Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Hi all,

I am finally here at .125.  It took a bit longer than I thought.  I hope to learn from you all and give and get support through the rest of the taper.  I’ve been doing DLMT since June.  Sooo much better than cut and hold!  But now getting to lower dose I’m having to slow things down way more than I thought.  Currently tapering about .0006 per day.  Don’t know how you all have been able do taper .001/day...I wish I could...If I can hang in at this pace I could be done around June/July 2019?

My biggest issue with sxs is anxiety now.  When I was tapering faster I had many more physical sxs.  I’m getting about 5 hours of sleep at night.  I use Magnesium Glycinate to help with sleep and anxiety.

I’ll come back to say more later.  Hope someone is still here!  Give me a shout out, please!

Hello circlestar. Goodchance here. I also take Mag. Gly. for sleep. I don't take many sups. just vit. C , Vit. D when I don't get sun, that's all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may have stumbled onto something that is helping with sleep and morning anxiety...will have to watch and observe.  So... I mentioned that I slept well the other night, and so I thought about what I had done differently.  Friday night I had a little snack of dried cherries.  And then I slept really well that night.  So Saturday I did it again...sleep was not magical, but the wakeup was milder anxiety.  Then last night I did it once again.  This morning I had my best morning in 2 years!  A real window.

So I’ve taken to the internet.  It turns out that Montmorency tart cherries have tryptophan which converts to melatonin.  And that’s exactly what I had in the cupboard.  I buy them at Trader Joe’s.  I’m only eating about ten dried cherries. I wonder if it will continue to be effective or if my body will get used to it?

Anybody have any experience with this?

Goodchance-

I take a number of supplements.  But these were all things I’ve taken long before the taper.

Taken these forever:

Vit B,C,D, multi

Fish Oil

These I added about around 2013 after reading book by Dr David Perlmutter called Grain Brain.  He also has a new book out called Brain Maker about the microbiome effect on the brain:

Turmeric

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Reveratrol

Probiotic

This is the only one I’ve added since the taper:

Magnesium Glycinate

I have eaten a low carb, pescatarian diet for years to try to keep diabetes at bay.  I was successful in staying off metformin for 10 years by eating a healthy diet. (Btw the fish part is only by my personal preference.  I think I remember he likes other protein too.)

I'm feeling *okay*.  I had some dizzy spells last week and the week before.  I don't feel weak during them, I feel extreme dizziness and nauseous, basically vertigo.  I got a massage last week and that seemed to trigger an even bigger dizzy spell on Saturday but then it went away.  I do think that my shoulder muscle is causing the dizziness somehow.

Yesterday at around 5pm I became completely exhausted.  The beginning of the day was pretty good.  Today is okay but I don't feel as great as yesterday due to more sleeping issues.  I'm back to waking up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep for an hour or two.  I'm going to try and go to bed even earlier tonight. 

I haven't made my cake yet.  I need to get eggs.  I am excited for it though.

I'm feeling *okay*.  I had some dizzy spells last week and the week before.  I don't feel weak during them, I feel extreme dizziness and nauseous, basically vertigo.  I got a massage last week and that seemed to trigger an even bigger dizzy spell on Saturday but then it went away.  I do think that my shoulder muscle is causing the dizziness somehow.

Yesterday at around 5pm I became completely exhausted.  The beginning of the day was pretty good.  Today is okay but I don't feel as great as yesterday due to more sleeping issues.  I'm back to waking up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep for an hour or two.  I'm going to try and go to bed even earlier tonight. 

I haven't made my cake yet.  I need to get eggs.  I am excited for it though.

GreenCup,

You are wise to plan to go to bed early.  That has been a big key for me.  Get as much rest as you can so you body can finish healing.  Some of the success stories talk of taking 1 or 2 years to be fully healed after reaching zero but they do enjoy improvements each month.

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't made my cake yet.  I need to get eggs.  I am excited for it though./quote]

Congratulations GreenCup!  When the sternocleildomastoid muscle  (runs diagonal on the neck)  is tight , it can cause big time dizziness.  Moving your shoulder would affect that muscle.

Beth

Beth—

How are you feeling?  Is it more/different sxs the lower you go? Or is it easier?

