I Got My Life Back – Thank God!

[Th...]

The only muscle issues I had was muscle twitching and some muscle soreness in my neck, shoulders and butt!  :)

All of my symptoms have been gone for quite awhile now.

You WILL heal!

It's been one year since I posted my success story and things are better than ever.  ZERO symptoms.  Sleep is still improving.  Life is BETTER than it was before Benzos.  If you are still struggling, don't give up hope, don't reinstate.  You WILL heal.  You WILL get your life back.  This is TEMPORARY and does end. 
  • Like 1

It's been one year since I posted my success story and things are better than ever.  ZERO symptoms.  Sleep is still improving.  Life is BETTER than it was before Benzos.  If you are still struggling, don't give up hope, don't reinstate.  You WILL heal.  You WILL get your life back.  This is TEMPORARY and does end.

This is exactly the type of message that helps to get me through another day.  Congratulations, and thanks!

Hey ThEwAy2!  It's hopefulinpa from POR.  I'm a little over 2 weeks out from jumping and you'll be happy to hear that I've gotten sleep ranging from 3 to 7.5 hours.  I had two nights of 6 hours uninterrupted sleep.  Unfortunately, my anxiety is sky high during the day.  No real windows yet, but I am getting sleep by taking SLEEP, RELAX and about 2mg of Melatonin.  I really hope that my CNS will settle down someday!

Going through a lot of stress right now about possibly taking a part time job at my alma mater.  My husband is pressuring me.  I had taken a severance package from my employer in July.  Wish I hadn't done that.  It was a very good corporate job, but at the time I didn't think I could do it and taper - my fearful benzo brain!  I'm still really uncertain, but I have to somehow proceed with life.  Thank you again for your encouragement.

Hi Hopefulinpa,

Didn't know you were on this site! :)  Welcome.  Glad to learn your sleep is improving.  It was my worst symptom and I had some pretty lousy symptoms beside insomnia.

Daytime anxiety seems to be pretty common.  The anxiety lets up toward the end of the day for most.  You will start to see some windows soon.  Promise.  Now that you are off things may be UP and DOWN, but they will get better.  Also, glad to see you jumped on my Birthday!  :)

What really helped me was deciding to be miserable AND miss out on life or be miserable and live life the best I could given the crummy circumstances.  When I just stopped caring/worrying about the symptoms and lack of sleep, things slowly got better. 

Great advice - making efforts to live the best life despite distressing symptoms is the way to go. It helps take the pressure off which just compounds distress. ;D

Hi Hopefulinpa,

Didn't know you were on this site! :)  Welcome.  Glad to learn your sleep is improving.  It was my worst symptom and I had some pretty lousy symptoms beside insomnia.

Daytime anxiety seems to be pretty common.  The anxiety lets up toward the end of the day for most.  You will start to see some windows soon.  Promise.  Now that you are off things may be UP and DOWN, but they will get better.  Also, glad to see you jumped on my Birthday!  :)

What really helped me was deciding to be miserable AND miss out on life or be miserable and live life the best I could given the crummy circumstances.  When I just stopped caring/worrying about the symptoms and lack of sleep, things slowly got better.

• 4 weeks later...

2 years 4 months off...doing very well.  For those still in the thick of WD.  Time will heal you.  I never thought I would heal and here I am. 

You'll get there too.  Be patient.  Be thankful.  Think positive.  Be grateful.  It is proven that thinking positive and being grateful increase serotonin levels.  :thumbsup:

2 years 4 months off...doing very well.  For those still in the thick of WD.  Time will heal you.  I never thought I would heal and here I am. 

You'll get there too.  Be patient.  Be thankful.  Think positive.  Be grateful.  It is proven that thinking positive and being grateful increase serotonin levels.  :thumbsup:

[/quote)

So encouraging to see people are getting better and so sad I'm 30 months out benzo and 10 months out all medication and not really improving.

My head symptoms is killing me.

Do you had a burning squeezing head? For how long you had it? Even my scalp is so sensitive I can't touch it.

I'm so scared I will have this rest of my life.

Vica

Congratulations Theway2!!!  Please don't disappear.  Need your encouragement.  :)

I plan to hang around as long as God lets me!  :)

The biggest thing I needed was hope when I was in the thick of my withdrawal.  Hope is real.  This is all TEMPORARY and reversible.

