Thoughts I have when laying in bed not sleeping

[St...]

Thanks, TheWay2 and all who responded,

You are right about the feeling worse when you stay home idea. Although I'm a little nutty when I do go in and teach, it gets my mind off my insomnia, and I don't feel like such a loser as when I call in sick.

Anyone ever tried the Sleeprate phone app? It looks promising. Hell, anything looks promising right now. I thought when I finished the acute BZWD in December/January with much-diminished muscle stiffness, stomach issues, or jelly legs, I would be on the mend. But I think Ambien was masking the sleep issues. Now, with no more Ambien, it's come out in a vengeance.  :o

I'll try melatonin tonight and some prayer. It's hard to get my mind onto something else when I'm so sleepy.

ThEwAy2,

I am doing a 5% taper.  That would be 1/4th of a milligram a month.  When I first switched from Adivan to Valium, I tapered 2 mg every 7 days till I got off 20 mg.  Then I hit the wall at 10mg.  Had to hold for 3 months in order to stabilize.  My BP was in dangerous levels for 3 solid weeks.

I said all that to ask you this question:  Looks like you tapered fast.  Did you have any severe sxs doing that?  I mean, I really tapered fast and now I can barely deal with the sxs at this slow taper which concerns me.  I don't want to be tapering off this for 4 years!!!  But I don't want my BP to skyrocket like it did before either.

Besides letting me know how fast you tapered, and the sxs, any advice?

Hi Hope,

I actually jumped Cold Turkey and did not taper, so I don't have any experience with a taper.  I know it is recommended no more that 10% of your current dose every 2 weeks.

I had lots and lots of symptoms besides insomnia...at least 15-20.

High BP and tachycardia are common WD symptoms. 

I wish I had more to offer.  Maybe someone else with more experience tapering can chime in?