Hi Circlestar,

I think I've been having less symptoms as I go lower.  I'm at.027 today.  It feels great to be near .025 where Ashton says you can jump.  I am planning to keep reducing on to 0 though.  The only symptom that has been more frequent has been the leg cramps upon awakening.  They were one of my first symptoms when I started the taper.

Beth- I searched up the sternocleildomastoid muscle, and I think you are right, that is it!   

OMG I keep forgetting about my cake.  LOL.  I even bought eggs for it. 

Last night, my muscles hurt and tensed up in my shoulder, for a long period of time, while I was sleeping.  When I go to get a massage, the massage therapists think that I have been using the muscle via lifting heavy objects.  Hahahaha.  That couldn't be further from the truth, but damn, I wish I could tell this shoulder muscle to just relax while sleeping. 

I have now been off this stuff for one week and I don't really feel too different than the week before I jumped.  I will say I get less anxiety now than I did before I started my taper.  I was definitely in tolerance withdrawal for years, and thought that was just my anxiety.  Also, food tastes better and nature looks more beautiful.  Songs..omg songs are amazing.  I want to make music more than ever, every time I hear music.  Even if it is just me singing along or something, it feels totally different now. 

Hope everyone is having a pretty good day.  I don't know how I could classify my current state.  Window?  Not a wave for sure, but not really a window either, as there are still plenty of annoying things hanging around still, but I'm going to try and have a good day anyways.

Beth- I searched up the sternocleildomastoid muscle, and I think you are right, that is it!   

OMG I keep forgetting about my cake.  LOL.  I even bought eggs for it. 

Last night, my muscles hurt and tensed up in my shoulder, for a long period of time, while I was sleeping.  When I go to get a massage, the massage therapists think that I have been using the muscle via lifting heavy objects.  Hahahaha.  That couldn't be further from the truth, but damn, I wish I could tell this shoulder muscle to just relax while sleeping. 

I have now been off this stuff for one week and I don't really feel too different than the week before I jumped.  I will say I get less anxiety now than I did before I started my taper.  I was definitely in tolerance withdrawal for years, and thought that was just my anxiety.  Also, food tastes better and nature looks more beautiful.  Songs..omg songs are amazing.  I want to make music more than ever, every time I hear music.  Even if it is just me singing along or something, it feels totally different now. 

Hope everyone is having a pretty good day.  I don't know how I could classify my current state.  Window?  Not a wave for sure, but not really a window either, as there are still plenty of annoying things hanging around still, but I'm going to try and have a good day anyways.

Good for you GreenCup and thank you for posting.  You are an inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I see that this forum has shut down a bit.  I image it's because a few of us finished our taper.

I just dropped by to say hello.  I am now 3 months off.  I am feeling a lot better.  I don't have any symptoms right now which is great.  I'm also doing the keto diet which has given me a ton of energy.

How are folks here doing?

Lots of love!

Hi everyone,

I see that this forum has shut down a bit.  I image it's because a few of us finished our taper.

I just dropped by to say hello.  I am now 3 months off.  I am feeling a lot better.  I don't have any symptoms right now which is great.  I'm also doing the keto diet which has given me a ton of energy.

How are folks here doing?

Lots of love!

Hi WW,

It’s good to hear from you.

And it’s very good to hear that you have no symptoms right now and even have energy.

I am almost 3 months off Klonopin and I’ve had some ups and downs but this week has been one of the best so far.  I’m really having a nice week.  I’ve been going to the gym every day for months but these last few days of been excellent.

The slow and study taper really seems to work.

Thanks for checking in and I hope you have wonderful holidays and Christmas.

Bob

I am still here. I have had some very bad days and nights since jumping. But I have had some ok and even good days too. One very positive thing is that my psychological dependence on the benzos has been greatly reduced. My first few nights off were terrifying because I did not know what would happen. But now I know that although I may be uncomfortable, I will not die or totally lose my sanity from not taking the benzo. Now I am trying to figure out how to cope with stress without pills or alcohol. I still very much want to take something if I feel any stress. The reason I wanted off relatively quickly is because I am 35 and I don’t have too many years left to comfortably try and have a child. Anyway, I’m hanging on and I’m basically functional most days. I’m glad to see Bob and WonderWoman you are also doing well. Take care!

