Xanax out, i can see hear and taste and think straight

[Gu...]

Hi

In short i was on Xanax for 2/12 years 75mg broke upto 3 doses of .25 mg

I started my taper in January 1 2018 amd jumped at .25 mg 3/13 2018  , i just could not

Take the debilitating symptoms at my doctors request we decided to do this jump to the finish line ..

I had anxiety,headaches ,stomach ,intrusive thoughts , and the metallic taste lasted for 3 days i even had a raw throat my sleep was like I would fall asleep at 2-3 am and slept until 7-8:30 am not bad ..

It is funny the symptoms are all classic however the site here really helped me to view this as temporary and that i was healing even when it got bad i did wanna reach for the Xanax however I would time how i felt and it would pass plus I thought ‘this will all start again, no way’ i do have a history of withdrawal so I viewed this as impowering to me to have control over my goals..

I personally look and smile and yes i do get the typcal  anxiety rush I breathe thru it abd remind myself this is normal, headache here and there and stomach cramp

But it reminds me of how far i have come and have a plan for the future if there ever comes a need to consider an anti anxiety medicine i feel this is important , most importantly i can remember things again and comprehension is better..

Well worth it !!!

Ive been wondering how you were doing Gummibear.  Glad to hear you're able to get thru this.  You are WAY stronger than I am.  I wish I could get off this as fast and as easily as it appears you have.  We started at the same dose, but I was only on it 4 months before I started my taler.  Absolutely brutal.  I'm holding for a bit.

So happy for you!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi am doing good I just keep waking up this week feeling rushes of heat then I’m cold so it’s like off with the covers on with the covers sad part is I do wake up probably five or six times but it’s OK I can hear better see better and most of all that metal taste is gone. Life is good it is different and I have to keep changing ..  and that is good also sometimes I want to push myself harder than I should However it will set me back there are times I felt like reaching out to Xanax that’s what told me I had a problem I just waited out now and you get through it it seems like waves of symptoms do come ..

For example sometimes I don’t wanna do anything headache,  Jaw pain  and sometimes nervousness but cognitively I am doing great I would do anything to never go through using a benzo again this website is wonderful it was able to keep me on track even if someone didn’t respond to my questions thank you to everyone  :smitten:

Hi

In short i was on Xanax for 2/12 years 75mg broke upto 3 doses of .25 mg

I started my taper in January 1 2018 amd jumped at .25 mg 3/13 2018  , i just could not

Take the debilitating symptoms at my doctors request we decided to do this jump to the finish line ..

I had anxiety,headaches ,stomach ,intrusive thoughts , and the metallic taste lasted for 3 days i even had a raw throat my sleep was like I would fall asleep at 2-3 am and slept until 7-8:30 am not bad ..

It is funny the symptoms are all classic however the site here really helped me to view this as temporary and that i was healing even when it got bad i did wanna reach for the Xanax however I would time how i felt and it would pass plus I thought ‘this will all start again, no way’ i do have a history of withdrawal so I viewed this as impowering to me to have control over my goals..

I personally look and smile and yes i do get the typcal  anxiety rush I breathe thru it abd remind myself this is normal, headache here and there and stomach cramp

But it reminds me of how far i have come and have a plan for the future if there ever comes a need to consider an anti anxiety medicine i feel this is important , most importantly i can remember things again and comprehension is better..

Well worth it !!!

That's so good to hear

Hi some are wondering how I am doing more in detail , honestly the fast taper which was 3 months with a jump at .25 mg of Xanax was not really what I wanted to however I could not get past the withdrawal symptoms or symptom lol each day It was torture for me alot of crying so at my doctors request I jumped.. I am not saying this is for everyone, but for those who decision leads them to this you do have to accept the responsibility of how you may feel ..

I am now back to my schedule and it is busy at the time of my jump I could not drive or work, I did have the time to take off I did try to go about my day but felt drunk at first then stomach ache , intrusive thoughts major headaches some sleep I did fall asleep around 2-3 am I did lay in bed it was frustrating , however I knew it would be temporary my symptoms the major ones only lasted for 7 days Really though the reason I took the week of was for privacy and to allow my body to go through this I did try to work out take a walk drank alot of water and no alcohol and I did have support from my husband to sleep in and balance out .. he is very proud of me , he said he could not believe I was off Xanax from my severe anxiety..

Making a plan really worked for me before the bad days arrived , and they did .. Ugh but it was so worth it .. for all who are out there keep moving forward at a pace that will get you to your  DESTINATION!

Hi some are wondering how I am doing more in detail , honestly the fast taper which was 3 months with a jump at .25 mg of Xanax was not really what I wanted to however I could not get past the withdrawal symptoms or symptom lol each day It was torture for me alot of crying so at my doctors request I jumped.. I am not saying this is for everyone, but for those who decision leads them to this you do have to accept the responsibility of how you may feel ..

I am now back to my schedule and it is busy at the time of my jump I could not drive or work, I did have the time to take off I did try to go about my day but felt drunk at first then stomach ache , intrusive thoughts major headaches some sleep I did fall asleep around 2-3 am I did lay in bed it was frustrating , however I knew it would be temporary my symptoms the major ones only lasted for 7 days Really though the reason I took the week of was for privacy and to allow my body to go through this I did try to work out take a walk drank alot of water and no alcohol and I did have support from my husband to sleep in and balance out .. he is very proud of me , he said he could not believe I was off Xanax from my severe anxiety..

Making a plan really worked for me before the bad days arrived , and they did .. Ugh but it was so worth it .. for all who are out there keep moving forward at a pace that will get you to your  DESTINATION!

You give me so much inspiration.  My pdoc put me on Remeron this week, and we plan to do a quick taper like yours once the Remeron fully kicks in.  I tried a slow taper and it was torture for me, so I reinstated.  I'm obsessed with getting off the Xanax, so the quicker I'm off, the better.  I'm on the same dose you were, but for only 6 months.  All our kids are grown and out of the house, so I don't have anyone I have to take care of other than myself.  I just hope I have an experience similar to yours.  I know it won't be easy, but I'm determined to be off this crap.  My husband and I can't see me doing a long drawn out liquid taper for over a year.  Just not gonna happen for me.  I have a great doctor who calls me back within minutes of calling him, and he is always spot on woth his advice.  I can't wait to be where you are.  How long did you have to be off work?  During the taper too, or just from the jump???