Hold onto the fact that it doesn't last forever, although it sure can seem like it sometimes!

Thank you for this! I have been so freaked out about my lack of sleep issues, especially when i slept like a log while I was on Klonopin for 5 years. Been off of it for 5 months. Sleep deprivation has been hard n dr's are telling me that i need to  more of it, so they keep trying to prescribe stuff that I am afraid to take.  :(  I am lucky to get 2-3 hrs at a time now, even. Best nights are 5, but that has been rare. Your post has given me the understanding that perhaps I need not focus on this so much

Best of blessings to you to the beautiful life that you have made since all of this.  :angel:

@[Ma...]

Sleep deprivation is probably one of the worst things to endure.  However, we can make it through and survive surprisingly well on very little sleep.

2-3 hours isn't bad at 5 months off.  The rare 5 hour nights must feel great?

I always thought lack of sleep would kill me or make me sick.  It never happened.

Your sleep will even out over time.  Just be patient and try not to worry too much about sleep.  It was very hard for me, but once I accepted the insomnia as part of withdrawal, I slowly got better.

I would avoid Rx drugs for sleep.  No one has sleeping problems because of a lack of an Rx drug in their blood!

Try to live life the best you can given the lousy circumstance.  Be positive.  Show gratitude for any small gain.  But no matter what you feel like, you ARE healing every day.

Symptoms are actually signs of healing. 

Hoping the sandman makes more and frequent visits to you soon.

Blessing to you too!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing the great, the bad and the 'ugly' moments of your journey. It provides great encouragement and hope for so many!

You said it well, benzo's can literally mimic so many mental health issues, where one seeks help only to find they are now given more medications to go with the new label of a diagnosis, that just maybe a benzo w/d issue.

I am so thrilled you are doing well and your family is in tact going strong.

I praise HIM with you for your perseverance, endurance and healing.

Thank you again for taking the time to share and toss out a life line for so many who are hanging on by their fingernails. But they too will conquer this and rise to do great things as well.

:smitten:

• 1 month later...

Thanks Kasey,

Healing is possible for almost everyone...during this journey I wish someone would have said this to me:

Please be positive and stop thinking or saying "I can't believe that I will be normal."

Cynicism and skepticism have filled our lives.  We need to get out of the habit of questioning and doubting the possibility of things

It's not whether God will help, but whether we believe it will happen

Focus on those that recovered and got their life back

No one can keep you in your current situation, except you!

Understand the root word of responsibility is response.  You may not be able to control anything happening to you from withdrawal, but you can control your RESPONSE to it.

In your response, lies true healing and recovery!

No one can keep you down, but you!

You are not a victim, you CAN get past this by dealing with your thoughts, actions and reactions.

You WILL overcome and get your life back!

Congralutaions, ThEwAy!  :clap:  You made it!

Thank you for sharing the wisdom you've gleaned from the other side!  It gives renewed hope & strength to persevere.  There's light at the end of this tunnel.  :thumbsup:

I especially love your sharing that we still have control over how we respond, no matter how bad it gets,  "...the root word of responsibility is response. "  That's just beautiful. 

Wishing you all the best life has to offer!  :smitten:

In gratitude,

sierra

• 2 weeks later...

Saige,

You'll get there...I promise.  You are near the end of your taper according to your signature. 

It will get better after you are completely off.  It may be rough for some time, but it WILL even out.

Time and God are the healers.

You'll cross the finish line one day and look back with gratitude, joy and happiness!

Thanks Kasey,

Healing is possible for almost everyone...during this journey I wish someone would have said this to me:

Please be positive and stop thinking or saying "I can't believe that I will be normal."

Cynicism and skepticism have filled our lives.  We need to get out of the habit of questioning and doubting the possibility of things

It's not whether God will help, but whether we believe it will happen

Focus on those that recovered and got their life back

No one can keep you in your current situation, except you!

Understand the root word of responsibility is response.  You may not be able to control anything happening to you from withdrawal, but you can control your RESPONSE to it.

In your response, lies true healing and recovery!

No one can keep you down, but you!

You are not a victim, you CAN get past this by dealing with your thoughts, actions and reactions.

You WILL overcome and get your life back!

Love this!

Thanks Demelza and Restoration....

I wish more people that healed would write success stories...they do give hope for healing.

Praying for healing for both of you!  :thumbsup: