What tv show are you currently watching?

[cl...]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [be...]

• [or...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[3f...]

Cos, did you watch Seinfeld?  Also an older one Cheers was hilarious, and Friends, and Big Bang, just thoughts  ;)

Never watched Big Bang but used to watch Seinfeld and Friends when I was little. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add those to my watchlist after I'm done with 14 seasons of the one I'm currently watching. The amount of seasons is so ridiculous I was scared to start but I've heard you can really jump in anywhere. And this thread inspired me to start watching some more stuff. Distractions helped a lot during my first taper.

Cos, did you watch Seinfeld?  Also an older one Cheers was hilarious, and Friends, and Big Bang, just thoughts  ;)

Never watched Big Bang but used to watch Seinfeld and Friends when I was little. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add those to my watchlist after I'm done with 14 seasons of the one I'm currently watching. The amount of seasons is so ridiculous I was scared to start but I've heard you can really jump in anywhere. And this thread inspired me to start watching some more stuff. Distractions helped a lot during my first taper.

Long and funny make it a great taper show......

used to watch Seinfeld and Friends when I was little.

Now I feel old.  ;D

used to watch Seinfeld and Friends when I was little.

Now I feel old.  ;D

Me too,  :laugh: :laugh:  But, they are still funny!! 

Just to mention more "old" comedy shows  :)  for the list...30 Rock & the original Will & Grace episodes. Side-splitting. All the shows mentioned are hilarious. Comedy series have also helped & distracted me quite a bit in the detox process. Very thankful.  :2funny:

[3f...]

Talk about old, how’s the three stooges?

lol

And guys stop talking about old most of these sitcoms you mention are from the 90s- which wasn't that long ago. Wait...omg where does time go?

Annett, I actually marathoned 3rd Rock from the sun a few years ago when I saw it was streaming. I loved that show. And most 90s sitcoms.

For some reason, my friend and I really got a kick out of watching who's the boss reruns. Maybe it was so silly it won us over.

So I'm gonna recommend Who's the Boss to all of you. 80s comedy at its finest. If it's streaming anywhere lol.

A favorite in all seriousness is Arrested Development. The first 3 seasons at least. Not a laughing track style sitcom but maybe the most hilarious+well written show I've seen.

It won't be for everyone, but I loved Letterkenny. It's a Canadian show, super funny. Rapid fire dialog, slapstick, potty humor, everything I hate. But I totally loved it. Available on hulu in the US.

Just started watching "The Sopranos".  In the first few episodes Toni sees his therapist and she prescribes Prozac for depression.  And PROZAC in big bold letters on the pill bottle he picks up.  And a friend who starts taking Zoloft.  All in the first few episodes.

Product placement or overly suspicious viewer?

Just started watching "The Sopranos".  In the first few episodes Toni sees his therapist and she prescribes Prozac for depression.  And PROZAC in big bold letters on the pill bottle he picks up.  And a friend who starts taking Zoloft.  All in the first few episodes.

Product placement or overly suspicious viewer?

Really good show though, we got HBO because of it.  Everybody was always talking about it on Monday morning at work  :laugh:;D

I agree Mary... very well done.  I've seen some episodes years ago but decided to watch from the beginning.  Just very ultra sensitive to main stream psych drug references and wondering how much was intentional propaganda.  I certainly bought into it.

But not really a subject for this thread.  Sorry!

I agree Mary... very well done.  I've seen some episodes years ago but decided to watch from the beginning.  Just very ultra sensitive to main stream psych drug references and wondering how much was intentional propaganda.  I certainly bought into it.

But not really a subject for this thread.  Sorry!

One good thing about it Turtle ( I wasn't on benzo's when I watched it) , it's a great taper show, very long and interesting, great distraction  :D

[3f...]

Turtle63, Mary5588  - Yesss the Sopranos is probably in my top 5 shows/dramas of all time. Watched it when it aired. Feel like everyone did. Back in the day before binge watching. I would not be surprised if it was product placement - they usually need to get things cleared with diff legal departments in order to use the name of an actual brand. Interesting. Great show all the same.

benzogirl - might check that out. My parents used to play the anthology all the time. And then when i was a teenager I discovered the 'experimental Beatles' and was like this is realll music man. I'd love to learn more about them, just know some tidbits. Weirdly enough in the last few months I've been hearing their songs at random places and they always seems to put me in a good mood. Thankfully no one was playing The White Album's number 9. That was a fun one to stumble upon for the first time.  :o  Reminds me, one time a while back I was playing the White album at work and forgot about that song. After a min or 2 I had to change it. Startled me and the customers lol.

[3f...]

There is a good Mel Brooks special on HBO now.  He is quite the character now in his 90's.

Another thing to check out. Mel Brooks is awesome. My dad and I would watch a bunch of his films when I was younger - dad what were you thinking lol - Young Frankenstein was my fave for a while. Read about him and have seen some interviews. He's had an interesting life, always worked hard and seems like a genuine and kind soul. Like that's what strikes me most about him. Thanks for the post will check this out too. :thumbsup: