• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [an...]

• [Be...]

• [Th...]

• [gl...]

Thank you, Bella.

I made a cut this evening from 0.5625 mg to 0.53125 mg. I'm wanting to find out the percentage dropped. Does 10.5% sound accurate?

Thank you, Bella.

I made a cut this evening from 0.5625 mg to 0.53125 mg. I'm wanting to find out the percentage dropped. Does 10.5% sound accurate?

It is a 5.5% reduction

How to calculate percentage decrease:

First: Work out the difference (decrease) between the two numbers you are comparing; .5625 - .53125=.03125/

2nd: Divide the decrease by the original number; .03125/.5625= .055

3rd: Multiply the answer by 100; .055x100=  5.5%

• 1 month later...

Can someone please give me some insight or some words of encouragement? I'm struggling at the moment. I need to finish these antibiotics so that I don't get a reoccurring UTI but at the same time, the added anxiety is such a damper.

-----------------------------

Hi all,

I'm wondering if Cifixime 400 mg. once per day for seven days is going to hinder my slow withdrawal from Paxil and Ativan.

I'm already experiencing heightened anxiety after each dose (or maybe it's in my head?) however this is listed as one of the side effects of this medication.

TIA

Hi anona!

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Symptoms can tend to ramp up as the dose gets lower. If the anxiety you are now feeling was not an issue prior to benzos this should go away once you get off. I had this weird form of anxiety for several month. I called it "medication induced" anxiety. Hope it gets better for you. Not really sure if/how the antibiotic you are taking may affect you...the only antibiotic that I am aware of that may have a adverse effect when combined with benzo is fluoroquinolones.

Hope you feel better soon!

:smitten:

Thank you, Bella for your kind words.

I've always had anxiety but this antibiotic seems to magnify it as soon as I take the dose. I have only four more tablets to take so I'm trying my best to push through despite the symptoms.

Hey there anona-

Sometimes it may seem as if things get amplified & we become more sensitive in withdrawal. Who knows...do you think perhaps you may be having some sort of allergic reaction to the antibiotic? Maybe check this option out if this symptom become any worse. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hang in there!  :hug:  :smitten:

Hi Bella,

I've read the antibiotic's website and the online information insert and I don't see anxiety listed as a reaction.

Today was a better day after I took the dose so now I'm thinking maybe I'M the one causing the amplified anxiety due to my fear of taking any new medication?

Thank you for the well wishes.  :smitten:

Thank you, Bella.

Anticipatory anxiety is a big struggle for me on a daily basis. I try to use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques but sometimes the thoughts or symptoms are just too strong.

Bella Amis,

Last night was a difficult one for me--I got so worked up that I couldn't even get out of my bed or walk to the kitchen so I took 0.75 mg of Ativan instead of my 0.43875 mg. Have I just sabotaged myself in terms of tapering?

Bella Amis,

Last night was a difficult one for me--I got so worked up that I couldn't even get out of my bed or walk to the kitchen so I took 0.75 mg of Ativan instead of my 0.43875 mg. Have I just sabotaged myself in terms of tapering?

Sorry to hear you had a rough night.  I doubt if one rescue dose would "sabotage" your taper but if you do that to often you may be setting yourself up for Kindling& this is not fun.

Hi Bella Amis,

Since I started my taper, I believe I have used only one rescue dose which was last night.

If permitted to ask, have you or anyone you know experienced kindling and if so, what does it feel like?

Hey anona-

I never have experienced it but I have read a lot of buddies stories & have personally known a couple members who kindled. What it is is when the drug no longer has any efficacy due to withdrawing over & over or going up & down in dosing for extended periods. From what you have shared you do not have this because you get some relief when you take "rescue dose" so I would prolly not make it a regular thing you will be ok....get back on track with your taper when you feel well enough  :thumbsup:

Hope you feel better soon anona!  :smitten:

Bella Amis,

I think I might need to switch to Klonopin to finish off this taper. :-(

I don't know if it's my current dose of Ativan I'm on or Paxil but I've been feeling panic-like symptoms for the past several days that start in the morning or about 11 - 12 hours after teaching each medication.