I am still here. I have had some very bad days and nights since jumping. But I have had some ok and even good days too. One very positive thing is that my psychological dependence on the benzos has been greatly reduced. My first few nights off were terrifying because I did not know what would happen. But now I know that although I may be uncomfortable, I will not die or totally lose my sanity from not taking the benzo. Now I am trying to figure out how to cope with stress without pills or alcohol. I still very much want to take something if I feel any stress. The reason I wanted off relatively quickly is because I am 35 and I don’t have too many years left to comfortably try and have a child. Anyway, I’m hanging on and I’m basically functional most days. I’m glad to see Bob and WonderWoman you are also doing well. Take care!

Congrats for reaching zero.

Once think which helps me with stress is to drink decaffeinated green or decaffeinated black tea.  Hey, a billion Chinese can't be wrong.  But seriously, the L'Theanine in the tea really slows down my anxiety.  I now just buy L'Theanine in capsule form.

Hey WW-  Nice to see you stopping by. This Saturday I will be off for four weeks.  :o 

I gotta say I really did the right thing, going down so slowly at the end of my taper.  I really did not feel all that different when I stopped and although things are improving since I finished my taper, it is all happening very slowly.  My shoulder pain is slightly less and I finally feel like what the massage therapist does can actually make a difference.  I am seeing a therapist who thinks I have PTSD, even though we are not sure what my trauma is.  That is a bit strange but I do agree that I have all the symptoms of PTSD.  So I'm working on that and keeping a journal of all the times I feel strong emotions and what I am thinking at the time. 

Overall, most things are better.  I am feeling sad more quickly when I get angry.  I have also wondered if maybe my anger is just to make me feel slightly better instead of just being sad all the time.  Like a weird cure my body invented so I don't get too depressed.  Who knows, but I try not to dwell on this stuff too much as have days where I only feel slightly sick for a few hours, and that is such an improvement.  My energy level is higher, though, not that great, but just better.  My sleep is good, and I am very thankful for that.  I am able to sleep 7 hours most nights with just a slight disruption in the night. 

I'm exercising a little, not really full force yet, and thinking about doing a keto or low carb diet, but maybe that is just silly to even try before the holidays start.  LOL.  I am very excited for the holidays.  I've been sick for so long.  For twenty years now.  It's hard for me to believe that and also that I might just be getting better.  Sorry to say my memory does not seem very improved yet.  I am better with lists now though, since I have the energy to do the things on them, that really helps too. 

Ah, I'm writing a book here again.  I am seriously thinking about writing a story though.  I do enjoy writing a lot though I don't think extra long forum posts really count as "writing experience".  LOL.  Hope everyone is having a lovely day, and if it isn't hope you can find some spark of good to see or feel, even if it is small. 

I'm still here too.  At .008 mg today!  And not doing too bad.  My energy and strength is improving and I slept 7.5 hours straight last night.  (only the second time that happened this year)  I'm looking forward to jumping one week from today!

I'm still here too.  At .008 mg today!  And not doing too bad.  My energy and strength is improving and I slept 7.5 hours straight last night.  (only the second time that happened this year)  I'm looking forward to jumping one week from today!

I'm so excited for you Beth.  You're almost done!  :thumbsup:

I’m very happy to see people crossing the finish line in this group! I’ll be on the other side with you to celebrate soon!

In the meantime, I wonder if anyone developed tolerance withdrawal at such a low dose or it is more likely the lose dose itself not working like a higher dose. I’m at .0275 and holding. At this rate it’ll take me 6-12 more months to step off. I wonder if I’m doing more harm than good by going so slow. I don’t think the dose I’m at is therapeutic. I’m functional and that’s all I can ask for but I anticipate a job location move in a few weeks and that will add stress. I was holding to stabilize until after the move but not sure if I should. Ironically, my symptoms sometimes go down as I cut. I’m contemplating jumping soon so I can use paternity leave (which I would need to use by April) to recover. I feel symptoms like inner tension, adrenaline surges, more anxiety, and a caustic acid sick stinging parasthesia in my limbs moving into my torso all creeping in even as I slow down and hold. My muscles are getting tighter. Has anyone felt worse the lower they go and could it be the dose or tolerance withdrawal finally creeping in? How bad can TW get at such a low dose?

Thanks!

