• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mo...]

• [az...]

• [Da...]

• [se...]

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t typically listen to crazy ultra-pop, and I honestly don’t know who Zayn Malik is except that I really do like that last song which happens to be some kind of remix.

I just wanted to say, I’ve done different things here on bb to try and “shake” up some of the rigidity I felt, though that rigidity isn’t something I feel any longer. And though I’m not recovered, I’m not going through what I was when I was in such an incredibly strange and odd place that I had the need to listen to Rihanna... and flood this thread with her. I’d actually listened to her on a lark during one of the most challenging parts of withdrawal by the recommendation of the only remaining friend I have kept from high school. He is very freethinking, yet he is one of the people in my life with the most consistency and integrity I have ever witnessed in a human being. He is also incredibly wise and deep, but you wouldn’t know these things necessarily if you are a very judgemental person. He doesn’t parade these qualities, he lives them— as odd a paradox as that sounds for someone who suggested such a highly charged musical choice.

That was my intent, in some ways on here; not to misrepresent myself, but to free myself enough that I could break out of my own boxes and chains and experiment with the bolder sides of my personality. If you were to meet me in person, you would likely have a much different angle. I am more shy and more introverted than I appear on here, generally, though with the potential to be more of an extroverted introvert— so this can be confusing. Likely though, I wouldn’t have the mental force I am capable of having in my writing. So, not to make a huge statement about myself here, I’m just trying to point out that things aren’t what they appear always, in all ways... (or re-emphasize this as others have pointed it out before) though there are parts of each of us we don’t show on here.

I won’t go on endlessly, actually I am taking a break and it isn’t for any dramatic reason other than I’d like to try and develop whatever I can in my waking life where I can get some satisfaction and better feel of my actual, whole self— not the persona or character which comes across here. Just didn’t know where else to put this. Plus, I had to somehow defend some of the ridiculous behavior that helped me save my life. There was other, and it wasn’t all embarrassing or “bad,” just try and grow with me in the area of taking care to not judge lest we ourselves be judged (only if you feel like it of course.) And if and when I have judged or upset you, I hope that you know my heart by now, because this is one thing I’ll never be ashamed of.  Though it is a human heart and we all have dark tendencies.

So, if I didn’t or don’t reply or respond and you know I generally adore you on here, whether we have known each other a little or a lot, know that I likely still adore you. If we rubbed each other the wrong way, I hope these things can be put aside when you remember my essence. Life is too messy to be perfect at every turn or to have a flawless persona. Sometimes things are the opposite of what they seem in some ways. Maybe I am the opposite of how I appear here, in person at times, and not necessarily in ways that compete with the nature of who I am at my core.

With that I will bid adéu (I realize this isn’t the French way to say it) as I make an effort to be the in-person real self, so that when I can return we will be able to interact better here hopefully. The cause is important and one I don’t intend to drop easily, I just can’t do much more here in terms of my own growth for the time or season. That means too, I wouldn’t be doing any good here because it wouldn’t be me at all not to be growing. To grow is to be alive, sometimes living things need a bit of resistance to discover where they stand and what they are made of.

Love,

mon pilote/azalea32/azalea30

Sometimes I shorten that ^, it’s easier.

I like that song, mon pilote.  I like your posts and I like your essence.  You've been a wonderful presence in the short time I've been here but no, I was not here during your Rihanna phase so I may not be able to fully evaluate.

I understand, *I think*.  Although I disagree with your premise, again, *I think*.  I will miss you if you don't post here anymore.  Will you PM or communicate another way?  Is it BB that you need to be away from?

I hope you consider me as a friend and think of me that way and if I don't hear from you until you get back, please reach out then.

I like you too, seltzerer, and consider you a friend :) I can’t say I despise Rihanna entirely, “Junk” Drawer is not about junk ;) Cant think at this moment, am still feeling withdrawal or damage of some kind.

In fact I don’t know that I despise Rihanna at all, I think it is pretty awesome she declined to perform at the Super Bowl. My faith and my past cause me to be a bit more demure or hoping and attempting to be (generally.) I like to not be limited, however. We do still have free will, according to my belief.

Last post and last edit: I hope!  :-[

Last edit: I discovered today though that using Rihanna for dance music does not necessarily equate with vulgarity, I’m sort of excited by that. It was very “cool” and I was cool for a short period of time  :angel:

Desperado - Rihanna

Lyrics:

Desperado

Sitting in a old Monte Carlo

A man whose heart is hollow uh

Take it easy

I’m not tryna go against you

Actually, I’m going with you

Gotta get up out of here and

You ain’t leaving me behind

I know you won't, 'cause we share common interests you

Need me, there ain’t no leaving me behind