Hi anona-

This anxiety you are feeling is probably from the withdrawal which is to be expected. Because you were a short term user, I would try to split that .43 mg up over the day instead of a single dose to see if it helps any. It hardly makes sense to crossover to K due to the short time frame you have been on benzo. I dunno  :-\

Thank you for the reply, Bella!

I keep telling myself that it's a "small" dose and that the symptoms will eventually subside but it's such a struggle. Right now, I'm living the life of going to work (I'm not sure how I'm managing) and coming home to rest and nothing else.

• 1 month later...

Fifty-five percent of my taper has been completed.

Right now I'm at 0.3125 mg. At which dose can I consider ending the taper?

Fifty-five percent of my taper has been completed.

Right now I'm at 0.3125 mg. At which dose can I consider ending the taper?

Hi Anona-

The suggested jump rate for Ativan would be .05mg (the equivalent to .5mg Valium) However, I have read somewhere that .10 (1mg V equiv.) is the point where the benzo loses efficacy. So you could try .10mg but it is suggested .05mg  :-\

Hi,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but need help with ativan taper! I've been on it 20 years at different doses and have been trying to get off. I know i am doing it wrong. I need a coach.

Is there a database of doctors so I can find one local for help.

Thanks

Hi Bella Girl,

I see that you've made a separate topic regarding your taper. Someone more experienced will hopefully reply soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like a helpful thread... I am hoping someone may have suggestions for me. I am at the end of a three+ month Ativan taper (I was taking Xanax for roughly two months). I am currently down to .125 2x daily and it has become increasingly difficult to deal with yucky withdrawal symptoms. Once a week I reduce by .125 either in the AM or PM. I haven't taken any rescue doses and have remained consistent through all of this. Yesterday (my reduction day) I dropped from .25 in the AM and .125 in the PM to .125 in the AM and PM and next Wednesday I am anticipating dropping the evening dose, and the following Wednesday dropping the morning dose and then I will be off benzos.

Is this too fast of a taper for someone who has only been struggling with dependency this year? I am also on .20mg Lexapro which I started in March to help with this taper. My main symptoms are constant anxiety, fatigue, brain fog, eye sensitivity, mild dizziness, emotional instability/depression, and waking up a lot at night. Some days I struggle to leave the house. It seemed I was doing well for the past month and then recently when I dropped from 25mg it became more difficult, especially in combination with my recent menstrual cycle and fatigue. :-\  ... Thank you. 

This seems like a helpful thread... I am hoping someone may have suggestions for me. I am at the end of a three+ month Ativan taper (I was taking Xanax for roughly two months). I am currently down to .125 2x daily and it has become increasingly difficult to deal with yucky withdrawal symptoms. Once a week I reduce by .125 either in the AM or PM. I haven't taken any rescue doses and have remained consistent through all of this. Yesterday (my reduction day) I dropped from .25 in the AM and .125 in the PM to .125 in the AM and PM and next Wednesday I am anticipating dropping the evening dose, and the following Wednesday dropping the morning dose and then I will be off benzos.

Is this too fast of a taper for someone who has only been struggling with dependency this year? I am also on .20mg Lexapro which I started in March to help with this taper. My main symptoms are constant anxiety, fatigue, brain fog, eye sensitivity, mild dizziness, emotional instability/depression, and waking up a lot at night. Some days I struggle to leave the house. It seemed I was doing well for the past month and then recently when I dropped from 25mg it became more difficult, especially in combination with my recent menstrual cycle and fatigue. :-\  ... Thank you.

Hellowishin58

A cut from .25mg to .125mg is a 50% cut. Many here would find this rate to fast. Considering the relatively short time you have been on benzo & the fact that the majority of folks who come off benzo experience minimal symptom & heal quickly this rate may be doable for you. All you can do is try. If your symptoms become unmanageable just "hold" or try reducing .0625mg