tell me up front if they will prescribe it. Is your doc in MA by any chance?  :-[

Does anyone know someone who was able to re-stabilize on the name brand Klonopin?

Wisdom,

NJStrength was able to stabilize on brand name klonopin. Send her a pm and ask her what you need to know.

Wisdom,

I have a regular psychiatrist, and he thought it was a good idea to stick with clonazepam so he thought using the ODTs was a good idea.

And in addition to that, I do have a swallowing disorder that came with the treatment I got for the rare disorder I have which is called idiopathic subglottic stenosis. I have had numerous surgeries for this, and over 3 inches of my trachea has been removed. When this happens, people who had all the work done that I have had done are often left with speaking and swallowing disorders because the surgeons slit the throat to get to the trachea.

And they often have to separate the esophagus from the trachea also. And that often  leaves a misaligned epiglottis so choking is common also. The ODTs have helped all of that.

Par also makes ODTs, and as far as I know, they are about the same as the Teva’s.

I did try calling the doctors. Nothing so far. No one seems to want to write a script. Still trying.

onemoretry,  I used to live in AL and have been contemplating going back but can't move right now in Winter.

I'd move somewhere if it would help.

I'll try to message NJStrength.

Thank you so much, Intend.

I care about you all and wish you all peace and healing.

Wisdom,

It is hard to move anywhere during the winter. We have winter here also, and we don’t want to move.

We will have to eventually due to the housing situation here, our ages, health reason.

But right now, I’ve lost motivation myself.

I’m not without sxs here myself. I’m just like the rest of people here on BB. I’m not tapering yet again as I’m crossing still to these ODTs, but I’m affected with sx just like everyone else, and can’t begin to cope with the idea of moving right now whether locally or out of state.

I think a lot of us feel the same way.

Hi WS,

I think NJstrength may have switched and stabilized on Brand klonopin,  you could write to her?

I am in the process of switching from Teva to Accord generic . So far I have switched out 1 of 4 pills in the liquid I ake . I had a few symptoms , nightmares for one , which I have hardly ever  have before , but they passed. I'm nervous switching out another pill but it has to be done.

It is my belief , for me anyway , that -

1.  doing it gradually if possible

2. Giving  time for our body to adjust , which likely will include some increased wds

3. Using liquid if possible so that the pills are already dissolved , which hopefully means there are less variables in the absorption rate.

( if youa re taking dry pils the excipients can alter how quickly or slowly the drug is metabolized)

Anyway , these are my  theories ,it's very unfortunate that we have to go through these changes, but I do believe that things can settle if you give it enough time.

I will write again when I make my next pill switch with an update,

MiYu

I honestly think it has something to do with the povidone teva has in their formula, it's the ONLY thing different really.

It really was like a totally different drug  :'(

Hi WS,

I think NJstrength may have switched and stabilized on Brand klonopin,  you could write to her?

I am in the process of switching from Teva to Accord generic . So far I have switched out 1 of 4 pills in the liquid I ake . I had a few symptoms , nightmares for one , which I have hardly ever  have before , but they passed. I'm nervous switching out another pill but it has to be done.

It is my belief , for me anyway , that -

1.  doing it gradually if possible

2. Giving  time for our body to adjust , which likely will include some increased wds

3. Using liquid if possible so that the pills are already dissolved , which hopefully means there are less variables in the absorption rate.

( if youa re taking dry pils the excipients can alter how quickly or slowly the drug is metabolized)

Anyway , these are my  theories ,it's very unfortunate that we have to go through these changes, but I do believe that things can settle if you give it enough time.

I will write again when I make my next pill switch with an update,

MiYu

MiYu,

I think you’ve the process down. That’s the way I did it for all the switches I made. Gradually.

Looking forward to your next update.

This go round, these teva ODTs seem to be working pretty good, but I am gradually getting onto them. They do seem better though than the Sandoz by far. And I just couldn’t do the accord meaning I never tried them because I thought maybe teva would be better and so far they are.