severe shaking all over body and internal shaking and vibration/nausea

[pe...]

Yes...I am very  sick and have been since the c/t...then I go on Klonopin...didn't get stable on it after the c/t...began tapering at the instructions of my doc and have come down very fast....I am back in c/t again....I have held cuts for 3 weeks and it does nothing...should I go back to my original dose and try to stabilize?  I wonder if I would have stabilized if I had stayed on the Klonopin longer after the c/t...however i have been told that once this is unleashed it is very hard to stabilize again....the physical symptoms have made me want to go to hospital...they are horrific....I feel totally screwed now as I am bad shape and my system is badly damaged...we are going to get compounding capsules...water did not work for me....I'm not sure I can do this with my symptoms being what they are...the pain is severe...I am very non-functional

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pe...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [Su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are promoting Requip and another medication for Restless Leg Syndrome. Both of these are long time medications used for Parkinson's disease. Has anybody ever talked to his or her doctor about using a medication like requip to ease this symptom?

Dave

I don't know about this drug, but as a general point, taking meds (especially ones that act upon the central nervous system) should be approached with caution. We are, after all, taking about a temporary problem, that although difficult to cope with, is not life-threatening, or going to cause other serious medical problems. Most anticonvulsants (I assume that Requip is an anticonvulsant of some sort) carry a large potential for serious side-effects.

Colin,

What did you think about my last post?  Thanks, Pebbles

Hi Pebbles,

First of all, you are the one that must make the final decision about what to do. No one knows your situation better, and how you feel.

It seems to me, because of your rather erratic recent benzo history, you should stay at your present dose for longer. It is not that unusual for people to stay at a dose for a month or more before making a new cut. I think that at the heart of your question is how long should yo stay at your present dose if don't improve? There is no single answer for this, but in your shoes, I'd be inclined to give it a bit more time before making another cut to my dose.

I usually suggest that people resist any temptation to reverse a cut, unless the cut was made very recently - essentially correcting their dose. I understand that is what you are proposing, but despite how you feel, your system will have been adjusting to your present dose for a long time now. It is, of course, your decision, but as you already know, an increase in dose does not necessarily mean things will improve. I would give it some more time, but you know best.

• 1 month later...
I haven't posted for awhile.  I am still in verybad shape.  I am on .25 Klonopin and 5 mg of valium.  I have crossed over to 5 mg of valium in 3 weeks.  If you read through my previous post and blogs you will know my history.  I wrote to ashton and she thinks I am in severe tolerance withdrawal and possibly paradoxical.  I have been so severe since the c/t 7 months ago...nothing is letting up....I have c/t symptoms daily 24/7 and am in a very bad way...i know I need to taper but it is so hard to do that when you can't stabilize at all and try to cut when sick...am still homebound...severely depressed...have tons of physical symptoms daily like I did from the c/t and am a complete mess...I am scared of detox but don't know how to get off...symptoms severe...bad buzzing and shaking, jaw quivering, etc...no life...husband cares for house, shopping, kids, etc...I have been like this for 7 months....i can't keep going with no relief....I reinstated to 1.5 mg of Klonopin in may after the c/t from ativan and xanax but 4 weeks had went by and got no relief and stayed sick.the c/t symptoms were very extreme and severe...I have lots of mental and neurological problems and physical problems..lost my job and went on disability...the valium isn't helping...nothing helps....severe head pain...very bad depression now and anxiety all the time inside even when I sleep..wake up with sever buzzing and shaking and jerking...I am very scared...I have to get off this stuff but can't handle day to day...Pebbles

Pebbles, It is good to hear from you again, I know lots of people here were so concerned about you.

I'm so sorry for what you have been going through.

I"m not sure how long you have been on benzos, cuz I didn't read back on your old posts, but I am sure you have read that sometimes it can take many months to recover from wd, especially if there was a c/t involved.

I know that might not feel so reassuring,  but you should try to see it as reassuring, because it means that you WILL recover. You just don't know when yet.

You are now on a low dose, so you are still acutely feeling your previous cold turkey. Believe it or not, It will get better.

There are other people here who have experienced very difficult wd, as you know, and they missed you and they will be along shortly.

Take care Pebbles, hang in there, ok?

Linda

Pebbles,

You have to hang on OK.  Do NOT go into detox, it might kill you, induce a seizure, or psychosis.  You cannot get through this any other way than what you are doing.  Make the crossover to valium if you can. Keep cutting, you don't have to to do it every week, or even every 2nd week.  Do it when you can stand to do it.  If it will help, go back and read my blog and see the horror I have been through this year.  I am sooo much better than I was even 6 months ago.  I know that this nightmare seems neverending, but it is not.  There is a way through and you just have to keep going.

Take care.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

i think she needs to hold and stabilize - cuts are hard - but there needs to be some form of relief before jumping into the next one.

you cannot expect to be normal - but it should be rock hard from beginning to end without relief.

i held each cut for one month so i wasn't in a continual state of traumatic withdrawal.

i think the issue of sleep needs to be addressed without yet another prescription - lack of sleep can be very exhausting.

some take calms forte - i take sleepMD an over then counter supplement - during my withdrawals i paid dearly for any caffeinated drinks i had - if i had any caffeine i was fried - so stop sugar and caffeine - try a protein drink around 6PM and seriously wind down from 6:pm on. 

keep your bedroom neat and uncluttered well vacuumed and dusted - change sheets often - all of things with help with breathing and relaxation.  crack your window during the day to air out your room.

for any caffeinated drinks i had - if i had any caffeine i was fried - so stop sugar and caffeine -

Silver you are so right about this. All my recent wd symptoms, including the rls, calmed way down when I reduced my caffeine to almost nothing. (not completely yet cuz don't want to go thru  caffeine wd) even sugar.

I use no caffeine or anything and haven't....I have thyroid issues and hormonal issues that cannot be addressed until I get off this stuff...please read my post under "what if you can't stabilize...and my blog...it explains things in more detail....I am in a very bad way...Pebbles

• 2 weeks later...
I am finding that when I rest I am only sleeping for 1 to 2 hour blocks and having alot of strange vivid dreams...this has been going on for 7 months....every night...then I wake after a couple of hours and dose off again for 30 min increments and have more dreams every 30 mins as I wake and look at the clock....I seem to be in constant rem sleep and average 6-10 different dreams per night as I wake up so often...i am not completing the sleep cycles and am exhausted.  I also find that I have a very severe electic current of buzzing inside my body that i don't notice as much in the daytime but it gets very severe in my sleep...almost like too much brain activity ro something...I know buzzing can be common but not sure I understand why it is worsening in the nighttime when I am asleep and each time i wake it is there and very, bad....I have had both of these symptoms for months....I am just weak and no muscle tone and just have to lay down all the time because of this and the nausea and head pain...

buzzing seems to be something many of us have had or do have.

brain activity is due to your gaba receptors being in a state of repair.  waking was a common thing for me during the night - did it often many if not most nights.

i noticed you are jumping around the forum reading and posting - that is very good - that is how you get a better understanding of what people went thru or are going thru.

tell me pebbles are you any better then during and right after your cold turkey event?

No...in some ways I feel worse...the reinstatement and then fast taper made me worse...but I was very severe with the c/t and still have many of those original symptoms....buzzing and the nuerological stuff...that did not start with the Klonopin