Ativan taper

[an...]

Hello,

I'm currently down to 0.21875 mg of Ativan once per day. I have an upcoming MRI and I might need Ativan to get me through the 30-45 minute procedure. During my taper, I have only taken one rescue dose which was back in April (I had no issue of rekindling). Is it possible for one more, one-time extra dose to set me back in any way?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [an...]

• [Be...]

• [Th...]

• [gl...]

I wouldn't do it but if you did something similar before, maybe it will be okay. I had 2 MRIs on my valium taper and didn't take anything. Not that I am a brave soul: I'm not. But I told myself that I needed to start learning how to deal with extraordinary events without reaching for a drug. They were really tolerable, and I am a wimp. I had a couple many years ago, and recalled they were not nice, but I just told myself that these would be different. I took a music CD and earbuds and that helped.

Whatever you decide, good luck! We all do what we have to do.

Katz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The MRI was doable without the use of Ativan.

Good going Anona! How is your taper going?

Thank you, Bella. I was quite proud of myself as I kept delaying the exam and when I finally decided to go through with it, it was such a pleasant experience. I believe the environment had a lot to do with it; the room was lit, the tube was lit, the goalie style mask was nice and far from my face and a technician stayed with me in the room throughout the duration of the imaging.

I'm nearing the end of my taper at 0.03125 mg. I'm seven days into this dose and plan on jumping off on the 11th day. If you think I should cut this current dose in half in a few days and extend my taper by seven to ten days more, please let me know.

The MRI was doable without the use of Ativan.

Good going Anona! How is your taper going?

Thank you, Bella. I was quite proud of myself as I kept delaying the exam and when I finally decided to go through with it, it was such a pleasant experience. I believe the environment had a lot to do with it; the room was lit, the tube was lit, the goalie style mask was nice and far from my face and a technician stayed with me in the room throughout the duration of the imaging.

I'm nearing the end of my taper at 0.03125 mg. I'm seven days into this dose and plan on jumping off on the 11th day. If you think I should cut this current dose in half in a few days and extend my taper by seven to ten days more, please let me know.

You ought to be proud Anona...you have come a long way...it has been a long time & you have fought & endured...when the time comes see how you feel, then make a decision whether or not to extend a few more days  :thumbsup: ...you will be off very soon  :yippee: YAY  :yippee:

• 2 weeks later...

It was a tough year, Bella Amis but I'm glad the taper is now done and over with.

For those who are on the Benzo train seeking to get off, don't lose hope. Some days will be unbearable, others will be tolerable and the rest will be good. Patience with your symptoms and a genuinely supportive circle of friends and family will aid in pulling you through this challenging (but doable) time.

It was a tough year, Bella Amis but I'm glad the taper is now done and over with.

For those who are on the Benzo train seeking to get off, don't lose hope. Some days will be unbearable, others will be tolerable and the rest will be good. Patience with your symptoms and a genuinely supportive circle of friends and family will aid in pulling you through this challenging (but doable) time.

[move][glow=silver,5,300]CONGRATULATIONS Anona! You did it![/glow]  :clap::yippee::mybuddy:[/move]

Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend! :smitten:

You are welcome Anona!

Hopefully you are one of the "lucky ones" and it will be smooth sailing with few issues if any from here on out  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I am now down to 0.5 of ativan i take the pill and split it in half ... take half at 6pm . then split the other half in two pieces . take one piece at 10 am and the other at 2 am .

Having anxiety started at 0.75 over a month ago. been tapering

Now how do I taper from here. Do i leave one of the small pills out or try to cut it smaller?

And how long should I wait inbetween .