I’m very happy to see people crossing the finish line in this group! I’ll be on the other side with you to celebrate soon!

In the meantime, I wonder if anyone developed tolerance withdrawal at such a low dose or it is more likely the lose dose itself not working like a higher dose. I’m at .0275 and holding. At this rate it’ll take me 6-12 more months to step off. I wonder if I’m doing more harm than good by going so slow. I don’t think the dose I’m at is therapeutic. I’m functional and that’s all I can ask for but I anticipate a job location move in a few weeks and that will add stress. I was holding to stabilize until after the move but not sure if I should. Ironically, my symptoms sometimes go down as I cut. I’m contemplating jumping soon so I can use paternity leave (which I would need to use by April) to recover. I feel symptoms like inner tension, adrenaline surges, more anxiety, and a caustic acid sick stinging parasthesia in my limbs moving into my torso all creeping in even as I slow down and hold. My muscles are getting tighter. Has anyone felt worse the lower they go and could it be the dose or tolerance withdrawal finally creeping in? How bad can TW get at such a low dose?

Thanks!

I can confirm my symptoms got worse as I approached zero and even for the first few weeks after reaching zero.

However, the symptoms were not as bad as yours.  I assume when you say you are at 0.0275 that is milligrams of Klonopon vs the weight of the tablet?

If so, I think you might be cutting faster or different from me.

I reduced 0.001 mg per day and found my symptoms to be tolerable most of the time.

I created a website to share what I did, here is a link https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Bob-  I love your website!  That's great to share like that.  What a great thing to put out there to help other people.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

TrustGod-  I also had some worsening symptoms as I got lower.  I kept on cutting by .001mg a day, even when it got bad, after I went past .045mg and below.  I took 40 days to go from .040mg to zero.  I think that was slow enough. 

Bob-  I love your website!  That's great to share like that.  What a great thing to put out there to help other people.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

TrustGod-  I also had some worsening symptoms as I got lower.  I kept on cutting by .001mg a day, even when it got bad, after I went past .045mg and below.  I took 40 days to go from .040mg to zero.  I think that was slow enough.

Hey GreenCup.  I see you are a Moderator.  Have you always been a Moderator?  I am not sure what all the responsibilities are, but I think you are really giving back to the community by being a Moderator.  Very nice of you.

Hey GreenCup.  I see you are a Moderator.  Have you always been a Moderator?  I am not sure what all the responsibilities are, but I think you are really giving back to the community by being a Moderator.  Very nice of you.

Thank you.  I have not always been a moderator, just for a few months now.  I started after I moved, so somewhere in September. 

Thanks for the replies--

Bob- I love your website, very informative! I'm at .0275 mg of K, not weight of the pill. That's why I'm wondering if I'm just prolonging everything

Greencup--Thanks for sharing. I believe I am more sensitive to cuts. I need to function to support my family too so I am barely holding onto a full-time job. If my symptoms get worse by cutting too fast (for me) I may be unable to work. I've seen a lot of buddies go slow and step off, and others speed if up like you, and yet others jump from way higher and do just fine. I believe .001 a day may be too fast for me. It's a damned if you do/don't situation.

I'm in this gray area, where I may be prolonging my symptoms, but with cardiac complications, adrenaline rushes, and many more physical and mental symptoms I hate to go too fast too. I won't want to develop more of a tolerance, but I don't want to go to fast and have to go out of work and possibly cause serious health issues. I hate to be that guy that has an excuse either way I go, I just don't know what to do. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Thank you.  I have not always been a moderator, just for a few months now.  I started after I moved, so somewhere in September.

Oh yes I remember you moving. You really took on a lot since this fall. Moving can be incredible stress.

Hi gang!

So glad to hear from you all!  And such good news!

Beth--wow! almost done!

GreenCup--you are an inspiration.  You really explore yourself and your motivations.  I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.  And keep writing, love your thoughts!

WW and Bob--glad things are going well.  Thanks for checking back in here to let us know.  We hope this will continue to be your "homebase" on BB.

TG--you're almost there.  Seems like with your sxs, you may want to continue the taper to the end.  However, you're certainly within the guideline for a jump.  Do whatever seems best to you. 

I'm still progressing albeit slowly.  Now at .106.  Soon to that seemingly significant drop below .10. Yay!