What tv show are you currently watching?

[cl...]

The movie, The Irishman on Netflix. A stellar cast. It’s 3.5 hours long but it moves very fast. Excellent. It’s also playing in some theaters but not a wide release.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [be...]

• [or...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

After enjoying What/If so much & being reminded of Revenge, ordered Season 1 on DVD.  I recall watching it, but not hanging in w/it (don't know why).  Enjoying it lots, now & already ordered Season 2.  Mystery-suspense drama (which is not as twisted w/visually disturbing/graphics, as shows originally aired on cable &/or post-2015).

Also on DVD, Private Practice.  Drama/comedy/romance.  I miss dramas which weren't depressing or else involving crime & psychopaths, or ones involving post-apocalyptic world (dark themes).  Can view that material sometimes, i.e. Luther, but need to come up for air...

I tred w/The Leftovers, Season 1& hung in for about 8 episodes, but it's just soooo bleak.  The acting by an outstanding cast is excellent.  I'd read that they changed-it-up a bit for the following seasons, but that you really should have viewed Season 1 to fully grasp.  If anyone knows differently, (if 8 episodes of the 1st gloomy, despairing tones of Season 1 is enough to jump in @ Season 2) please advise.  Have read it's just such a superb show.  I should state that I wasn't a fan of Lost, though I did enjoy the show, Invasion which aired after Lost (originally air dates).

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime

"I'm not a prostitute . . . Prostitutes get paid more."

I watched that and never could get into it.....I suppose the new season is ready?

[ec...]

There are so many shows out there sometimes I don't know where to start. I recently marathoned Schitt's Creek and had a few laughs which is always welcome. I'm not huge into super hero stuff but there was a show I really enjoyed called The Boys on Amazon Prime that looked at super heroes from a different angle. It was an interesting take.

I'm not watching anything right now but feel like I should. I always hear It's Always Sunny is supposed to be a one of the greatest comedies ever so I'll make it a point to see if it's available on any streaming services I have. Even though I'd be like 15 seasons behind (lol) I think being able to have a good laugh is so important for the soul and can be a positive distraction - something I believe can really help us all out.

Yep. The link I pasted was the promo for season 3 which came through yesterday.

Glad you could check in to let me know that you can't get into the show I like. 

Well I just watched The Irishman and got a chuckle from the dry humour... :)

-Thanks, -I forget who put it forward here..

Ps.. I threw in my “ratings” so people that dont like my taste can avoid what I like..!! :)

I kinda need things to be intense or my mind wanders and im forever rewinding...

Appreciate all the suggestions...

:)

I loved The Irishman...I cannot believe it was 3.5 hours long. For some odd reason when the two are together, I can’t tell who is Robert De. Niro. And who is Al Pacino..and joe Pesci makes it even harder. A very well made movie........

A Stevie Nicks documentary on Amazon Prime

She is my favorite female singer ever.  The Dr's in rehab, to take her off cocaine and booze, put her on benzo's.  If I am not mistaken, it was awhile before she figured out, it was the benzo's making her feel so bad, and a rough taper.    :(. I might have to watch that too.  ;)

Walking The Proud Land  (retro TV- Western - Audie Murphy)

Nice to see Murphy mentioned. I believe the wonderful Anne Bancroft was also in this production. Murphy excelled in so many things with peerless courage for his entire life. His grave is the second most visited in Arlington National Cemetery. Appreciation to you for reminding me about him. I also love old movies & TV shows.     

E.R. on Wednesdays and Thursdays evenings.  Very well done show, but seeing things now that I didn't realize 25 years ago.  A lot of agenda pushing.. especially re: mental health.

[ec...]

I just saw this. Know what I'm checking out before the roku player arrives, tonight, hopefully. Signed up for Hulu just to watch it's always sunny only to find out they discontinued their app on my blue ray player in August. It was a real classic lol moment.

Anyhoo thanks for posting this! :smitten:

I just saw this. Know what I'm checking out before the roku player arrives, tonight, hopefully. Signed up for Hulu just to watch it's always sunny only to find out they discontinued their app on my blue ray player in August. It was a real classic lol moment.

They made that documentary look really good. They never once mentioned her klonopin and barely talked about her coke use. It was so bad she put a hole in her nose. I like her very much but this sugar coated everything. Like only a few people who loved her were on. I found it very disappointing.

[ec...]

Oh I quickly realized it was going to be like that after the first 15 mins. It was more of a Fleetwood Mac documentary. The second half is a bit more about her but they don't delve too deep. There were 2 throwaway lines about her problem with clonazepam. Maybe the 1-2 interviews she gave are all she ever will with regards to her experience, and I'm fine with that.

But yeah I guess the documentary is ok you're fine with mostly random people's takes on the band and her. Like you said, not the best.

It's still on in the background though - I'm enjoying the music at least. :thumbsup:

They made that documentary look really good. They never once mentioned her klonopin and barely talked about her coke use. It was so bad she put a hole in her nose. I like her very much but this sugar coated everything. Like only a few people who loved her were on. I found it very disappointing.

Jesus...  :o

Dave.

[ec...]

I must have tuned out when they said that during the doc, it was kinda slow, but do remember reading that. I think clon was what she was given to get off the coke. There's a better doc on youtube to be honest but she described being on clon as robbing her of her mind/body/soul. She couldn't create. Didn't feel like herself for years. I dunno it was really sad because of how relatable her words were.

Anyhoo back to TV shows - started watching it's Always Sunny. It's absurd, hilarious, the first season so wouldn't fly today. I guess you can say that about a lot of shows. But it's so over the top it works imo. Looking forward to watching the next 14 seasons or so lol. That should keep me busy/good distracted (with comedy) for a while! Like at least a month maybe. (the length of the hulu trial...) And I won't have to worry about getting 'oh no there's 5000 things to choose from' decision paralysis. Which prevents me from watching a lot of stuff to begin with.

Open to comedy suggestions if anyone has some. Ima stick with that genre for the month.  :thumbsup: